Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-13-2017, 08:42 AM   #757
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_MaherAMG View Post
No sir, calling an ignorant individual ignorant isn't an insult if it is true. Is it an insult to say a murderer is a bad person? Nope.

I don't insult or disrespect people as a rule. Ignorant humans I have no qualms about calling them as they are.

Or would you prefer that there be no use of adjectives in our vocabulary? Using them without cause would be an insult, I am simply describing his attitude/behaviour

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #758
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
No sir, calling an ignorant individual ignorant isn't an insult if it is true. Is it an insult to say a murderer is a bad person? Nope.

I don't insult or disrespect people as a rule. Ignorant humans I have no qualms about calling them as they are.

Or would you prefer that there be no use of adjectives in our vocabulary? Using them without cause would be an insult, I am simply describing his attitude/behaviour
Let's keep it civil, please. I really would rather not have to mop up a thread, this morning.

Insulting people for being ignorant and then refusing to admit it was an insult is, in fact, ignorant.....Please dial it down, and that goes for everyone here, thanks.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:49 AM   #759
J_MaherAMG

Drives: GT350R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Let's keep it civil, please. I really would rather not have to mop up a thread, this morning.

Insulting people for being ignorant and then refusing to admit it was an insult is, in fact, ignorant.....Please dial it down, and that goes for everyone here, thanks.

No problem sir, but to be clear and it will be the last I'll comment on the matter, context is everything. A word is only an insult when used out of context; i.e saying water is wet is a statement.

J_MaherAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #760
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I thought for sure when I saw the last post was by Mr Wyndham that this thread would have been locked up lol.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:00 AM   #761

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I thought for sure when I saw the last post was by Mr Wyndham that this thread would have been locked up lol.
Well, it is a "VS" thread...lol....Odds are it will have issues. Better here than sprinkled throughout and de-railing other innocent threads...lol...Mods are just putting the opponents back in their corner before another round starts...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:03 AM   #762
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Well, it is a "VS" thread...lol....Odds are it will have issues. Better here than sprinkled throughout and de-railing other innocent threads...lol...Mods are just putting the opponents back in their corner before another round starts...lol
Or better yet, moved to the "VS" section.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:10 AM   #763
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
LOL. This thread has been entertaining.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #764
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
Or better yet, moved to the "VS" section.
I'll be honest, I didn't even realize this wasn't!!

Moved!
Old 06-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #765
unavailablezl1

Here is the real ranking that I think we all know is true...if it is on the internet, then it is true correct? lol.

This is old news I know, but, driving mine yesterday does make me feel good. Don't care what anyone says about "feelings" or stats.

http://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/camaro-zl1

Past Rides
Old 06-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #766
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Whether someone likes or dislikes the Voodoo, the facts stand that it is A) the only American FPC that has ever been made, B) the largest FPC V8 ever made and C) the very last naturally aspirated FPC V8 ever made.
If you want to get technical...

As to point A. No, its not. Incidentally, Lingenfelter made a flat plane engine in 2010-2011.

B. That is also untrue. Lingenfelter's was 358 CID or 5.8 L

C. I don't think you can claim this either, unless of course you're psychic but even then I don't think it's true.

While I will give you the FPC is unique in an American Production Car, I think a lot of people are falling for the hype. So, unless Ford figured out how to beat the likes of Ferrari, Porsche, and others who have been making FPCs for decades in the span of a couple (three?) years of engineering and development, I'd say it's a bit too soon to call it a winner. The extra crankshaft mass, to offset vibration, could be an Achilles heal at higher RPM.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/flat-...ed-stephen-kim

Time will tell with how long the engine holds up under normal everyday use. Until then this car could go either way in the history books.

I am glad you are enjoying your car though, that's what we all really want.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #767
unavailablezl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
If you want to get technical...

As to point A. No, its not. Incidentally, Lingenfelter made a flat plane engine in 2010-2011.

B. That is also untrue. Lingenfelter's was 358 CID or 5.8 L

C. I don't think you can claim this either, unless of course you're psychic but even then I don't think it's true.

While I will give you the FPC is unique in an American Production Car, I think a lot of people are falling for the hype. So, unless Ford figured out how to beat the likes of Ferrari, Porsche, and others who have been making FPCs for decades in the span of a couple (three?) years of engineering and development, I'd say it's a bit too soon to call it a winner. The extra crankshaft mass, to offset vibration, could be an Achilles heal at higher RPM.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/flat-...ed-stephen-kim

Time will tell with how long the engine holds up under normal everyday use. Until then this car could go either way in the history books.

I am glad you are enjoying your car though, that's what we all really want.
It is not an FPC, but anyone can take the base Mustang and turn it into a pseudo GT350 for a lot less....rip out the back seat, 8000+ rpm screamer, with a lot more horsepower.

http://performance.ford.com/enthusia...te-engine.html

Past Rides
Old 06-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #768
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
It is not an FPC, but anyone can take the base Mustang and turn it into a pseudo GT350 for a lot less....rip out the back seat, 8000+ rpm screamer, with a lot more horsepower.

http://performance.ford.com/enthusia...te-engine.html
Interesting stuff. I will admit, Ford did their homework with their ported heads and intake manifold, very nice.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:44 AM   #769
unavailablezl1

Quote:
I think you need to look up the definition of context. Calling someone ignorant, who is posting/acting ignorantly and rudely, is NOT an insult, it is a statement. Do you understand what an adjective is and what context means?

I didn't out of the blue say he was ignorant because I didn't like him or for any other BS reason, I described him as ignorant based on his bashful ignorant posts and way of talking to others.

I'm quite civil, some apparently just need to work on their understanding of diction.
But the posts you speak of were not on this site. It was on the Rustang6g site. He was not rude, he was not ignorant to you on this site. So you saying he was ignorant as a greeting ("Hello Ignorant individual ") was rude and ignorant and out of context on this site.

If you would have posted it on the stang site, it would make sense, and I am sure you did.

Past Rides
Old 06-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #770
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Cool man, but yet I am the child. lol you are a disgraceful "adult". Didn't your Momma ever tell you to keep your mouth shut if you didn't have something nice to say?

Rhetorical question, I know the answer lol
She taught me smart money mechanics. Didn't your mama ever teach you not to spend $5,000 more than you have to? Don't answer that, we all know she didn't.

Quote:

And you're sitting here calling me ignorant because what? Because I called you out on paying ADM which you did? Because I praised the ZL1 for beating the GT350R in every performance category which it did? What exactly did I say that makes me "ignorant"? What did I say that got you soo heated that you not only went over to YOUR site to talk trash about me, but then came over here, started a profile, and then proceeded to insult me here? LOL!! What does it matter what I think about your GT350R? You proudly talk about how you paid $5,000 above MSRP and you'd do it all over again and you could have bought a Viper and a Z06 for that money...yet what I say matters soo much that you started a profile to bang heads with me? Yet you guys over there keep talking about how much you all love your GT350Rs and how everyone is soo in love with them and how they are soo awesome that people gladly overpay for them and how ZL1s don't sell unless there are discounts and how the ZL1 is nothing special and will depreciate and blah blah blah...I personally wouldn't even pay MSRP for a GT350R BTW. But what does my opinion matter to you man? LOL, I don't really care, I'm just pointing out the kind of person you are.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote