Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #57
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
I still can't really understand the reason for this post. So you have posted here 150 times about the Camaro. There are things you don't like about the car. OK go buy another car. Why continually post commentary about aspects of the car that will not change? GM made a compromise on visibility for the sake of styling. This is not new news. You could see this on the concept and every iteration of the car that was ever published. The LS3/L99 discussion is nonsensical. You say you wish GM would just give everyone an LS3 for the SS however the G8 you say you are considering has the same technology as the L99. Your assumption that the L99 is more complex or less reliable then the LS3 is just an assumption and again not consistant with the fact that the G8 shares that technology that by the way is proven and works great. It appears you are just looking for something to do with your time rather than sincerely looking for information or analysis. There are no secrets about the Camaro, you either like it the way it is and will buy it or you don't. Complaining about the fact that GM did not build the car to you exact preferences is nonsensical and a waste of time.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #58
GoldBowtie

Drives: 2021 Yukon Denali, 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post
No, I just want a sporty car that is comfortable to drive and has the options I want.
Then buy something else -- and bitch about it!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #59
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I still can't really understand the reason for this post. So you have posted here 150 times about the Camaro. There are things you don't like about the car. OK go buy another car. Why continually post commentary about aspects of the car that will not change? GM made a compromise on visibility for the sake of styling. This is not new news. You could see this on the concept and every iteration of the car that was ever published. The LS3/L99 discussion is nonsensical. You say you wish GM would just give everyone an LS3 for the SS however the G8 you say you are considering has the same technology as the L99. Your assumption that the L99 is more complex or less reliable then the LS3 is just an assumption and again not consistant with the fact that the G8 shares that technology that by the way is proven and works great. It appears you are just looking for something to do with your time rather than sincerely looking for information or analysis. There are no secrets about the Camaro, you either like it the way it is and will buy it or you don't. Complaining about the fact that GM did not build the car to you exact preferences is nonsensical and a waste of time.
he's probably looking for help from us to try to remind him about the positive aspects about the camaro

a lot of us can be indecisive on our choices its a natural feeling...but granted if he buys his g8 and he says a camaro in person he's going to feel buyers remorse

and he will also feel buyers remorse when he can't see through the back...but he should buy the autobahn mirrors
Old 05-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #60
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
I don't mind the frameless windows at all. All my firebirds had frameless windows and in 10 years + I had only 1 single small leak from one which was a quick and easy fix.

I am not sure about the Window Indexing feature though. I know what is for of course but I can see this breaking or not working right quickly. The software of my Nissan went buggy one day and the window acted up. It would "close" all the way to the top, but then drop itself half way down again. The dealer charged me $250.00 to repair it but I found out afterwards the computer only needed to be re-flashed which took them 5 minutes. CROOKS!
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #61
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Please dont tell me he's one of those perfectionists who knit pick everything about something. Those people are never happy. This is like complaining about having a hot wife then saying u hate that other guys stare at her all the time. Put up with the good/bad or move on its as simple as that.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #62
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
The V6 automatic should have limited slip. What were they thinking? It's so much better in the winter.
You don't need that with stabilitrak. It's got a form of ASR. If your slipping with that then it should be parked and you should be in a winter car with 4x4 and spikes.

And the dana 36 style rear end. Any complaint about that is just silly.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #63
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post
All V8's should be LS3's. If you don't want/know how to drive the stick then you are stuck with the AFM which is generally accepted as not being the preferred engine.
This is the only thing that kind of puzzles me in your opinion. The rest is respectable but what should this matter to you?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #64
Teleplayer

Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Why is it someone always has to get personal on these forums? First of all Pruett, you don't need to understand the reason for my post and if I have nothing else to do with my time, that is my right. And I can post as many times as I want, I'm discussing the same things that everyone else is on this forum. If you don't like it then move to a different thread. The forum exists to discuss the vehicle, so I guess the forum in itself must be nonsensical.

If you already own and drive the car, then obviously you made the decision that it was the right choice. There is nothing wrong with that, I'm glad you have one and you like it.

And I have obtained good information and analysis from many who have posted on the thread - thank you.

You assume everyone on the forum has followed all of the concepts cars, etc. But you discount the fact that many who have seen the car for the first time are on the forum to learn what they can. Not everyone is ready to shell out 30k+ for something they can't even drive yet. So yes, there are secrets about a car that I have not driven. The final success of the car will rest upon those who have not purchased it yet.

1992 SSEI Supercharged 177k miles. 2010 GT coming soon.
Teleplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #65
Teleplayer

Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
You don't need that with stabilitrak. It's got a form of ASR. If your slipping with that then it should be parked and you should be in a winter car with 4x4 and spikes.

And the dana 36 style rear end. Any complaint about that is just silly.
I hope it works better than the traction control I have now, because that is useless.

I don't remember complaining about a dana 36 rear end. I didn't even know it had a dana 36.

1992 SSEI Supercharged 177k miles. 2010 GT coming soon.
Teleplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #66
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
If you are talking about the old school traction control then you are in for a world of amazement.

Our 09 Malibu (uses the same system pretty much) is amazing. With TC on, I REALLY tried to get the car sideways and to spin around in a parking lot going around 25-30 and it would NOT go around. I turned it off and it spun pretty easily. TC now is totally different than what GM used to put on cars. Its far more advanced.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #67
rays
V6 - It just isn't normal

Drives: 2010 2LT M6, F250 7.3L Diesel
I hate to recommend another car on this forum but from what you said, what you have now and where you live, I would say this is what you want.

Take a look:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/ford.../standard.html

Dont hold this against me anybody

2LT RS M6 RJT Black leather
4/29/2009 Ordered
6/24 6000 Delivered
rays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #68
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
to each thier own
Old 05-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #69
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Just to clear up the issue with the frameless glass.

The reason the glass indexes is to that the glass will tuck into the roof when the door is closed. However, in order to open the door, the glass must drop OUT OF the roof. With the door closed, it is just like a framed door. The Corvette ZR1 will do 200 + and the glass stays parked under the edge of the roof and WILL NOT pull of the seal. This was a problem in all Gen 4 Camaros, and even the C5 Corvette had this same concern. But any door with a removeable roof, i.e T-tops, Targa or Convertible, must have a headerless door.

The C6 Corvette/Cadillace XLR fixed this problem. Indexing glass is also on the Pontiac G6 coupe and convertible. It works very well and none of you should be worried about wind noise due to the glass pulling away from the seal at speed. It a problem that is now, thankfully, well in the past.

Hope that helps put that to bed.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #70
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Just to clear up the issue with the frameless glass.

The reason the glass indexes is to that the glass will tuck into the roof when the door is closed. However, in order to open the door, the glass must drop OUT OF the roof. With the door closed, it is just like a framed door. The Corvette ZR1 will do 200 + and the glass stays parked under the edge of the roof and WILL NOT pull of the seal. This was a problem in all Gen 4 Camaros, and even the C5 Corvette had this same concern. But any door with a removeable roof, i.e T-tops, Targa or Convertible, must have a headerless door.

The C6 Corvette/Cadillace XLR fixed this problem. Indexing glass is also on the Pontiac G6 coupe and convertible. It works very well and none of you should be worried about wind noise due to the glass pulling away from the seal at speed. It a problem that is now, thankfully, well in the past.

Hope that helps put that to bed.
Thank you Number3. That helps clear things up for everybody