Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #7197
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayon_2489 View Post
ILL TAKE ONE OFF YOUR HANDS IF ANY IS LEFT..
Sure thing, will you be at FBody?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #7198
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
Hightower what is the bulb socket for these things anyway? I'll never pay $100 for this. I'll buy new bulbs 10 times first.

I have a number of LED venders I like to use though so I'll check their sites.
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #7199
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

You're looking for P13W bulbs. As soon as you search it, plenty of results will come up with plenty of camaro bulbs. That's pretty much all they're recognized for now, haha
Old 05-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #7200
DarkFox1

This isn't a site I normally go to. (surprisingly, my normal sites have never heard of it..)

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDeta...D-Fog-Light-4J

68 LEDs $49.99
Old 05-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #7201
DarkFox1

So I'm looking at mods and trying to decide what I want.

One guy on the forums here said his L99 after LTs, CAI, was only putting down 330whp.

Then I have to assume that my car is only putting down 310. Which explains why it's so slow.

My 4th gen put down 293 and weighed a LOT less than this car.

That aside, It makes me think there's no hope of "fixing" this car (I want 450whp if I go n/a.. 550-600 if I boost.) without going inside the L99.

So I'm on the fence, there's a number of options.

It's possible I can get to 400whp with heads/cam. The parts run about $4000. Installation would probably be $1000 or so.. so $5000-5500 (tune) for DOD delete, TSP VVT cam, and port/polished heads.

Another $1200 or so for headers, and $400 or so for intake, should put the car ~400whp, so a total of appx. $7000 for headers, heads, cam, dod delete, cai, installed and tuned, @ 400whp.

Then there's boost.. and there's 2 options for that.

One would be the whipple 2.9L, which costs about $7300, plus installation, tune.. so $1600 installed, or $9100 total, I have no idea how much power it'd make.

Or there's Chris's turbo kit, single front mount intercooled turbo. The folks on here with this kit are all LS3s, but they're pulling upper 600s/low 700s WHP with the setup. The difference is these folks are going for the turbo, injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, headers etc. So it's not a stock/turbo only comparison.

Kit runs about $9k installed, no guarantee it'd top 550whp.

So I'm not sure where to set my savings goal, or which direction to go.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #7202
Dexcam1
ACE5.org

Drives: "Flightrisk"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
visiting parents this weekend so I can't go either. I'm on a diet but I think I'm gonna have some good ol carolina BBQ while I'm there. Ya know up this way they don't know how to make BBQ like they do in south carolina.

That mustard based sauce is hard to beat!

Wanted to go last weekend but the dudes with the LQ4 didn't show up till midnight Friday.
I just got back from SC last night. We went to My cousins Graduation from University of South Carolina, then went to Folley Beach in Charleston.
I saw that mustard based suace at her BBQ but didn't try. I just figured it was regular old honey mustard.
Dexcam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #7203
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Man Maurice's BBQ in SC is where its at!!!! First time I had mustard based sauce was about 6-7 years ago....its definitely worth trying you just might like it! You can actually buy his sauce in most grocery stores. I know we have it here in our Ingles....
Old 05-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #7204
DarkFox1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSS View Post
Man Maurice's BBQ in SC is where its at!!!! First time I had mustard based sauce was about 6-7 years ago....its definitely worth trying you just might like it! You can actually buy his sauce in most grocery stores. I know we have it here in our Ingles....
ABSOLUTELY!

I have 3 favorites.

Bessingers in charleston SC, Maurices in.. all over the place in SC. (btw maurice's last name is bessinger, they were brothers.)

and bobby's BBQ in clearwater SC.

Can't beat it with a stick!

I love having hushpuppies with my BBQ too.

Maybe if I can work things out, I can bring a bit to the Fbody meet for yall to try?

It's not honey mustard or anything like that, its sweet and unique.

you can buy maurices BBQ sauce here at the ingles. If you have an ingles nearby, get some and check it out! It goes GREAT on bbq grilled chicken.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #7205
Dexcam1
ACE5.org

Drives: "Flightrisk"
I Would've loved to try the sauce but I literally had to eat and run. I had to get back in town with enough time to get my kids bathed, fed and in bed for school today.

I am sure the sauce is great and wouldn't mind if you bring some to F Body if you come.

See, that's what these gatherings are all about for us. We find common interests and ideas to talk about.
Dexcam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #7206
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexcam1 View Post
I Would've loved to try the sauce but I literally had to eat and run. I had to get back in town with enough time to get my kids bathed, fed and in bed for school today.

I am sure the sauce is great and wouldn't mind if you bring some to F Body if you come.

See, that's what these gatherings are all about for us. We find common interests and ideas to talk about.

ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #7207
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
So I'm looking at mods and trying to decide what I want.

One guy on the forums here said his L99 after LTs, CAI, was only putting down 330whp.

Then I have to assume that my car is only putting down 310. Which explains why it's so slow.

My 4th gen put down 293 and weighed a LOT less than this car.

That aside, It makes me think there's no hope of "fixing" this car (I want 450whp if I go n/a.. 550-600 if I boost.) without going inside the L99.

So I'm on the fence, there's a number of options.

It's possible I can get to 400whp with heads/cam. The parts run about $4000. Installation would probably be $1000 or so.. so $5000-5500 (tune) for DOD delete, TSP VVT cam, and port/polished heads.

Another $1200 or so for headers, and $400 or so for intake, should put the car ~400whp, so a total of appx. $7000 for headers, heads, cam, dod delete, cai, installed and tuned, @ 400whp.

Then there's boost.. and there's 2 options for that.

One would be the whipple 2.9L, which costs about $7300, plus installation, tune.. so $1600 installed, or $9100 total, I have no idea how much power it'd make.

Or there's Chris's turbo kit, single front mount intercooled turbo. The folks on here with this kit are all LS3s, but they're pulling upper 600s/low 700s WHP with the setup. The difference is these folks are going for the turbo, injectors, fuel pump, exhaust, headers etc. So it's not a stock/turbo only comparison.

Kit runs about $9k installed, no guarantee it'd top 550whp.

So I'm not sure where to set my savings goal, or which direction to go.

i would check out the front mount turbo from chris might give you a deal since hes not done an auto kit yet. need to check and see if the kit includes the cam swap but he also has not done a kit without a cam either so might be even cheaper
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #7208
DarkFox1

BBQ is universal.

I'll see what I can do.

My parents live in Augusta so I'm a border kid.. I grew up spending a lot of time in SC and GA.

Now I live out here on the other border.

(sorry AL guys.. SC is more fun. They have beaches and BBQ.. yall have.. uh.. ???)

I've never been to any kind of meet, I want to go but I'll need to know exactly what to do, where to go, who to speak to, where to park before hand.

Yall help me out with that and it should go over just fine for me.

I can get some bbq this weekend and freeze it, but it'd be better if it were fresher.

But next weekend I'm going to B-ham. Just bought a set of TSP headers.

Won't have em on for a little while tho. Goin the n/a bolt on route first I think before I drop some big dough on Chris's kit, even tho I really want to.

How much should I bring? A pound? 2 pounds? Hushpuppies? No idea how many of yall there are, or will be.. or how it would be prepared.. never been to such a thing.. been a spectator for years at the SCS tho, before they got rid of it up there in commerce.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #7209
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Got the car towed to a dealer in commerce, didn't buy from them, and the idiots ain't even bothered to look at it! Just because I didn't buy from them doesn't mean they should put me on the back burner!

I've also had a run in with them once before when my clutch was messed up! First thing they asked was "did you buy it here" I said nope Athens Chevy! They drove it around the lot and said nothing was wrong with it! Took it to Athens they drove it and lo and behold there was something wrong! I hate Commerce! But the car was only a mile from them!!!!!!!!! That's why I opted to take it there! The sons of BIT$h's!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #7210
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Bring some BBQ to Fbody and you'll be an instant sensation! haha

I personally stick to just regular BBQ sauces, i don't bother getting too exciting.

As for power adders, it sounds like turbo is the way to go. I can't believe the power you guys are robbed of with an auto. I'm at 382rwhp/390rwtq right now, stock. With a CAI sitting at home, headers to be ordered, exhaust to be paid for, etc. Point is, I'm hoping to be over 400 with about $2k more in mods.

I think the turbo kit is your best choice. You've worked with Chris before so I feel like he'll be willing to cut you a deal, especially since you'll be the first L99.

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep