Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 08-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #85
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
2SS
yellow paint
black wheels
NPP
MRC
46,080 before tax?
Really?
I have the money. The payment isn't an issue. The butt hurt of a $46000 Camaro is a little much to get over. Not a brand loyalist at all. I really like the car and may still buy one but now have some cross shopping to do.
I have been a Chevy loyalist for some time. But with the GT350 and the Scat Pak out there, I'm opening my eyes to other options since we are now in the $40k price range. I love GM, but think they played this one wrong!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #86
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I know the price seems high to some, and as a sponsor i think it was nicer when cars came with out a lot of the upgrades we do, but having seen the car and sitting in one, i can say you get a lot of bang for the buck, lets hope GM sees the light and brings a striped down model of the V8 for members that want a pure price point car, I know why GM did it this way, as most Camaro owners what it with all the bells and whistles.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:32 PM   #87
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
You guys simply can not get over that you get what you pay for.

It's downright moronic to say how over priced the SS is when comparing it to the Mustang GT then in same breath talk about how good of a deal the GT350 is.

The SS wipes its butt with the GT. You create these fake builds with the SS adding MRC and dual mode exhaust and compare it to the GT pricing...MRC and dual mode are not even options on the GT.

Would you rather they were not options on the SS so you could have a lower "fully loaded" price?
My whole thing on the price is that I think they made to much stuff standard. Yes you get a extremely well equipped car for the money but as I said a few posts ago, the camaro I would want a 1SS with auto trans as the only option- would come in over 40K with taxes included. Something about 40K for a base model V8 car just doesn't sound right to me.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #88
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

It's downright moronic to say how over priced the SS is when comparing it to the Mustang GT then in same breath talk about how good of a deal the GT350 is.

The SS wipes its butt with the GT. You create these fake builds with the SS adding MRC and dual mode exhaust and compare it to the GT pricing...MRC and dual mode are not even options on the GT.

Would you rather they were not options on the SS so you could have a lower "fully loaded" price?

No one is asking for no options at all but rather, the option to have no options for a better price point. Make sense?

For example, I should have the option to get an 1SS without the "RS" package and save $2,000.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #89
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
I know the price seems high to some, and as a sponsor i think it was nicer when cars came with out a lot of the upgrades we do, but having seen the car and sitting in one, i can say you get a lot of bang for the buck, lets hope GM sees the light and brings a striped down model of the V8 for members that want a pure price point car, I know why GM did it this way, as most Camaro owners what it with all the bells and whistles.
Hey Ofer, I don't think the price is high for what you get on the base 1SS. It just has things in it that I could do without for now. Like I skipped on the RS package and added OEM RS headlights from you at a fraction of the cost. And I added other goodies I wanted later on at my own pace!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:54 PM   #90
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
You can't seem to get that some people don't want what you're forced to pay for if you buy a 1SS. Will the 1SS outperform the GT? We certainly believe so, based on all available information, but to what degree is still in question.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:03 PM   #91
anotherreject

Drives: no camaro
Is it a nice car with all the standard bells and whistles? Hell yes
Does everyone want to buy a car at a higher price because all the standard bells and whistles raise the price? Nope
This is what some folks are not seeing
Some people are fine buying a bare bones ss at a lower price. I'm not paying 37k plus tax, tags, title,etc for a car with a bunch of options I don't want or need

Maybe we have all been punked and next week GM will come running out with hidden cameras and release either lower prices or a bare bones ss option
anotherreject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #92
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I have been a Chevy loyalist for some time. But with the GT350 and the Scat Pak out there, I'm opening my eyes to other options since we are now in the $40k price range. I love GM, but think they played this one wrong!
You do know that your going to have to spend mid 50s or more to come close to the tech of a 42K 2SS right?

If you only care about performance then you should be comparing a 37K SS to the 49K GT350 (including destination and GG tax).

Why are we even comparing these cars price-wise??????????
Old 08-24-2015, 04:17 PM   #93
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
Is it a nice car with all the Extra bells and whistles? Hell yes
Does everyone want to buy a car at a higher price because all the Extra bells and whistles raise the price? will see

Some people are fine buying a bare bones ss at a lower price. I'm not paying 37k plus tax, tags, title,etc for a car with a bunch of options I don't want or need

Maybe we have all been punked and next week GM will come running out with hidden cameras and release either lower prices or a bare bones ss option
Last time i looked no one told you to buy this car, find what you want and buy it, or dont, at the end you have a way for them to change there mind if no one will buy the car then they will be forced to change there thinking, its called supply and demand.

So ones more you want a car at a lower price point but want no options past what that outer car comes with, i dont see it but good luck.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:20 PM   #94
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
Is it a nice car with all the standard bells and whistles? Hell yes
Does everyone want to buy a car at a higher price because all the standard bells and whistles raise the price? Nope

So....if you could...how would you configure your "base" SS, and with what options? What would you leave off the 1SS that would lower the price much? What would you add back on for your build?

Not attacking, just curious. The only big ticket items I can see are:

1) RS package
2) 8" driver configurable display
3) Backup camera (which I think is mandated now or coming soon, so maybe not an option?)

I can see that knocking off 1,500 to a couple grand fairly easily. But I know I'd have to have those on my SS. Would you?
Old 08-24-2015, 04:26 PM   #95
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So....if you could...how would you configure your "base" SS, and with what options? What would you leave off the 1SS that would lower the price much? What would you add back on for your build?

Not attacking, just curious. The only big ticket items I can see are:

1) RS package
2) 8" driver configurable display
3) Backup camera (which I think is mandated now or coming soon, so maybe not an option?)

I can see that knocking off 1,500 to a couple grand fairly easily. But I know I'd have to have those on my SS. Would you?
It should also include Bose audio
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:30 PM   #96
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:

I would rather not get forced into a RS package and get a MSRP that is $1,500 lower. I'd rather have a 1SS with a 1LT style gauge cluster.

If I could get a 1SS with those removed for $1,800 lower MSRP and get an auto 1SS for 36,800 or 37,000 out the door..I'd be okay. I'm NOT okay with spending over 39,500. Yeah its "only" $2,500 but that matters to me. Thats over 2 years of insurance on it for me and some change.

You can call people who compare it to various Mustang builds "moronic" all you want, but that is what the general public is going to do.

You don't "need" Brembos on the street. I've driven a 2015 Mustang GT without the PP and it stops just as well as my 2010 1SS does with its Brembos. Unless you're really on the car you won't notice a real difference.

GM could just as easily put on very capable non-Brembo brakes, 19" wheels and called it good, especially if the weight loss holds true. However they didn't.

The fact is the price of entry on a V8 Mustang is now $4,000 less than a V8 Camaro, and that will catch the attention of a lot of people. All of your arrogant, condescending pontificating bluster isn't going to change that.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:44 PM   #97
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I have an idea:

Go buy the Mustang!!!

I'm with IOMike on this one, I don't know why we are comparing a fully loaded GT with a fully loaded Camaro, when the Camaro SS offers things only available on the GT350, and that costs $55K.
Look i wish that the next ZL1 comes in a 55K, but that aint gonna happen, and If i want one, i gotta pay.

Maybe some of us have to go to the dark side cuz of this pricing, but I have to say I think the 2SS is going to be a better car, and if GM put the time and money into developing a vastly better car, then i think we should be willing to pay.

Disclosure: 30% of my retirement investments are with GM so please go buy the Camaro!

just playin - no stock at all in GM
Old 08-24-2015, 04:48 PM   #98
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
2014: I want this and this and this and this in the new Camaro...
2015: You want me to pay how much????

LOLOL Too funny
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote