Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #29
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM w/white hockey & hoods
Yep, every time I see one on the way home from work, I'm reminded just how cool they really are. I'm so happy and blessed to have this awesome car!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #30
camaroluver
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '05 Impala, '10 IOM Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to camaroluver
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebighar View Post
I do like seeing another camaro on the road but can someone tell me why the people driving them are not too friendly, the last few guys i have run next to or even parked near were total jerks.
I get this sometimes too! The other night me and a friend were getting out of her car at the mall and a black LT pulled in to a spot caddy corner to us and I couldn't help but stare, I love these cars LOL! I told my friend man that makes me really miss my car right now she just laughed at me...she drives a Caddilac STS so she doesn't understand LOL! Anyway as we were walking I just kept looking back at it, the whole time the driver never got out of the car until we were far away from him all most like he was afraid we would hurt his car. I would have said hey nice looking car you got there but once he got out he didn't look friendly at all never smiled or anything....that has me puzzled....everytime I am in my car I have the going strong. Guess this car doesn't do it for everyone, what a shame.
Anyway to this day I still break my neck to look at one when I see it in passing it has even rubbed off onto my kids. My 9 yr old will see one and say "LOOK Momma LOOK there is a new camaro! I think ours looks better and is faster."
2010 Camaro 2SS IOM/Black Interior/Black Hood & Hockey Stripes #26,805
Ordered 1/30/09 as a surprise for me by the best husband ever! Delivered 8/6/09 to me!!!

camaroluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #31
CamaroKen

Drives: 2010 SIM SS
Not a lot driving around in my area, but I am constantly looking for them because it is awesome to see them driving down the road, and the only way I can see mine going down the road is to drive on a road that has buildings with lots of windows at car level. I went to a Walgreens the other day and just before I pulled into the parking lot, a IBM had parked there, so I pull up next to him, he ignores me, doing something inside the car, so I pull ahead and back into a stall in front of him, so when he looks up, he can see my car, which he does but doesn't seem to care. So I get out of mine, walk up to his, walk around it, basically checking his out since this is the first Blue one I have seen up close, and I am just kind of waiting on him to get out so I can talk with him, but he never seems to be bothered one bit by me walking around his car, then he puts it in gear and leaves. I was thinking, what a jerk, so I go to walk into the store, and right there in one of the first parking stalls by the front of the store is a new black one with 30day tags, must have just pulled in behind me since it was not there when I pulled in the lot. I love the looks of them on the road and wave, thumbs up, flash lights whatever, and only had a few that waved back.
CamaroKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #32
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
I've only had a few "run ins" with 5th Gens (had a 4th gen Z28 come flying up out of nowhere just to pull up beside me and give a thumbs up the day after delivery) but while driving to a nice little scenic, riverside town called Grafton, IL my first weekend with the car I passed a VR 5th gen and got a wave on Saturday and then again the same guy in the same area on Sunday and got a wave. Those are the only two interactions though (aside from my story on the previous page).

Funny story though, I ran to the bank after work to deposit my paycheck and as I pulled up to the intersection where I would turn right into the bank I saw a black 5th Gen at the stoplight going the opposite direction. I was very tempted to switch lanes and drive past the bank just so I could wave at the guy/girl (they wouldn't have seen me otherwise because of the cars stopped at the light to the left of me) but the bank was closing in 10 minutes :(. Funny the things I'll do to acknowledge a fellow 5th gen owner.
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #33
bumblebee20106852

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Transformers Edition
So yes, even though I get to see this beautiful work of art every day whenever I feel like it, I still stop and stare when I see one driving by. And let's hope I never drive by an all glass building and catch my own reflection.....[/QUOTE]

We never get to see any other Camaros driving here and my wife knows where every glass building is in town just so she can see the car moving
bumblebee20106852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #34
Tee304

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow 2SS
Been there, and lovin' it!!! I've seen a few where I live and on the rare occasions I've pulled up to one, I just stare in awe knowing that that is what it looks like on the outside and that others look at me that way!! What an awesome car to have and drive!! It's quite the head turner at the lights. But, I do get that feeling too when we're side by side.
Tee304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #35
Tee304

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow 2SS
On my way to work, there is a glass stretch of windows that I can pass by. I purposely will drive past work to see myself in these windows, then turn around and go to work. It is pretty cool to see yourself in these windows, driving a fine piece of machinery.
Tee304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #36
AquaBlueNic
Nicole (& Dave!)

Drives: 2010 AquaBlueMetallic 6Speed Manual
What they said...^
I love seeing other 5th gens, some days I see 2 or 3, some days none.
Almost always get a honk or a wave or flash of headlights! So fun!
Today, drove past a jr. high school during recess,
and several kids came running up to the fence giving me the thumbs up!
It was awesome.
And I wave to 'Vettes, Challengers & Mustangs!
It's their problem if they don't like it.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #37
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Sometimes when I go to sleep I am afraid I will wake up and owning my Camaro will have just been a dream. I am 53 and I really do think these are the best looking cars ever made.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #38
Synergy5

Drives: LT1 Synergy
I'm in the north suburbs of chicago and I've only seen one on the road. I've been looking for them too.
Synergy5 is offline   Reply With Quote