Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #29
MikeZ28

Drives: '04 GTO, '00 Z28, '95 Z28
I really don't understand why this is such a common problem, not just on the Camaro, but lots of modern new cars. I've seen these kinds of complaints for the C6, for BMWs, etc. How freaking hard is it to design & build a completely sealed light that won't get moisture in it? OR, if it's supposed to be vented, to have the vent actually work as intended so the moisture evaporates? Bad design/engineeering.
MikeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:12 AM   #30
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
NOT COOL!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:26 AM   #31
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
My Sky also gets this in the rear, this is what was posted on the forum about the issue:

Subject: Saturn SKY Tail Lamp Moisture
Message #: #############

Subject: Saturn Sky Tail Lamp Moisture

The majority of Sky tail lamps returned to the Warranty Part Center with water, or condensation, in the tail lamp complaints have, after extensive testing, resulted in no trouble found.

Subject: Info - Exterior Lamp Condensation and Replacement Guidelines (10/30/2006)

Models: 1993-2007 GM Passenger Cars and Trucks (including Saturn)

The following information is being provided to better define the causes of condensation in exterior lamps and includes guidelines for determining the difference between a lamp with a normal atmospheric condition (condensation) and a lamp with a water leak.

Some exterior lamps, such as cornering, turn signal, backup, headlamps or tail lamps may exhibit very small droplets of water, a fine mist or white fog (condensation) on the inside of the lamp lens. This may be more noticeable on lamps with "multi-lens" designs and may be normal during certain weather conditions.

Condensation occurs when the air inside the lamp assembly, through atmospheric changes, reaches the "dew point". When this takes place, the moisture in the air within the lamp assembly condenses, creating a fine mist or white fog on the inside surface of the lamp lens.

Most exterior lamps on General Motors vehicles use a vented design and feature a replaceable bulb assembly. They are designed to remove any accumulated moisture vapor by expelling it through a vent system. The vent system operates at all times, however, it is most effective when the lamps are ON or when the vehicle is in motion. Depending on the size, shape and location of the lamp on the vehicle, and the atmospheric conditions occurring, the amount of time required to clear the lamp may vary from 2 to 6 hours.

Completely sealed headlamp assemblies (sealed beams) are still used on a limited number of models being manufactured today. These lamps require the replacement of the complete lamp assembly if a bulb filament burns out.

Condensation
A Fine Mist or White Fog on the Inside Surface of the Lamp Lens Occurring After a Period of High Humidity
May be located primarily in the lens corners (near the vents) and SHOULD NOT cover more than half the lens surface.
The condition should clear of moisture when the vehicle is parked in a dry environment, or when the vehicle is driven with the lights ON.
A comparison of the equivalent lamp on the opposing side of the vehicle indicates a SIMILAR performance.
If the above conditions are noted, the customer should be advised that replacement of a lamp assembly may not correct this condition.

Water Leak
Numerous & Various Size Drops of Water Collecting on the Inside Surface of the Lamp Lens After the Vehicle Has Been Exposed to Rain or a Car Washing Environment
A condition that covers more than half the surface of the lamp lens.
An accumulation of water in the bottom of the lamp assembly.
A condition that WON'T clear when the vehicle is parked in a dry environment, or when the vehicle is driven with the lights ON.
A comparison of the equivalent lamp on the opposing side of the vehicle indicates a different performance.
Any of the above conditions would indicate the need to service the lens or lamp assembly.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #32
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Uh, trying to fix it.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #33
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Thanks Micro - might not be want we wanted to hear, but at least we know what GMs response might be.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #34
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
pics? you all want to see pics?

here it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrc250 View Post
Rick Hendrick's $350,000 VIN #1 had moisture in the right rear reverse lens as well.

The pic above is Vin 1
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #35
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
Thats an unacceptable answer. The connector will eventually corrode and fail. Get it replaced.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #36
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Xmicro SS. Good read. When there is a difference in temperature you get dew and condensation. Thats life. Plus todays cars like to use LEDs which do not heat up so the condensation stays in the lights longer. I have that problem with my aura (LED taillights)
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #37
Jasontd101

Drives: Camaro 2010 SS2 Orange
Does anyone know the bulb they use in the reserver lights I want to change mine out and need to be sure there is a LED bulb available before I go through the hassle of removing the bumper :(
Jasontd101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #38
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I get moisture in the reverses and the running lights in front.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #39
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasontd101 View Post
Does anyone know the bulb they use in the reserver lights I want to change mine out and need to be sure there is a LED bulb available before I go through the hassle of removing the bumper :(
Somewhere I read it was the T10 but I got the 194. I think it will fit in the same socket. Ordered mine yesterday.

How the hell does the rear bumper come off!?!?