Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-14-2009, 07:37 AM   #57
K-A

Drives: M-B E350 AMG Sport / '09 Malibu
I looked at both cars back to back the other week. I initially was all about the Camaro....

Keep in mind these are the V6 models I'm comparing. Based off of the pictures I thought the Camaro is the better looking car NO CONTEST, in person, the Genesis' sleeker, smoother, and I guess you can say more "classy" look earned some points, the Camaro has a much more boastful and imposing look to it, I guess it would depend on my mood in terms of which I'd like to look at.... I'll give the Camaro the edge for now though. We'll see if it stands the test of time as well as the more understated (which is a trait that usually does last the test of time well) Genesis. I can see one of two negatives happening: The Genesis becomes boring to look at after seeing enough, or the Camaro gets tiring and dated fast due to its relatively over-stated and dramatic look.

I didn't drive either so can't comment on that (I did drive the Sedan though and was thoroughly impressed by its serenity).

Interior wise the Genesis kills the 'Maro, just feels like an "adult" car compared to the Camaro's more "kids car" like charm or drawback (depends on the person who's judging it).

The V6 Camaro I looked at was like $28K, and the Genesis was $25K, the 'Maro was extremely base and left me kind of cold, the Genesis seemed more confidence inspiring to look at and sit in. With those prices I'd have to say the Genesis has the edge IMO. Now give me about 6 months and I'll tell you if I still hold that opinion.
'13 F10 BMW 535i ///M Sport : Jet Black/Black-Anthracite : Premium & Technology Packages/Sport Auto Trans/Camera/Park Distance Control/Heated Seats/Tinted Windows/Blacked Out Markers/Performance Spoiler.

K-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #58
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
First: I think it was the Car & Driver article that said the mustang and challenger basically didn't rsvp. I think that tells you where those cars are.

I think it was a fair comparison. with all the "stuff" the Genesis was $1000 more. The Genesis actually performs pretty well acceleration wise, and in the C&D test the Genesis out-braked the Camaro. The 2 cars were compared to each other on the same day and same surface, so its not like I am taking the numbers that fit my needs.

I was a little disappointed when I saw the camaro didn't win (performance wise). I think the Hyundai is the Camaro of the ricer crowd. Hyundai is getting better and better with ever car they make. I never thought I would say that.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #59
BlackRaptor

Drives: 08 GMC Sierra, 07 G6 GT
I know the Fast and the Furious movies are lame but every time I think of a Hyundai I think of that line from Tokyo Drift when Han says * This is yours *evo* Your representing me now. what did you think I was going to let you roll in a Hyundai. Ha-Ha i think of that line every time I see a tibby.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #60
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Drove the genesis V6 base car yesterday (if you remember...I said I would when I drove the 2.0)

If the Camaro is as similar in performance as people say, it's gonna sell like hotcakes!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #61
blinkme323

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Drove the genesis V6 base car yesterday (if you remember...I said I would when I drove the 2.0)

If the Camaro is as similar in performance as people say, it's gonna sell like hotcakes!
The Camaro is between .1 and .6 seconds slower depending on the test. Still not bad though considering the weight of the Camaro.
blinkme323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #62
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
i dont dislike the genny, it just seems like the run of the mill import. sure its a smig cheaper than the rx8 and quite a bit cheaper than 370, evo, and sti...but i dnt think that is enough, its still bottom half of the import category.

i also learned a cool fact about the commercial for the genny. in the commercial, the car looks GREAT, its drifts with such ease and agility, he apears to have no trouble slinging the back end around and smoking the tires......

road atlanta, was wet that day.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #63
ConceptVBS

Drives: POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
Uh... and you know this...how? From a video on the internet? Show me some facts then I'll believe you.

Just look at the '10 Mustang flogging around the track in Japan during its drift demonstrations. It weights quite a bit less than the 'maro. The same can be said of the Gen coupe. Both cars have good power output with less weight AND they are RWD. Of course its going to be easy during drifts in the race tracks.
ConceptVBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #64
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Rhys MIllen was driving the Car at Road Atlanta
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/29/v...-have-arrived/
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #65
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
i dont dislike the genny, it just seems like the run of the mill import. sure its a smig cheaper than the rx8 and quite a bit cheaper than 370, evo, and sti...but i dnt think that is enough, its still bottom half of the import category.

i also learned a cool fact about the commercial for the genny. in the commercial, the car looks GREAT, its drifts with such ease and agility, he apears to have no trouble slinging the back end around and smoking the tires......

I fail to see how that matter any.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #66
levi1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
I fail to see how that matter any.
i fail to see where i said it mattered to you. it was just a random fact that i found interesting. so i shared it.

and yes, it was a behind the scenes video that showed the driver, and he commented on how it handled on the wet track. ill send a link to it later, the schools computers have way to many blocks
Old 05-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #67
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
i fail to see where i said it mattered to you. it was just a random fact that i found interesting. so i shared it.

and yes, it was a behind the scenes video that showed the driver, and he commented on how it handled on the wet track. ill send a link to it later, the schools computers have way to many blocks
Cows have spots.

I don't know if that matters to you, but just a random fact I found interesting.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #68
RobH

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
The V6 Camaro I looked at was like $28K, and the Genesis was $25K, the 'Maro was extremely base and left me kind of cold, the Genesis seemed more confidence inspiring to look at and sit in. With those prices I'd have to say the Genesis has the edge IMO. Now give me about 6 months and I'll tell you if I still hold that opinion.
At the 25k price point, you were probably looking at the 2.0T version instead of the 3.8 Track. The 3.8 Track goes for about $31k.
RobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #69
blinkme323

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
At the 25k price point, you were probably looking at the 2.0T version instead of the 3.8 Track. The 3.8 Track goes for about $31k.
It could have easily been a 3.8, they actually start at 25k.
blinkme323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #70
levi1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
Cows have spots.

I don't know if that matters to you, but just a random fact I found interesting.
really? all cows have spots? no.

correction SOME cows have spots.

and, what does this have to do with the 3.8 Genesis with the track pack, or the camaro V6? nothing, thanks, you have failed to stay on topic.