Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #29
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
:tweetz: :party0038:

Dragon' - Bra-muther-F'ing'-vo! ...And thanks. I think gtahvit and I are on a mission

gtahvit - X1

chemical - "The Z28 is very important to those who want power, 550hp is reasonable considering what the Corvette can do. If an SS can destroy competition already with its current specs, then I think a 550hp is reasonable.

I'm willing to wait longer for a Z28, not a big deal to me. I never expected a Z28 to come out the first year anyways.

Why I want a Z28? Z28 = High power + High quality = Happy customer.

hopefully the price isn't 50,000 - 70,000, that would be shocking."

EEKK!!! No argument here. That would suck you know what, and I probably couldn't afford it, but I would be happy it were back and we had something even better than an SS, which would be hard to fathom based on what we've learned.

If GM needs a little encouragement, that's all I want to give them

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmliptak View Post
Thanks for bringing this up Radz282003....

I was thinking along the same lines....I have owned 3 z28s in my time, whether I buy one or not I want it to exist again.

How about this? Let's imagine that Fbodfather wants a collection of statements from us on why GM should go forward with the Z28. Imagine what you were writing was going to be put in front of Rick Wagoner and the GM board as part of the effort to get approval for production.

What would you say? Please remember who your audience is in this case. They are car people, but also business people who face a very challenging environment. They don't want to be threatened or called names, they want sound reasons to make the choice. How do you positively express your passion, many of you us have already done it here, do it a way that will help them make the right decision. What are the right combination of business drivers and appeals to their passion for cars that will make them go the way that WE want them to go? Halo affect? Conquest sales from other companies? Take a shot!!!!!

We know that some of them are listening and reading here, impress them with your passion and how it can be a win/win!
This is exaclty my intent for this thread. Thank you for making it clearer

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #31
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
We should probably keep that frame of reference for most things we post here.

More good stuff.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #32
rgrizzard

Drives: Wanting New Camaro

I just can't take that there is going to be a faster rustang out there.

LONG LIVE THE Z28!!!!!!!!
rgrizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #33
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Well I really cannot see what the big deal is, it's just a name. as long as there is a high performance version it shouldn't matter what it is called. Right now Chevy is using the SS designation for all the highest performance versions of their cars except the Corvette. And they want the Corvette to stand apart from anything else. I understand how you feel about the Z-28 but there are many that feel the same about the SS... sooo if you can't have them both they are going with the current theme. And for those who said that the SS was watered down because of overuse, I guess you forgot about the Z-24 Cavalier, the Z-34 Lumina and the Z-26 Beretta. not the best of the Z crowd.....
you're right about the Z crowd. but that's been dead longer then the SS croud. I'll have to disagree with you on this though. the Camaro has always been a halo car. a car to draw people in to chevy dealerships. it's not as much of a halo as a vetter but it's still a halo that's more affordable. that being said the only other halo chevy has right now is the vette and they've used the Z naming for it. so why not?

like I've said already I hope at the least a Z28 has at least the same horsepower as the SS but more track tuned suspension, lighter components, and I can select the bare minimum options, leather and keyless entry. that's it.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #34
big_dog
Future Z28 Owner.

Drives: Future Camaro Owner
I would lokve to have a Z28...and I'm only 15

also a hardtop droptop
big_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #35
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
you're right about the Z crowd. but that's been dead longer then the SS croud. I'll have to disagree with you on this though. the Camaro has always been a halo car. a car to draw people in to chevy dealerships. it's not as much of a halo as a vetter but it's still a halo that's more affordable. that being said the only other halo chevy has right now is the vette and they've used the Z naming for it. so why not?

like I've said already I hope at the least a Z28 has at least the same horsepower as the SS but more track tuned suspension, lighter components, and I can select the bare minimum options, leather and keyless entry. that's it.
You've described almost exactly how I feel about a Z/28, I'm fine with LS3 422HP, but give me a little lower weight and the track tuned suspension. I don't really want or need a 550HP drag car, I want a good all around handling vehicle with a respectable amount of horsepower, manual tranny, big disk brakes, it would be nice if it sat a little lower (like the first gen. Z/28 did), and oh yes, I don't need wheels almost two feet tall. I'd love to see them bring back the Z/28 built in the spirit of the first gen. Z/28 with the newer goodies that are available. And one last thing, can I get that in Rallye Green with black rally stripes, pleeeease??
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #36
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
You've described almost exactly how I feel about a Z/28, I'm fine with LS3 422HP, but give me a little lower weight and the track tuned suspension. I don't really want or need a 550HP drag car, I want a good all around handling vehicle with a respectable amount of horsepower, manual tranny, big disk brakes, it would be nice if it sat a little lower (like the first gen. Z/28 did), and oh yes, I don't need wheels almost two feet tall. I'd love to see them bring back the Z/28 built in the spirit of the first gen. Z/28 with the newer goodies that are available. And one last thing, can I get that in Rallye Green with black rally stripes, pleeeease??Clyde
If it were up to me:

BEER AND GREEN Z28's FOR ALL MY FRIENDS!!!!!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #37
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I'd like to see the Z28. 550hp LSA, superfat tires and lightweight wheels, kidney buster suspension, put it on a diet with some carbon fiber and aluminum parts, ohyeah. Might even flare the fenderwells 2 inches for the superfats.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #38
SSMOKN
Coupe

Drives: Camaro,955I
I just wanted to know if its was coming. It was very upsetting to hear the "misquote" And that's how all this started. I never expected for the Z28 to be revealed on Monday ...but hoped it would. I am not a "troll" as some people referred. I am just as passionate about the car as everyone else. I have had Camaro's before some of the members here were born, and yes some of mine were referred to as "Z's" And I see nothing wrong with letting GM know that there is a demand for a top dog...and I'm sure they'd sell a few.
SSMOKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #39
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
The Z28 is very important to those who want power, 550hp is reasonable considering what the Corvette can do. If an SS can destroy competition already with its current specs, then I think a 550hp is reasonable.

I'm willing to wait longer for a Z28, not a big deal to me. I never expected a Z28 to come out the first year anyways.

Why I want a Z28? Z28 = High power + High quality = Happy customer.

hopefully the price isn't 50,000 - 70,000, that would be shocking.

I'm not sure I understand how you expect to get a 550hp Z28 for less than 50-70k.
  • Corvette ZR1 - 638 hp - $102,450 MSRP (if a dealer would actually let you pay that)
  • Corvette Z06 - 505 hp - $72,125 MSRP
  • CTS-V - 556 hp - $55-60k MSRP (estimate)
  • Mustang GT500KR - 540 hp - $79,995 MSRP
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #40
radz28
Petro-sexual

Ford's website quotes the base price of a GT500 at $43K. No one is talking about a $75K KR (at least I'm not.) There's no way I'd pay that much for a Mustang. If Ford can put out a product around an UNDERRATED 500 horse', why can't we expect or like to be able to eventually buy something close?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #41
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
It's not a mustang. It's a Shelby. I'm sure even if GM doesn't make a Z28, someone else will make a gt500 killer. Don't worry. Otherwise, I'm with you guys.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #42
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
It's not a mustang. It's a Shelby. I'm sure even if GM doesn't make a Z28, someone else will make a gt500 killer. Don't worry. Otherwise, I'm with you guys.
I really like the aftermarket. When a company loves a car as much as we do, they make stuff for it. We've seen a lot of love in the past, and some of those companies will come back to make sure the Camaro gets the respect it deserves.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote