Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #29
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Independently the cars may look fine, but side by side (atleast by me and maybe more people) they will look too similar. I think this is one thing that a lot of people got fed up with GM. Why would I want to buy a car that is significantly further up the elegance scale and price scale but looks so similar to a lower scale car.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #30
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Maybe a side profile in pictures, put those two side by side and i bet you change your tune; one is significantly bigger then the other... Cobalt next to an Impala...
Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #31
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

Still don't see it.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #32
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I can see both sides on here. They do have lots of similarities but are also very different cars.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #33
FenwickHockey65

The only similarities I see are the window line, character line, and side marker. That's it.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #34
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Thank God for the Camaro If either one of those where mine in a walmart parking lot on a Sunday afternoon I'd have a hard time finding it out of the masses Looks so genetic to me that I'd cruise on by without even a glance. IMHO
Susantroy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #35
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
Independently the cars may look fine, but side by side (atleast by me and maybe more people) they will look too similar. I think this is one thing that a lot of people got fed up with GM. Why would I want to buy a car that is significantly further up the elegance scale and price scale but looks so similar to a lower scale car.
Is that a joke? BMW makes a whole line of cars and NONE of them stand on their own. From 30k to 100k, it is immediately obvious it is a BMW when you see it, and most people cant tell which ones are significantly further up the scale. From one model to the other, BMW has the LEAST distinctive designs of any car manufacturer. For a given year they all look the same. Some people like that, I'm sure, but it is odd to see a BMW fan criticize GM for that.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #36
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
Is that a joke? BMW makes a whole line of cars and NONE of them stand on their own. From 30k to 100k, it is immediately obvious it is a BMW when you see it, and most people cant tell which ones are significantly further up the scale. From one model to the other, BMW has the LEAST distinctive designs of any car manufacturer. For a given year they all look the same. Some people like that, I'm sure, but it is odd to see a BMW fan criticize GM for that.
I'll definitely agree on that! I can never tell a model of Beamer unless i get up close enough to read the badges. With the exception of the 1 series, 3 series coupe, and the rest. The new M3 looks awesome.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #37
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I can respect a sincere dislike....I don't like a lot of things. I'd hate for everyone to agree with me all the time...
...but I smell a lot of excuses being pulled out of thin air in here...

Fen, when will this car get into the show circuits?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #38
FenwickHockey65

According to a dealer who attended the dealer meeting in Detroit, it's a 2011 model slated for launch in summer of 2010.

Three engines, 2 4-cylinders and a V6. Supposedly hits 33 MPG, 600+ miles on one tank.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #39
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
I've seen the Chinese one in person and have also seen the Cruze in person and pictures really do neither justice...

That said not everyone is going to love the styling...especially if you are looking to stand out in Wal-Mart's parking lot, but most people want a nice, practical car that is has nice finishes and these cars are that and more...Most of us on here are way different than your average consumer looking for a car.

I see some similarites in the pictures, but I think once you see these cars in person you will be surprised...Size is a huge difference that is hard to compare in the pictures.
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #40
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
Well that's your opinion. I can tell any BMW model from a mile away.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #41
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
I've seen the Chinese one in person and have also seen the Cruze in person and pictures really do neither justice...

That said not everyone is going to love the styling...especially if you are looking to stand out in Wal-Mart's parking lot, but most people want a nice, practical car that is has nice finishes and these cars are that and more...Most of us on here are way different than your average consumer looking for a car.

I see some similarites in the pictures, but I think once you see these cars in person you will be surprised...Size is a huge difference that is hard to compare in the pictures.
Maybe an in-person viewing will be different, but I still see what I see.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #42
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
Maybe an in-person viewing will be different, but I still see what I see.
Considering the radical size difference? An in-person viewing will most certainly be different. Heck -- if you're as good as you say with spotting bmws...you shouldn't have a problem telling these two apart.