Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-31-2017, 08:39 PM   #15
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Not long winded at all! Thanks for the detailed response.

I am very much in line with your thinking. I don't want to do a modification, and then down the road and do the same thing again. I'm already in that boat if I do pull the Vortech system to go TT.

Is there any where to go to read the big differences of E85 vs 93? I want to understand the capabilities of each vs boost.

Thanks for feedback on that topic as well.
Easy article to understand E85 and why people use it on boosted setups.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...now-about-e85/

Main point is this; ethanol has a higher heat of vaporization and thus absorbs over twice as much heat during the combustion process as gasoline does, which makes it a much more efficient cooling agent than gas.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:19 AM   #16
Luis_L99
TX_Rhino

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
I have a 14 L99. Did the ls3 conversion using a GPI stage 3 blower cam with supporting head work and melling high volume oil pump. I'm running Stainless works 1 7/8" long tubes with full exhaust. Also have a Fore stage 2 fuel system on E85 and running the Vortech V3 kit with only a 3.8" pulley making 6.5 lbs of boost and i am making 650+ rwhp. I also have a 3800 stall. I can easily make over 700 rwhp with a smaller pulley but for reliability i left it where it is at. Also, having a good fuel system will help you out and leave room for improvement in the long run. DONT CHEAP OUT!

FYI i bought the flex fuel sensor, pigtail harness, and ecu pin for $98 from the dealership. No need for an expensive "plug n play kit".
14 L99, stainless works lt, xpipe, exhaust, GPI custom grind supercharger cam, VVT delete, DOD delete, CD 3800 Stall, H&S lowering Springs, Vortech V3 supercharger, FORE stage 2 fuel sustem, E85 Nt555r,
Luis_L99 is offline   Reply With Quote