Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #15
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
supply and demand baby...

look at what happened with the nintendo wii came out a few years ago....

but i think the biggest fear is gm surviving...thats why our guys here are so ancy...if we knew gm's future was solid i think we'd all be ok waiting a few months
Old 05-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #16
hiway61revisted

Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitten View Post
And this is a biggie...When I hear of folks threatening dealerships with bomb threats, considering property damage over something as petty as a mark up that crosses the line.

Lastly, the next person that calls Scott Settlemire out and blames him for wrong doing, demands his help "or else", or otherwise treats him with blatent disrespect I am out of here...That doesn't mean anything to ya'll but to be honest I have known Scott for several years now.
Thats quite an accusation, I read this forum all the time and have never run across threats like you describe, nor anyone blaming any one person
hiway61revisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #17
John Farnen

Drives: 1969 RSSS Convertable
I agree with you, all of your points are valid. No one should cut down Scott S, he's given us very good info and truly believes in the Camaro. Asking that he answer our conserns is alright, he can answer or not, that's up to him. I do think someone from GM should answer some of the most asked questions. It should really cut down the rumor mill and trash talk. Being in the dark over our area 51 cars is nuts. I will wait til it gets here, no matter how long. I love GM vehicles, I own 11 and waiting for #12. If a dealer wants to markup or not honor an agreement, I'll not buy from him and will let everyone know it. If I'm cheated, they and everyone I can tell will know it. My dealer has never sold above msrp, even on the ZR1, and says they never will. There are many of us in the same boat on several issues and sometimes knowing that it's not just you makes us feel better. If you see a line that appears not to intrest you, just scroll past, if I read every thread, I'd probably have written one like yours a long time ago.
John Farnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #18
davidj

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitten View Post

If you ordered a car and the contract clearly states MSRP don't waste your time griping on a forum. Contact a professional like an attorney and sue them for breach of contract. Liable of their name all over the internet is only going to make a case against you. You have a valid breach of contract law suit which will more than likely end up with a single phone call from an attorney followed by the dealer calling you to come pick up your car.

If you don't have any paper work and just the salesman's word....walk away, because you are a fool.
I have to disagree with you on this item. I think a forum is exactly the place to vent. Not only do you get it off your chest but you also warn un expecting customers of a dealer that apparently is saying one thing (on the MSRP list) and doing another. This Forum is here for people to talk about their Camaro experience, good or bad.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #19
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum

And to Scott, and

Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #20
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
I think you're about two weeks late. It's been a while since the last panic.
He had to calm down before he posted Something we could all learn from
Old 05-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #21
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
I total agree with what has been said. I am one that ordered in Nov and am on QC hold but will wait for it awhile longer. Now I know my dealer will sell me my car at the agreed upon writing of MSRP and if that MSRP ends up being the updated price... well I'll pay it because I want this car. I sure hope those words above sink into a few folks on here because they have in me. Happy Memoral Day all!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #22
CaMario

Drives: Mazda 3
Long live the Camarocracy!
CaMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #23
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
There, I fixed it for ya
LOL
Old 05-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #24
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
I agree with you 100%,all of the arguments you make are quite valid, however many of us ordered last year(or even well before that), Yes we are "antsy" and impatient, some of us grew up in the era of instant gratification... I for one am willing to wait, but its still been a long time.....
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #25
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quit Cryin. Leave Scott alone or I'm leaving.
Attached Images

themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #26
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
I agree with the OP, but from the antics Ive seen on the forum recently, I think your comments will go largely ignored.

Frankly, I'm tired of waiting for things to "settle down."

Signed-
"The older grouchy guy."

"You kids get off my lawn!!!"
Old 05-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #27
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
That made too much sense, the masses will ignore it.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #28
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzon View Post
too much forme to read....can someone cliffnote this for me ?
LOL That's what I was thinking.

Although from what I did read you are right, for the rest of your post not sure... did not get that far.

BUT! I think the majority of the people here have no problem with a small "mark up". Some do, even a dollar over, but most would probably agree with a little. (at least from what I have read)
ok to my point...
The problem comes when dealers are asking an insane amount over MSRP, to me that is 5-15 thousand over. 1-3 is reasonable to most, I probably wouldn't do it personally (with as litle mark up there is on the car) but I don't disagree with it. The other problem is when someone is quoted a price, or promised or told even this is what you will pay and then when they go to pick up the car they are hit with a huge mark up... that is wrong regardless of economics or capitalism or whatever you want to hide it behind.