Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #183
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Nice Mlee, someday we'll have to hav a Pace Car run off See who's is really faster
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #184
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Installed 3200 Circle D Torque Converter, tuned up the tranny again and headed for the Track... TX Camaro Natl's

12.93 at 107.7... ON 22" WHEELS... Spun the tires off the line all night long trying to learn the new stall... need more practice...
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #185
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Nice Mlee, someday we'll have to hav a Pace Car run off See who's is really faster
As long as we are going in a straight line... LOL
Old 11-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #186
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I talked to IPS Brandon about installing a cam in mine and he said if I go with a new cam that I really should get a torque converter as well. To be honest, I don't know much of anything about torque converters. Why did you decide to go with one? (Yes, I'm that "naive." I prefer to think of myself as "naive" as opposed to "dumb.")
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #187
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I talked to IPS Brandon about installing a cam in mine and he said if I go with a new cam that I really should get a torque converter as well. To be honest, I don't know much of anything about torque converters. Why did you decide to go with one? (Yes, I'm that "naive." I prefer to think of myself as "naive" as opposed to "dumb.")
Main reason is I'm going to be swapping out cams... and I wanted to drive w/ the torque converter first. For big cams a TQ Conv is needed so they can raise the idle and you won't have to stand on the brake at stop lights to keep it from moving forward.

Another reason it's the #1 best bang for your buck for the Autos. I now start off right in the Torque band instead of building up to it. Makes for some tricky launches since I can't just romp on it now or the tires will just roast. Take a look at your Dyno run and see where your peak torque is... then pick a stall around 5 hundred RPMs below the peak. Your tuner can help select the right one.

You won't need quite as big a stall w/ the maggie but it will certainly make a huge difference... Drag Radials are next on my list now. I plan to put them my stock wheels so I can just run with them around town if needed.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #188
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
As long as we are going in a straight line... LOL
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #189
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Cyn... you crack me up... LOL

....moving along w/ my journal updates... Video from the Camaro Nationals.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:53 AM   #190
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Cyn... you crack me up... LOL

....moving along w/ my journal updates... Video from the Camaro Nationals.

Cool video! More please...
Old 11-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #191
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
mlee, was wondering if you could help a brother out?

I have a set of 22 inch D2 VS1's like you. Heck, I've actually had them for a year now!!!! Long story, short. I'll finally be getting my Camaro in a couple months and was wondering what the final verdict was on you getting your wheels to work with the whole TPMS sensor thing and hitting the brake lines? I'm sure I'll be going threw what you went threw. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

You car looks killer by the way!!!
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #192
Darth_Emma

I went through the same thing. Be sure to get a set of OEM sensors. Many after-market sensors won't work.

You will likely need to get some sort of clamp or zip tie to hold the ebrake line out of the way. It's not a big deal to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
mlee, was wondering if you could help a brother out?

I have a set of 22 inch D2 VS1's like you. Heck, I've actually had them for a year now!!!! Long story, short. I'll finally be getting my Camaro in a couple months and was wondering what the final verdict was on you getting your wheels to work with the whole TPMS sensor thing and hitting the brake lines? I'm sure I'll be going threw what you went threw. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

You car looks killer by the way!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #193
the rich dude

Quote:
I went through the same thing. Be sure to get a set of OEM sensors. Many after-market sensors won't work.

You will likely need to get some sort of clamp or zip tie to hold the ebrake line out of the way. It's not a big deal to do.
Thanks!! I'll have to ask D2 what sensors they installed?
Old 12-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #194
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
Thanks!! I'll have to ask D2 what sensors they installed?
So your tires are already on the wheels... If so take a look at the inner stem (the TPMS one). These rubber stems come pretty long like 2". I tried the short metal ones but the VS1 has the hole right next to a curve in the wheel so the metal washer wouldn't sit flat on the inside.

Ended up putting my sensors in with the bands on the inside of the wheel and must using a regular "short" rubber stem to fill the valve hole.
Plastic Zip ties were an unacceptable bandaide fix IMO.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=82347&page=4

This is a pic of the TPMS sensor w/ long stem that did not work.
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #195
Darth_Emma

I didn't go with zip tie either. IPS fabricated a bracket for me to hold my ebrake lines in place.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #196
the rich dude

Quote:
I didn't go with zip tie either. IPS fabricated a bracket for me to hold my ebrake lines in place.
Would it be possible to get a picture of the bracket they made?

I'm not totally sure I trust anyone hear locally to take my tires off the rims to change out the sensor. I'm sure they'll chip the chrome wich will lead me to killing them!!!! Then I'll never get to enjoy my camaro!!!!