Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #239
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
What does that matter? With no "spin" on peoples comments and "artificial assumptions" there are also "plenty of people" that have not changed there minds and the threads get bombarded with negative feelings towards the "refresh" as well anytime we see pics of it. The comments are quite more then just a handful if you would acknowlege that. I have yet to run into one individual care person or not that likes the 2014 over the exisisting. That speaks volumes and if all those passionate folks are really paying attention and caring what we all think they surely are scratching there heads trying to figure out what we are all talking about.

I am sure they all did not have the opinion or planned strategy of the "give it time" or "wait till you see it" approach to call it a success. I would think making your heart jump at first site would be more of what your shooting for.
It just gets old seeing that repeated over and over again, as if some magical genie is going to tap us on the shoulder and all of the sudden is the must have design we all hoped it would be. I can also design a tail lamp and do the reasearch and be able to tie into many diff brands and years if I find a smiliar line or curve, that is not hard to spin.

That strategy is just sad, along with the "let it work on you stuff", people can work with passion and I respect that but they can also fail after that hard work and have to go back to the drawing board. that is what we have here, just dont propaganda us to death please.

by the way, ive been on this site two years but you can take a look at the garage and realize I kinda have a right to a good chevy opinion, and theres no spin on that brother!
As I said, Sir, you are entitled to your opinion.

What would you have us do?

Shall we design to your standards? We can - but what happens when someone else yells 'FAIL!" as you did? (...and that WOULD happen....)

I suppose we could fire everyone at Design and have them disposed of through a wood chipper.........but that wouldn't be prudent, now would it?

See - the problem with all of this is legion....

....as I said - a LOT of people hated the 2010 when they saw first photos

...there are still people who hate the 5th gen....

........there are those ON THIS THREAD that disagree with you -- and there are those in other threads that disagree with you...and the numbers aren't as large as you make them out to be.

Time will tell.

I suspect that we'll continue to sell Camaros in volume....and that some of the ones who hate the look will love it in a couple of months...and I say this because I've been doing this for 36 years. And I've watched the same conversation (albeit a bit more polite back some years ago) as we have today. As I mentioned in a thread a page or two back - according to opinion in the spring of 1970, the Camaro would be discontinued within a year because of it's appearance. (..I remember people yelling "IT LOOKS LIKE A STUDEBAKER!!!!.." Well - that didn't happen and I'm sure that a few people were genuinely disappointed that we sold a couple million of them...................................... See what I mean?

I've seen the hate and the love. Human nature really doesn't change other than we seem to have lost the art of conversation to a point where people yell "FAIL!:" at the drop of a hat.

Yes - you have your opinion and we're glad that you chose to purchase a new Camaro.

We also hope and suspect that when you see these cars in person you'll have a different view - that may or may not happen........

The sad part? There ARE a few out there that REALLY REALLY hope that this '14 fails............................................a nd to that I have NO idea of how to respond........but I find that sad and perhaps a bit ....... well......I don't know that I have a word for it!

Last edited by fbodfather; 07-26-2013 at 12:16 AM.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #240
Arodr395

Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
What does that matter? With no "spin" on peoples comments and "artificial assumptions" there are also "plenty of people" that have not changed there minds and the threads get bombarded with negative feelings towards the "refresh" as well anytime we see pics of it. The comments are quite more then just a handful if you would acknowlege that. I have yet to run into one individual care person or not that likes the 2014 over the exisisting. That speaks volumes and if all those passionate folks are really paying attention and caring what we all think they surely are scratching there heads trying to figure out what we are all talking about.

I am sure they all did not have the opinion or planned strategy of the "give it time" or "wait till you see it" approach to call it a success. I would think making your heart jump at first site would be more of what your shooting for.
It just gets old seeing that repeated over and over again, as if some magical genie is going to tap us on the shoulder and all of the sudden is the must have design we all hoped it would be. I can also design a tail lamp and do the reasearch and be able to tie into many diff brands and years if I find a smiliar line or curve, that is not hard to spin.

That strategy is just sad, along with the "let it work on you stuff", people can work with passion and I respect that but they can also fail after that hard work and have to go back to the drawing board. that is what we have here, just dont propaganda us to death please.

by the way, ive been on this site two years but you can take a look at the garage and realize I kinda have a right to a good chevy opinion, and theres no spin on that brother!
I like the 2014 look over the 2013 so their you go.
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #241
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
thanx for the pics
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #242
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Ok everyone has now had a chance to voice their like/dislike of the '14s.

Now it needs to come to an end. The cars are arriving.

It's not like anything will change for the '14 model year at this point.

People are going to be buying them. These same people need to feel welcome on Camaro5.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #243
Arbgast

Drives: DRIVES 2014 2SS RS convertible
I think the 2014 is the best Camaro yet, that's why I ordered one. Just like you got a 2010-13. That you loved. End of story.
Arbgast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #244
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
ditto brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
As I said, Sir, you are entitled to your opinion.

What would you have us do?

Shall we design to your standards? We can - but what happens when someone else yells 'FAIL!" as you did? (...and that WOULD happen....)

I suppose we could fire everyone at Design and have them disposed of through a wood chipper.........but that wouldn't be prudent, now would it?

See - the problem with all of this is legion....

....as I said - a LOT of people hated the 2010 when they saw first photos

...there are still people who hate the 5th gen....

........there are those ON THIS THREAD that disagree with you -- and there are those in other threads that disagree with you...and the numbers aren't as large as you make them out to be.

Time will tell.

I suspect that we'll continue to sell Camaros in volume....and that some of the ones who hate the look will love it in a couple of months...and I say this because I've been doing this for 36 years. And I've watched the same conversation (albeit a bit more polite back some years ago) as we have today. As I mentioned in a thread a page or two back - according to opinion in the spring of 1970, the Camaro would be discontinued within a year because of it's appearance. (..I remember people yelling "IT LOOKS LIKE A STUDEBAKER!!!!.." Well - that didn't happen and I'm sure that a few people were genuinely disappointed that we sold a couple million of them...................................... See what I mean?

I've seen the hate and the love. Human nature really doesn't change other than we seem to have lost the art of conversation to a point where people yell "FAIL!:" at the drop of a hat.

Yes - you have your opinion and we're glad that you chose to purchase a new Camaro.

We also hope and suspect that when you see these cars in person you'll have a different view - that may or may not happen........

The sad part? There ARE a few out there that REALLY REALLY hope that this '14 fails............................................a nd to that I have NO idea of how to respond........but I find that sad and perhaps a bit ....... well......I don't know that I have a word for it!

And there are those that disagree with you as well on this very thread! Dont spin it, and choose what portions to respond to and what not. If you are going to take offense and actively argue points back make sure to acknowlege the obvious. I would think you would have to agree the propaganda and having to consistantly tell everyone, "see it in person" or let it grow on you" would not be a succesful strategy or first impression chevy was shooting for. I have not seen that gotta have it at first site impression yet. And yes you will sell alot and that is due producing so many affordable v6's for the "I have a camaro crowd".

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #245
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
The refresh taillights are more Camaro like than the Corvette inspired 2010-2013. I sure love my 2010's. I wonder if there's a lot of hate in the Mustang forums every time they refresh their current gen that they've had since 2004. I've never been to a mustang forum but they must be pulling their hair by now on waiting for the next generation. We are barely in year 4 of 5th gen and people are anxious about the 6th gen already.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #246
Dr. Evil

Drives: 2013 SS
Having recently come over in the last 2 or 3 years from the corvette community I'm dumbfounded that there is as much bitching and griping over mid cycle refresh as the corvette guys have over generation changes. I remember when the C5 came out and the blood in the streets between the C4/5 owners. Then the C6 vs C5. Now its all about the C7. There are guys with a C6 that hope the C7 fails cause they are so sure their C6 is superior in every aspect. The truth is in 2 or 3 years the C6 will be just like the C5 and C4 is now. If there had been car forums around when the 91 corvette came out with the same rear fascia/tail lights as the ZR1 the internet would have melted down and the moon would have exploded. This current nonsense about the tail lights is a non issue for me.
[edit: to be clear. in the above C4/5/6/7 is referring to corvette generations for some that may not know]

I bring this up because I see the same thing happening here over a mid cycle refresh. It'll get worse when the next generation Camaro comes out. You'll have a group of early/late 5th gen Camaro owners united against the 6th gen Camaro. You'll have this cycle repeat itself each time, its just the way it is. If the next gen Camaro isn't on par with the mustang it'll add noise to the melee.
One important thing I'll mention is that I am on several car related forums and have been intimately involved with cars for quite a while. Autox, drag race, track days etc. The 5th gen Camaro elicits strong reactions across the board both positive and negative. I've seen lifelong GM fans that hate it. I don't mean strong dislike, I mean kill it with fire hate. I've also seen the opposite where others love it and must have it. Its actually kinda strange. Generally speaking, outside of the typical fanboys that would hate anything other than their own respective brand it seems to be the older crowd that has such strong reactions against it and the guys that cut their teeth with an L98 or LT1 that love it. Just an observation or two.

Fbodfather, keep up the hard work, its paying dividends.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #247
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
The '14 changes look better in person. Pictures are not doing the new styling elements justice. 5th Gen styling is still a bit quirky but these changes overall enhance the look.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:18 AM   #248
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
Quote:
If you look at the 14 back - what we've tried to accomplish is a 'clean-up' - making the lines more horizontal - getting rid of the back-up light 'slits' - and making the car look wider and sleeker........and frankly I think that most of you (WHEN YOU SEE THE CAR IN PERSON....!!!) will see what I'm talking about.
i dont kno about that... the rear diffuser is huge. it takes up a big portion of the rear of the car. if thats what you mean by sleeker then i guess it is... Also, i dont get why the rear diffuser cuts the license plate area in half it just doesnt keep the flow when you do that. why the chrome strips under the tails too thats more 'mess'. the chrome strip on the front of the car for the RS needs to go too. thats the kinda thing they should ask you before they slap it on your car.
i have to say that the none RS look pretty cool in the front portion of the car since the headlights flow better then the RS version. the halos no longer make sense with that shape in the front. so i would say keep where your going with the front but the rear end of the car needs some love.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:22 AM   #249
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Gotta admit can't wait to see them in person they look good in pictures.

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:42 AM   #250
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
The internet saved the Camaro along with billions of taxpayers $ to support an American icon. Forums such as this give owners and future owners the ability to discuss every detail of the Camaro along with the access to a global scale of aftermarket parts. The fact that there is are dealers with 2014's on their lots while GM has not even released the ability to build one via their website is simply bad business and makes me wonder if they are hiding something. The vast majority of the system is already setup. A few changes in colors, options, price increases, a few display images and its done. A couple of interns could do it, put it right next to the 2013 followed by the 2012.

The 2014s look nice, especially the front. I'm sure the vast majority of Camaro fans would love to drive a 2014. The most noticeable difference naturally becomes the big topic of dicussion. As long as Camaro fans keep voicing their opinions on the internet, GM management should take the appropriate measures to please us.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #251
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
I'm glad you want to see the Camaro name succeed.

I still remember August 27, 2002 at shortly after 9am when I got the call from Ste. Therese Assembly - with the short message:

"........well......it is done. It's over.................."

The last Camaro and Firebird came off the line -- and shortly thereafter the Assembly plant was demolished.

............all those magnificent cars that roared to life..........all those proud men and women who loved their jobs and worked hard to bring you the best Camaros and Firebirds in 35 years..............all gone.

I still get tears in my eyes when I think back to that day. True - I was in a funeral home parking lot burying my favorite uncle who was a mentor to me...but it went far beyond that.......it was like losing a child.

........we'd put "hiatus" in the press release - but there was NO guarantee that the legendary Camaro name would come back.......several of us fought long and hard to get it back........

.....so what I'm saying is that this team bleeds over these wonderful automobiles. We really do, figuratively --

You can be assured that NO decision is made lightly.....not even the most simple decision.

I DO hope you can attend Camaro5Fest for several reasons:

>meet the team
>meet the Moderators

.......and.........

Most importantly - meet the "Camaro Disciples" - 15 men and women from around the U.S and Canada......

......we (Camaro) are the only brand in the world that involves a group of enthusiasts as we develop new Camaro products.

The ONLY one...................and they represent YOU!
Well I wish I was in on the feedback group. I wish I was a decent automobile sketch artist so I could do a respectable job of drawing the images I have in my mind of what I would like to see in the next gen Camaro. I would love to be able to sit down with the Camaro design people and have them translate what I have in my head into an image on paper. I have the greatest respect for the talent and skill it takes to be able to convert a pile of steel, aluminum, rubber, plastic and glass into something as inspiring as an automobile. I wish I could draw better but my pencil sketches just look crude and amateurish to me.

No disrespect to you Scott or anyone else on the team but please make the next gen Camaro look muscular; powerful, strong, eager to run. Please don't turn it into an automotive version of a Japanese anime robot. I don't want Camaros to look like they were designed by Mazda or Toyota. Those are great companies that make great cars but so is GM and the Camaro is such a great American design I just don't want to see its styling become a me-too trendy look.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:45 AM   #252
Quinny

Drives: 2014 HSV R8SV
Scotty let them have a cry......... the rest of us love the refresh!!!! the 1le's look amazing!
Quinny is offline   Reply With Quote