Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 03-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #617
ChargedCamaro

Drives: Twin Turbo LSX Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Man I hope you get it aligned and tires. Ever since I rode with Farthestnorth, I'm just taken aback my superchargers. I want one so bad, but trying to decide on that or a motorcycle. Maybe even that turbo deal for $6000 would be nice.
That $6000 turbo deal is crazy!

Im very very tempted on doing it, it would be nice to turn up the boost and not have to spend $1000's in belt slip issues just to go up 3-4 psi, but then again I LOVE the whine of the SC
ChargedCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #618
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargedCamaro View Post
That $6000 turbo deal is crazy!

Im very very tempted on doing it, it would be nice to turn up the boost and not have to spend $1000's in belt slip issues just to go up 3-4 psi, but then again I LOVE the whine of the SC
Well, if you did go that route, I'd be interested in your SC. But, I have an auto. Wish I woulda found one close to here used with a SC on it.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #619
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Oh snap...I'm not working Friday. I might come down early and hang out til the races open. I'd have to leave Oside around 2:00 though. Friday traffic heading south gets bad about 3:00.
Hey GunnyG - I'll be picking up my car from Sinful Enhancements Friday afternoon so maybe I'll swing by the races early if you are there. I live in Mission Valley so its just down the street from me.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #620
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali4nia58 View Post
Hey GunnyG - I'll be picking up my car from Sinful Enhancements Friday afternoon so maybe I'll swing by the races early if you are there. I live in Mission Valley so its just down the street from me.
Lars, cool man. What did you have done? I know the list is long. That grille looks way better than the other one. Not that it wasn't nice...just heritage is killer!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #621
ChargedCamaro

Quote:
Well, if you did go that route, I'd be interested in your SC. But, I have an auto. Wish I woulda found one close to here used with a SC on it.

Im going to see what kind of numbers they put down with there base 8 psi, if they are hitting 625-650rwhp like some are projecting, I think im going to do (As long as the wife doesnt find out)

Quote:
Wish I woulda found one close to here used with a SC on it.
You can find them, just have to get them shipped!! Texas is close right
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #622
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Lars, cool man. What did you have done? I know the list is long. That grille looks way better than the other one. Not that it wasn't nice...just heritage is killer!
Thanks Aaron! I am in love with my ride again! (Not that I ever fell outta love with her) Last week I had the Body Scoops painted and installed, the lower body accents painted on, the Havoc Spoiler painted and installed, the ADM Scoop installed, Plasma DRLs and harness, and the Heritage Grille installed (much better than chrome). Saturday I installed the Technostalgia tail lights. Today I set-up the show mode. I have to drive to Red Bull in LA for work tomorrow so Wednesday I am dropping her off again to have the hood spears painted on, and the antenna painted. That should do it for a bit. Next will be the Lower Street Scene Grille with Scoops. Also getting a quote on having my rims powder coated black.

Whiles I was at Sinful Enhancements I saw a black SS with IOM stripes that Sin is going to work on while the guy is away for 6 months. He's really good to the servicemen and women.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #623
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Im going to see what kind of numbers they put down with there base 8 psi, if they are hitting 625-650rwhp like some are projecting, I think im going to do (As long as the wife doesnt find out)

Yeah, I subscribed to the thread. Getting close to install pics and video time. Arizona's closer! Shoulda looked harder. Once I drove this puppy, I was ready to sign. Is yours a DD? Right now mine is. Sold my VW a few months ago. Killed myself there too.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #624
ChargedCamaro

Quote:
Yeah, I subscribed to the thread. Getting close to install pics and video time. Arizona's closer! Shoulda looked harder. Once I drove this puppy, I was ready to sign. Is yours a DD? Right now mine is. Sold my VW a few months ago. Killed myself there too.

No, I drive it maybe once a week if that. My DD is a 03 Chevy 2500hd which gets 10 mpg if im lucky.

I might be done with work early on Friday if I am and if I have the camaro done I would down to meet up with you guys!

I wondering if Travis found a good alignment shop?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #625
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Hmmm, hadn't heard. Did see he has to work, so won't be at the races.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #626
ChargedCamaro

Quote:
Hmmm, hadn't heard. Did see he has to work, so won't be at the races.
That sucks...

keep me posted if you guys are going to meet up before the races
Old 03-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #627
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
That sucks...

keep me posted if you guys are going to meet up before the races
OK
Old 03-20-2012, 02:19 AM   #628
alexpdbz

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM M6 2SS
Quote:

Your wife might ask what that hissing sound is and why she doesn't hear the whine anymore.

Texas is close [enough]. I'm driving down for the weekend to see my wife and fam on Thursday. So won't be able to make it to the drags this weekend.

On a side note, I just bought a motorcycle. Nothing fancy, but should help out with the crazy price of gas these days.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #629
robscamaro
TAZ

Drives: 2SSRS Black Gray stripes
I will probably make it out see you guys there.

Robert
robscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #630
ChargedCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpdbz View Post
Your wife might ask what that hissing sound is and why she doesn't hear the whine anymore.

Texas is close [enough]. I'm driving down for the weekend to see my wife and fam on Thursday. So won't be able to make it to the drags this weekend.

On a side note, I just bought a motorcycle. Nothing fancy, but should help out with the crazy price of gas these days.
Nice!! What did you end up getting?