Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-22-2017, 11:16 AM   #1
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
STOP WASTING Vendors & Seller Time

If you make an offer on a Item, be it a Vendor or another member - Be prepared to complete the sale if the offer is accepted.

It never fails - post an item for sale, you get a potential buyer asking a Million questions then haggle you down, after you accept the offer..... all of a sudden you need to think about it or sleep on it.

Total waist of time

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
That works both ways. I've had people kicking tires and asking a ton of questions then nothing. No responses at all. Then there are those who post things for sale then don't check on replies. Sometimes you make a offer then they keep haggling you after you stand on the offer you gave. Some people price things so out of average range then ask you to cut your price on what you have by half when it's reasonable to begin with. I don't move much when buying or selling. Ha ha they want to think about it then they "ghost "
Scottiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #3
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiemac View Post
That works both ways. I've had people kicking tires and asking a ton of questions then nothing. No responses at all. Then there are those who post things for sale then don't check on replies. Sometimes you make a offer then they keep haggling you after you stand on the offer you gave. Some people price things so out of average range then ask you to cut your price on what you have by half when it's reasonable to begin with. I don't move much when buying or selling. Ha ha they want to think about it then they "ghost "

I have no issue with making offers, thats bargaining - my main issue is when you agree on said offer, then all of a sudden you need to think about

Its YOUR offer, You made it, what you gotta think about? don't make the offer if your not sure

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
Old 11-22-2017, 12:14 PM   #4
Scottiemac

Drives: Black 2015 1ss/rs
Even worse is a local that says ok then wants money now when we agree to meet and exchange after inspecting the item. Then nothing. Or I have a 1le rear to sell 3000 miles. They have 2010 and you ask where did it come from and how do you know the mileage? Silence. Or the don't like when you don't take their top dollar rear when you find out it has 89500 miles and been in a wreck. I have backed out when I don't like things about the item(miles,wreck, etc). I don't lead people on. Everyone that I've bought got paid in cash or PayPal when we did the deal. Stores get visa/debit. I know what you're saying and have experienced it too.
Scottiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:20 PM   #5
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT

lol
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #6
mma

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post

lol
i see what you did there lol (and the reference..)
mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:16 AM   #7
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post

lol
Cute but still a waste of time.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:46 PM   #8
stodd347

Drives: 2014 camaro S's l99
I hear ya Blu Ray. I recently had an inquire about an item I had for sale. Immediately after I told the individual it was still available he told me he would paypal when he got home that night. The next day, he asked several more questions which should have been asked up front, and "respectfully" told me he did not want the part anymore. No harm no foul, I don't want to force a sale on anyone. Then I decided to kindly offer a Black Friday price to everyone and updated my post accordingly. He contacted me again and told me WTH, why did I post it for cheaper than the price we "agreed upon" and don't give a guy a chance to sleep on the decision. He must have forgotten he basically told me to screw off, but it is my fault I didn't offer him a better price first. After all that, has the nerve to tell me he has reconsidered his previous statement and wants to get it. I told him it would be better if he just went somewhere else, to keep the peace, and then he sends me a 10th grade grammar level "bashing."
stodd347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:46 AM   #9
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by stodd347 View Post
I hear ya Blu Ray. I recently had an inquire about an item I had for sale. Immediately after I told the individual it was still available he told me he would paypal when he got home that night. The next day, he asked several more questions which should have been asked up front, and "respectfully" told me he did not want the part anymore. No harm no foul, I don't want to force a sale on anyone. Then I decided to kindly offer a Black Friday price to everyone and updated my post accordingly. He contacted me again and told me WTH, why did I post it for cheaper than the price we "agreed upon" and don't give a guy a chance to sleep on the decision. He must have forgotten he basically told me to screw off, but it is my fault I didn't offer him a better price first. After all that, has the nerve to tell me he has reconsidered his previous statement and wants to get it. I told him it would be better if he just went somewhere else, to keep the peace, and then he sends me a 10th grade grammar level "bashing."

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
Old 11-27-2017, 10:43 AM   #10
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have a bicycle advertised on a local Eclassifides website, I got an email saying he was interested in my Item. That is all it said. I replied back and told the price and terms, hit send and the email address came back as invalid... scam...
Old 11-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #11
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I once wanted to buy a gas pressure washer on Craigslist. I was okay with the price he posted, I didn't even haggle. We agreed to meet up. Then he gave me some lame excuses why he can't make it and then all of a sudden, he just stopped replying to my text.
I searched again on Craigslist and he jacked up the price from his original ad. I guess he realized his price was low which is why I jumped on it. SMH
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:22 AM   #12
MaxTheFirst

Drives: I have red 2015 Camaro
You know I was in such situations too so many times. I'd like to say that it doesn't bring lots of pleasure
MaxTheFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:34 AM   #13
MaxTheFirst

Drives: I have red 2015 Camaro
Besides I want to add that I used to be an owner of a small dealership and parts store.
When I only started my business we had many customers calling us and visiting my office, but sales weren't good. I could not realize what was wrong.
Then my wife started to master some marketing tips such as customer psychology and so on...and you know the situation turned around, things got better.
Now my company is big enough and I am looking for the third party company that can perform my daily operations, I want to redesign my site as well as to sell cars on online auctions.

Last edited by MaxTheFirst; 12-29-2017 at 04:19 AM.
MaxTheFirst is offline   Reply With Quote