Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #15
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Say 3 Hail Marys and treat your Camaro to 1 new mod.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #16
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
2007? Noooo. I would be close to understanding for a '11-'13 GT California Special.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #17
superbears14

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 Vert
There are already enough Mustangs on the road as it is...lets keep that one in the lot! Good choice.
superbears14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #18
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
After some research, I take it back. 2007 Mustang Shelby GT has only 319 HP??
That's all it has? I wouldn't trade my mostly stock SS for that either.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #19
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
ya i thought when he said Shelby gt , he was talking about a gt500 lol .

until Google answer a few questions.
Me too.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #20
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_warrior View Post
That's all it has? I wouldn't trade my mostly stock SS for that either.
Another reason I am glad I did not trade. Granted it is faster and accelerates quicker than my V6, 7 more HP stock for stock is not worth it. Hell with the mods I have I know I am making more than 319.
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #21
Stealy Phil

Drives: 2010 Camaro Dealer Show car
Glad to hear that you came to your senses! Keep enjoying your Camaro.
Stealy Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #22
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper182 View Post
Another reason I am glad I did not trade. Granted it is faster and accelerates quicker than my V6, 7 more HP stock for stock is not worth it. Hell with the mods I have I know I am making more than 319.
lol no wonder they were trying to hurry so you would sign the papers before you came to your senses.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #23
RoadieWingZ

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
Yes, a certain amount of remorse is to be expected when one has lusted after a harlot, my son. Say 5 Hail Mary's, one for each generation of Camaro, then go to your faithful beauty and beg forgiveness for your sins and swear your commitment and fidelity to her....

2013 Camaro LS
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #24
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper182 View Post
Yes my fellow camaro friends, I need to be taken out back and receive 20 lashes for my sins. Today I was coming home and saw on the local lot a 2007 Mustang Shelby GT. I decided to go look at it and I took it for a test drive. It had a lot of power and I loved the Hurst short throw shiftier in in. The dealer is a auto nut and he let me really get on it and it felt wonderful. We got back to the dealership and we started the process. I was able to knock them down 5 grand from there asking price and they were going to give me a great trade in price on my camaro and let me remove all the aftermarket parts and put her back to stock. I wont post the final price but it was insane. The shelby was clean, I mean CLEAN! One owner, a older gentleman who traded it in for a truck. It only had 22000 miles on it and all records with it. I got the price I wanted and everything was going great. My sales person had to go talk to the loan person about something. So I was sitting in the booth alone and this is no joke. As I was sitting there I looked out at my camaro sitting there all clean and sexy looking. I started to think of all that I have done to her and all the great times we have had. I felt like I was about to betray her. I could not trade her in. Sales person walked back in with all the documents to sign and I told him I had a moment of clarity and just can't bring myself to do it. Shredded the paperwork and I walked out, got in my camaro and left. As I was leaving I punched her and broke the tires loose and got that grin on my face again. I knew I made the right decision. I had a moment of weakness. Maybe this was a test lol.

FORGIVE me my Camaro brethren for I have sinned and I have come to confess my sin
Perform 3 burnouts, 2 revs, and a 20+mi highway cruise to repent.
The Camaro Gods forgive you, for they are benevolent.

I think it's good to test drive cars you wonder about....it can help to put things in perspective sometimes. And sometimes, though I find rarely, you realize you bought the wrong one....I'm glad to hear this wasn't one of those times.

Short-story time: Later last fall, I found a used Corvette Grand Sport at a dealer....I had been seriously considering that car, new, just before I pounced on the pre-order for the ZL1, but I never went in for a test drive.

So I decided to go in and drive it...enjoyed the hell out of it...got in the Z to go home, and almost immediately upon turning the key and hearing that sound, I decided beyond a shadow of a doubt that I made the right choice to begin with. So I think I can relate a bit...minus the heinous sinning.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #25
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
You ar forgiven my son.

*kiss the hand
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
If you planned to hold onto it, the Shelby GT would likely have been worth a lot more than you Camaro will be a few years down the road. Personally, if the price had been right, I would have made that deal. If this forum still exists 5 years from now, let us know how you feel then about the deal you didn't make.
Camaros are best in class for retained value right now...so the only reason the GT might be worth more in the future would be the higher initial price...but he'd have had to pay into that on the front end and loose a portion in further depreciation, so what would he be gaining? IMO, cars aren't investments and shouldn't be thought of that way.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #27
PLuche

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT manual
Did you really shred the paperwork?? Or did you just tell the salesman you didnt want to do it anymore?

Eitherway im sure the salesman was pissed

He must of thought he already had you in the bag.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #28
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Forgive me sacrilege, but I don't see the problem with going after a Shelby GT500.

If it was an actually ***** pony, then you'd deserve all your lashings.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote