Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #85
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
GM cust service rep says that there is no devaluation of this car due to water damage caused by dealership.

Surely someone at GM cares and wants a happy customer. Just haven't found them yet. :(

Last edited by tramtwo; 09-11-2012 at 12:50 PM.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #86
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
GM cust service rep says that there is no devaluation of this car due to water damage caused by dealership.
Incredible!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #87
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Like many others have said, if I were you I'd lawyer up (and I work for an attorney).

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #88
Jameg1011

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Like many others have said, if I were you I'd lawyer up (and I work for an attorney).
Yup, seems like this would be your best option at this point. It might even take as little as a letter to them from a Lawyer to change there mind about helping you out! Good luck!
Jameg1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #89
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameg1011 View Post
It might even take as little as a letter to them from a Lawyer to change there mind about helping you out!
This. A scare letter could be all that's needed.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #90
tramtwo

Thanks guys. As you can see I am trying to give GM a chance to do their job. I know the one person I am dealing with does not represent the entire company. He let it slip that he was waiting on a phone call from a person at the dealership to find out what repairs have been done to my car. That person (name he let slip) is the treasurer?!

I absolutely will use a lawyer if it comes to that. Don't quite think I am there yet, damn close though.

And here I thought that owning my childhood dream, a red convertible camaro would bring me joy. :(
Old 09-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #91
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
“For many buyers, a Camaro Convertible can be a collector car, something they might keep for generations. So we made sure the tops would retain their quality for a long, long time,” said Oppenheiser. “There is great value in a convertible with the original top.”
LOL on Oppenheiser quote. He seems to make up a lot of stuff.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #92
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Tramtwo, there is a guy on this site that seems to offer help when GM fails to. He goes by Chevrolet Customer Svc and they seem to come in. Usually the persons name is Brandon but I just checked on the thread TPW 8/6 and that one has Ashley on page seven. Maybe if you send them a PM and have then read all this they'll take care of you. Their location is Michigan, so I'm assuming it's Detroit. Give them a shot, in reading things they posted they seem to be decent and wanted us to be happy. Good luck on getting this resolved properly, not the way their trying to do it.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #93
tramtwo

Thanks I started there... this has moved way above their pay grade. Once I filed with BBB my GM case was closed and a new one opened but the guy I have now.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #94
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Thanks guys. As you can see I am trying to give GM a chance to do their job. I know the one person I am dealing with does not represent the entire company. He let it slip that he was waiting on a phone call from a person at the dealership to find out what repairs have been done to my car. That person (name he let slip) is the treasurer?!

I absolutely will use a lawyer if it comes to that. Don't quite think I am there yet, damn close though.

And here I thought that owning my childhood dream, a red convertible camaro would bring me joy. :(
Have you tried PMing the GM Customer Service rep that lurks in the forums here? Forget his account name but you can find him in the TSB section of the site.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #95
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Sorry, I thought being from Chevy he would have more/better pull then the guy you're dealing with. Good Luck and keep us posted.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #96
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Drives: 2022 Ram 1500
Quote:
Thanks I started there... this has moved way above their pay grade. Once I filed with BBB my GM case was closed and a new one opened but the guy I have now.
I too feel your pain... in a way.

I wont bore you with my horror story, you can find it on here and read it yourself.

from what I have learned about the structure of GM Cust Service is this. There are several layers/specialty areas, from regular cust service to bbb claims, to lemon laws/final repairs and so on. The departments dont talk all that well to each other and they are all rather hard to get ahold of on a regular basis. I have been through 5 reps, I finally have one that not only answers the phone 90% of the time I call but also returns my calls and does infact do scheduled call backs.

If I have learned anything its keep on them. Be a pain in their side and dont give up. Like they say, the noisy wheel gets the oil.

Hang in there.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Decepticon "Darksteel" - 9/28/12 - 6/29/22
InfidelSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #97
tramtwo

Today came and went dealership still has car. I followed up with GM they can not get the dealership to return their calls. My GM rep started to feel me out as to what I would settle for. I want an expert to certify that the car is free of any harmful mold or mildew. I am NOT taking the dealership's or GM's word for it. A leaking car with wet carpet and standing water exposed to the heat of a New Orleans summer for three weeks is sure to be capable of growing something that could make me or my passengers sick . And I'll be damned if I'll expose my 82 year old mom (loves the car especially when we are on surface streets) or my young nieces or nephews to harmful mold.

Man I hope this is all over soon. 37 days and counting to repair a leaking top. :(
Old 10-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #98
tramtwo

I have accepted GM's buyback. They will give me credit for what my car stickered originally and apply it to the sticker of ANY GM product.

I never thought this day would arrive.

I could not have endured without all the support. Thanks.

Now I have to de-mod the original car and try and soul-search to see if I will get another convertible.

Tags
mold water corrosion