#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-06-2016, 06:51 PM   #43
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
The GT350 has an exotic engine making 520hp. the 1SS 1LE better come in for significantly less than that.
The 1LE will probably be 10k cheaper than the GT350 but offer similar track performance.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:15 PM   #44
agl_bst

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by toytruckman View Post
I'm not sure anymore, with the Grand-Sport price they could well bring this car in, in the 45ish +/- range. And right at 50 optioned out. Remember u can take a base 1SS and build it up to 45, I get it with the package thing but it seems like they are giving us A Lot in this package. Believe me I'm with the cheaper is way better crowd. And don't forget a GT-350 is 47ish base and track pack goes to 55.
for 2017, the gt350 is no longer available at that price, it only comes with the previous years track pack as standard so the price went up to reflect that. it starts at about $56k
agl_bst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:19 PM   #45
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
I'm thinking it will start at around $43,500 without PDR. I wouldn't think it would be much more than that.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:08 AM   #46
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Plan b was a 5th gen Z/28.... picking it up later this week.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:30 AM   #47
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
That's a hell of a plan b.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #48
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
Plan b was a 5th gen Z/28.... picking it up later this week.
I toyed with that idea myself. If they had been marked down just a hair more. I would have pulled the trigger. Still the ones I had seen for 52-55k range with A/C were a hell of a deal. If I could have gotten into one for 47.5 or less I would have done it. Unfortunately I would have been daily driving it so an alternate set of all season tires would have been in order, but then again, I'll likely need to do the same with my 1LE.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:27 AM   #49
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The 1LE package has always been a bargain, and not for everyone...

That said, there were rumors flying around that the last-gen package was priced lower than some people in the company would have liked. And now, this new SS version carries a TON more equipment than the last generation. Including the Recaro seats which, alone, are $2000 worth of options...

If it came less than $5500, I'd be shocked, and amazed. With the expensive additional equipment (compared to last gen) like the eDiff and big 6-pot brakes...My personal guess is a $6500 package. That's still a helluva bargain...and while I realize everyone has a budget, but I'd be disappointed if anyone passed on this for a $1k or $2k...
Old 06-07-2016, 09:41 AM   #50
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

That said, there were rumors flying around that the last-gen package was priced lower than some people in the company would have liked. And now, this new SS version carries a TON more equipment than the last generation. Including the Recaro seats which, alone, are $2000 worth of options...

If it came less than $5500, I'd be shocked, and amazed. With the expensive additional equipment (compared to last gen) like the eDiff and big 6-pot brakes...My personal guess is a $6500 package. That's still a helluva bargain...and while I realize everyone has a budget, but I'd be disappointed if anyone passed on this for a $1k or $2k...
I think you are spot on, here. I am expecting $46K with the PDR/NAV. Anything less will be a bonus in my mind.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:52 AM   #51
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:

I want the 1LE to cost slightly less than a 2SS with MRC would cost. Probably not going to happen.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:55 AM   #52
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
I want the 1LE to cost slightly less than a 2SS with MRC would cost. Probably not going to happen.
We all want things.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #53
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
I think you are spot on, here. I am expecting $46K with the PDR/NAV. Anything less will be a bonus in my mind.
I am thinking the same. I just upgraded from my Gen5 1LE. I was gonna try and hold out for the new 1LE but then I needed a car by the end of summer and I knew it would be the beginning of the model new model year and discounts would be hard to come by especially on the just released 1LE. So, at 45-46k I am thinking they will hold tight and maybe only give you a 1000-1500 off and by the time you add tax, tag and title dealer fees, etc. you are touching 50k depending on your state tax rate and they probably won't have incentives for the first few months on 17s.

I was able to buy a loaded 2016 2SS, Mosaic Black, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV for 41k as a result of heavier discounting and and incentives. I am happy but I do like the more aggressive look of the 1LE even though I didn't track it. The 1LE tires and be a pain in the neck depending on the climate you live in. Too cold and they can crack, nice and warm and they grip like super glue but tend to fling rocks and crap all over the car. Also, be prepared for maybe 10 - 12k miles out of them depending on how you drive.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:18 AM   #54

Drives: I have a bike.
Quote:
We all want things.
I want a 2SS 1LE. I don't care about the price.
233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:36 AM   #55
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
I am thinking the same. I was able to buy a loaded 2016 2SS, Mosaic Black, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV for 41k as a result of heavier discounting and and incentives. I am happy but I do like the more aggressive look of the 1LE even though I didn't track it. The 1LE tires and be a pain in the neck depending on the climate you live in. Too cold and they can crack, nice and warm and they grip like super glue but tend to fling rocks and crap all over the car. Also, be prepared for maybe 10 - 12k miles out of them depending on how you drive.
Thanks for the info on what to expect when owning a 1LE. I may never see the track either, but it's nice to have the option if I decide to go that way.

I'll be storing the car in Winter here in good ole Ohio, so the tires will cost me a little drive time when it goes below 40 degrees. The 10-12k miles will get me three years of driving, so I can live with that.

The rock issue is good to know, and I plan on having some added protection applied behind the wheel wells soon after I take delivery.

The overall package is just too good for me to pass up.

Now Chevy...how about a little information? Throw us a bone already.

Sorry. It's therapeutic to whine a little.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:53 AM   #56
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:

You guys that justify anything that GM feels like charging us really need to stop listing ala cart options at retail price to do so. Picking options off the SS list at full retail then adding them up to justify a 45,000 1ss1le is ridiculous. GM does NOT pay that amount for those options.
Now, they will charge us whatever they want based on how high they can get the price before they can't sell it in the volume they plan to. That's really all there is to it. It's capitalism. They absolutely could sell a 1LE at $42K and make some money but they may want to sell it a $47k and make lots MORE money. The parts they stick on it are almost irrelevant. They pick that stuff up on huge contracts for a song compared to what we pay retail.