Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #869
Vanilla_Gorilla06

Drives: Bagged 95 S-10
Dealer Name: Crain Chevrolet
Dealer location:Little Rock Arkansas
Dealer phone number:877-855-0569
Dealer website: http://www.crainchevy.com/

I wen to go order form Crain today because they said that will sell it as msrp and honor my supplier discount. Got there and they said no to my supplier discount and was going to charge 10K over msrp.
Vanilla_Gorilla06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:28 AM   #870
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
I think GM needs to send people out to these dealers and find the lots who are gouging the prices andsend there alotments to a respectable dealer who is selling the cars at cost! Especially since the economie is so jacked up! There is dealers here in tenn. Buying other dealers alotments who are probably someone else who has it ordered just to make extra money and plan on giving them the next one they get! A Cadillac dealership in Knoxville is selling the base model v6 for $39,500!! And another chevy dealer has 1 v6 at 38k and 2 2SS models for $45k I'm not sure what there msrp are but mine was $36k for a 2SS I felt robbed for paying 1200 over msrp till I started looking at dealers in surrounding counties! So is other states as bad as Tenn.?
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:42 AM   #871
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
yes, got the same treatment from sullivan, thats why I ordered elsewhere.I would have bought most of those options ,but not when they are forced upon me.Taking my 40k elsewhere,If a few more of us do maybe they will realize what an error in judgement they made Also last weekend I was there to see Camaro thet was not in stock yet and as I pulled up two sales guys were in shouting match in parking lot as I was getting out of car. It lasted way too long...very UNPROFESSIONAL...
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:10 AM   #872
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod97 View Post
yes, got the same treatment from sullivan, thats why I ordered elsewhere.I would have bought most of those options ,but not when they are forced upon me.Taking my 40k elsewhere,If a few more of us do maybe they will realize what an error in judgement they made Also last weekend I was there to see Camaro thet was not in stock yet and as I pulled up two sales guys were in shouting match in parking lot as I was getting out of car. It lasted way too long...very UNPROFESSIONAL...
Where did you end up ordering from?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:32 AM   #873
daigodude33187

Drives: 1993 Chevy Lumina
Anyone have any feelings or any knowledge as to whether these dealers who are dishonest thiefs are violating contract law by breaking the promises previously made to us? Or if any legal actions could be taken?
daigodude33187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #874
Blue Joe

Drives: 2010 IBM/1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigodude33187 View Post
Anyone have any feelings or any knowledge as to whether these dealers who are dishonest thiefs are violating contract law by breaking the promises previously made to us? Or if any legal actions could be taken?
Yes, just show buyers order signed by you and manager like any other time.
Blue Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #875
Blue Joe

Listen folks, if dealer refuses to sell at MSRP theres nothing that can be done because they know someone will pay.But,all the other "add ons" like paint protectant,low jack ,warranty is totally your choice to pay"already on the car "is b--s--t!.%70 of people do not pay for it.STAND YOUR GROUND!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #876
Blue Joe

If you don't ask for it in writing its like saying"I really don't care if I get it or not"Human nature says over 85% of none written agreements never get fulfilled.I don't care if you loan $100 to your mom,if you want it back,you write it down and both sign it.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #877
AFR

Drives: Tahoe
Susan Schein in Pelham, AL

I've dealt with them before, and was not happy with their service. They have a 5000$ markup on their camaro's they get in. The two camaro's have been there for almost a week now. Hopefully, folks can resist the urge to buy these and till they get rid of the 5000$ markup.

Dealer: Susan Schein
Dealer number: 205-588-4428
Dealer Website: www.susanschein.com
Dealer Location: Pelham, Alabama
AFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #878
RTP_Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS (Very soon!)
Sigh - another bait 'n switch courtesy of Performance Chevrolet in Durham, NC. Was promised MSRP with GMS Discount on a new order; when it was time to finalize the paperwork (get it all in writing!!!), dealer balked... "My manager won't allow it"... but, "we can do your order for $1K over MSRP (with no allocation)". Hope the dealer sees this... if so, thanks so much for wasting my time. I'm now swearing off any Hendricks dealerships for life after this one, and advising co-workers/family/friends to do the same.
RTP_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #879
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
Nothing new about Hendricks dealerships, they have been on the price gouging list since day one. You were lucky it was only 1k.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #880
RTP_Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS (Very soon!)
Yup, couldn't agree more... just aggravated over the false promises given to get you in the door, pick out your car, etc..

At some point, supply will indeed outstrip demand, hope others on the boards here will give their business to the dealers who weren't out to make a quick buck now at our expense with no consideration of the longer-term business impact. I'll indeed be making sure when I buy, that the dealer was on the non-price gouging list from Day 1... even if it means a longer drive.

Heck, I'll just have more time to enjoy the car on the (longer) drive home :-)
RTP_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #881
z06invb

Drives: 2001 Chevy Corvette Z06
Hendricks Colonial in Norfolk, Va sucks just as bad. 5k over and still have 10 k mark ups on Vettes

Here is a new one for the list.

Woodall Automall in Danville Va. 10k over MSRP and this is his " special price " ....guess that means it comes with a tube of KY. He is the " Home of the 40 Grand 2LT "
z06invb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #882
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by crulgrl View Post
SADLY I AM GOING TO HAVE TO ADD A DEALER TO THE LIST:( I FOUND SOMEWHERE ON HERE THAT THERE WAS A CAMARO AVAILABLE IN BILOXI, MS. "PRESTON HOOD CHEVROLET LLC" SOMEONE HAD CANC. THEIR ORDER? I CONTACTED THEM AND GOT ALL INFO ON THE CAR AND STARTED LOOKING AT PLANE TICKETS TO FLY THERE FROM TULSA, OK. TO GET IT? I TOLD THEM OF THE STORY WITH LAST DEALER AND THEY WERE SO SHOCKED AND SAID THAT THEY DO NOT SALE OVER MSRP ETC. AND GAVE ME AN MSRP OF $35,925.00. WELL YESTERDAY WHEN MY BANK REQUESTED THE SALES INFO FOR THE LOAN SO THAT THEY COULD WIRE THE MONEY THEY FAXED ME A TOTAL OF $39,501.00? I WAS CHARGED $1,289.00 FOR AN "ENVIROMENTAL PROT. PKG.", A DOC/ADMIN. FEE OF $399.00 AND EXTENDED POWERTRAIN WARRANTY OF $1,888.00. I CALLED THEM AND ASKED WHAT THIS STUFF WAS FOR AS GM PROVIDES THE EXTEDED WARRANTY I THOUGHT AND THEY SAID "IT IS MY OPTION TO BUY THAT?" ON THE ENVIROMENTAL PROT. PKG. THEY SAID THAT USUALY IT IS A CHOICE BUT THEY HAD ALREADY PUT IT ON THE CAR SO I DID NOT HAVE A CHOICE IF I WANTED THE CAR? I ASKED WHAT IT WAS AND THEY SAID THAT IT PROTECTS MY SEATS AND PAINT? OF COURSE I THREW A FIT BUT THEN WAS TOLD "IF WE HADN'T HAVE ALREADY DONE IT YOU COULD TAKE IT OFF BUT THE OTHER LADY REQUESTED IT SO THAT IS WHY WE ALREADY DID IT?" I THEN SAID "I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT THE OTHER LADY CANCELLED HER ORDER SEVERAL MONTHS AGO?" THEIR REPLY WAS "I, MUST HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD SHE HAD JUST CANCELLED HER ORDER"? WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD CANCEL THEIR ORDER AFTER THE CAR ARRIVED???? NEEDLESS TO SAY I DID NOT PURCHASE THE CAR. SO 2 CAMARO DEALS DOWN THE DRAIN, THIRD TIMES A CHARM MABYE?
Sorry you are having so much trouble, it is ridiculous. Keep searching the good dealer thread. i'm sure someone in OK is honest.

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote