Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #15
BigRigMike

Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary B View Post
Exactly BigRig....it was a stupid idea to incorporate this feature on ANY car, but they had to throw a bone to the EPA guys, so in the long run, it worked for them, but was a small inconvienence to us, being that most RARELY shifted at such a low rpm.
The choice was skip shift or gas guzzler tax. I will take skip shift.
BigRigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #16
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
Skip shift forced you to go from 1st to 4rth when you stomp on the gas, in light throttle conditions you would use all your gears. That's how it worked on mine before I disabled it.
That's WRONG. Under light throttle conditions the CAGS makes you shift from 1 to 4, under heavy throttle the transmission works like ANY OTHER manual.

The vette has had CAGS for about 15 years. IT DOES NOT IMPACT PERFORMANCE.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #17
spd98

Drives: had a goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
First I'd like to say I was pleased with the numbers coming out from these reviews because I know there only one way to go and that's better. I had some time to absorb all the info on performance numbers, and I had a revolution. Not sure this has been mentioned before but all these testers had Skip shift enabled or quite possibly automatics. For anybody that owned a fourth Gen Camaro, Firebird for that matter Vettes, Vipers etc we know what skip shift is. I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say the performance numbers would be allot better if that feature was disabled. like almost all of us have on our old cars with an 20 dollar adapter or do it yourself jobs from radio-shack. You would be able to go through the full range of RPMS on 2nd and 3rd gear rather than just straight to 4rth gear. Heck even the dyno numbers would improve, anybody else had some thought on this and when we could expect an actual review with this feature disabled.
There is no way CAGS will change any performance numbers. The system isn't active anywhere over about 20%TPS.

BTW these cars make enough tq to push 6th from a roll. CAG's only works at low speeds with low TPS values.

And in case you still don't believe anyone here who actually knows what they are talking about read this.
http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/article.aspx...9&cNode=6P2Q8A

Last edited by spd98; 03-23-2009 at 01:12 PM.
spd98 is offline   Reply With Quote