Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-18-2017, 11:48 PM   #1
Gelugon

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
Opinion wanted

I'm going to change my radio. There are 3 aftermarket kits, which is best? What's the best navigation radio out there right now? I'd like apple play, and do any support a web browser?

And..... GO

Gelugon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
beak81champ
ILSQ

Drives: '13 2SS/RS
IMHO, the PAC looks like it is supposed to be part of the dash, and strays the least from the stock look. It is a nice piece, and allows full functionality of stock options. I have the Kenwood DDX9903S, and I would give it a thumbs up after using it for 6 months or so. Before making your decision, I would read the big thread about the PAC unit, as it mentions many different head units and different peoples' experiences with various products. Good luck on your research and stereo upgrade!
Old 09-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Gelugon

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
IMHO, the PAC looks like it is supposed to be part of the dash, and strays the least from the stock look. It is a nice piece, and allows full functionality of stock options. I have the Kenwood DDX9903S, and I would give it a thumbs up after using it for 6 months or so. Before making your decision, I would read the big thread about the PAC unit, as it mentions many different head units and different peoples' experiences with various products. Good luck on your research and stereo upgrade!
The PAC is the way I'm leaning, unless someone that has it, tells me they don't like it or there are issues with it. I plan on reading thru that thread, if time allows. Looking to do this quickly as my radio died last night. I was also looking at the DDX9904s, they removed the hdmi from the 9903 to the 9904, not sure if I would use it but nice option to have. Can you access the play store or is it just pre loaded apps?

Old 09-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #4
Abrz_

Drives: camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelugon View Post
The PAC is the way I'm leaning, unless someone that has it, tells me they don't like it or there are issues with it. I plan on reading thru that thread, if time allows. Looking to do this quickly as my radio died last night. I was also looking at the DDX9904s, they removed the hdmi from the 9903 to the 9904, not sure if I would use it but nice option to have. Can you access the play store or is it just pre loaded apps?
Look into the new scosche dash kit 2.0 it's a very nice unit

19 SS Huron speed twin 62/62 turbos

18 ZL1 2650 / port / Holley / New Era Performance stage 3 pd cam / Frankenstein ported heads 9.4 @ 151 3500da
@stalk_zl1
Abrz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:27 PM   #5
FijiKid

Drives: Cyber Grey Camaro SS
I had a Sosche dash kit in a previous Camaro / I am leaning towards the PAC kit this time around due to the stockish ... look in my new camaro :-). Good Luck!
Borla "S"type Cat Back / Hotchkis TVA2 Suspension Kit / Rotofab Intake / Tinted Windows / Headlight Armor Tailight Smoke / P13 DRLs w Harness / De-badged / Satin Black Power Coated Stock Wheels / Gloss Black Calipers / EPCO Custom Knob.

FijiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
Gelugon

I like the stock look as well, can you control the heated seats with the PAC?

Old 09-19-2017, 01:51 PM   #7
beak81champ
ILSQ

Drives: '13 2SS/RS
I believe so, although I haven't tried, as it's 90 degrees here with 1000% humidity. I haven't gotten too in depth with my 9903 yet, as far as mirroring, or anything other than the USB, CD, DVD, and EQ. I'm an iPhone/computer illiterate, so my learning curve is looooong...
Old 09-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #8
Gelugon

Same weather here, just wondering for winter. It doesn't get too cold, just like to have all options