Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #85
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
WTF they put horns in every car made..... There's rules and laws of how you can apply it?
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #86
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyKiller74 View Post
WTF they put horns in every car made..... There's rules and laws of how you can apply it?
They also put 400+ HP engines in cars, guess what there are rules and laws that apply to them as well ...
Old 06-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #87
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
It is about time a moderator locks this thread down....
Random full body cavity searches for everyone!!! Think of the lives it will save...

IBTL?

b
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #88
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
+1
Old 06-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #89
PonyKiller74

[QUOTE=brantley847;2005987]It is about time a moderator locks this thread down....

Jesus, I apologize for saying that and its fixed. I enforce the immigration side of the house. And yes I make vehicle stops everyday but can't say someone honking their horn gave me any PC to stop them. I'm sure the other officer had some other suspicion or whatever to stop him. I wasn't questioning his stop really.

There's just no need for some of the comments that people leave on here. For someone to question somebodies education because thinking some law is silly... take that crap to myspace or something.

So, my sincere apologies Brantley847
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Old 06-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #90
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
I agree, but honestly I would think there is more to this than we were told...and not by fault of the OP. My guess being he may have been hunting for something more, and probably had more pc to boot....whether it included drifting, or just one simple fail to maintain. All I am saying is I am not going to jump this officer when I didn't see it, not to mention it IS justified. Cheese none the less...but justified
I agree with you. Again, not something I would do unless I felt the stop would lead into a more serious infraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naga View Post
thats dirty!!!! some cops are just jelous of others driving good cars!!!!
I'm a cop, I own a Camaro. So that makes me??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
I wonder why you don't just set up random road blocks and check everyone for their "papers"? I bet that would lead to bigger issues too.

I guess you've not been through a DUI roadblock? A seatbelt roadblock? An insurance check roadblock? They happen all the time in Illinois, although it's predominately done by ISP and not local authorities,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
I wish they'd pass a law to stop people on the street who's pants aren't properly fastened around their waste.

I bet those kinds of stops would lead to bigger issues too.
It's called a Terry stop, if done properly and it happens. Although there is an advantage to them wearing their pants like that. They can't run. Also, it'll tip you if if they are about to blitz on you, because they have to pull them up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller66 View Post
what a BS excuse to pull someone over. Is there even a such thing as an illegal use of your horn? That pig is an idiot.
He's only an idiot until something happens to you and he's the one to respond. It's a law in your state, the cop didn't write it, the people you voted in did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhmblbe View Post
this cop was a real dumbass with apparently nothing better to do with his time. My father in law is a retired cop and said unless he ever suspected anything more, like drugs in the car or dangerous speeding, he would never pull someone over for something as trivial as what you did.

So the cop was a dumbass, yet you don't know his side of the story? Maybe he did have further PC, thought the OP was drunk, suspended or something of that nature. We can't be sure, because the officer isn't here.

What if that dumbass officer pulled over someone from the most wanted list due to that statute? Is he a dumbass then, or a good cop doing his job and possibly saving lives?

The long and short of it is this, the cop did his job. The OP did not receive a citation, so where's the issue? The officer made a legal stop, he did nothing wrong. Sorry if you don't like it, but that's the facts of the situation.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #91
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=PonyKiller74;2006081]
Quote:
It is about time

There's just no need for some of the comments that people leave on here. For someone to question somebodies education because thinking some law is silly... take that crap to myspace or something.

So, my sincere apologies Brantley847
I do apologize for the response as well. He shouldn't have made the comment, nor you and I. I guess we can't blame the responses or the irritation when not one person is willing to research the law, but they will bash person who only enforces.

My apologies as well
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:32 AM   #92
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
I guess you've not been through a DUI roadblock? A seatbelt roadblock? An insurance check roadblock? They happen all the time in Illinois, although it's predominately done by ISP and not local authorities,
Yet another reason I'm glad I live in Texas. You get 20 miles North of the Border of Mexico and road blocks simply go away. I've always felt like check points were an unconstitutional invasion of my right to privacy, my right to travel freely and my right to protection against illegal searches. But what do I know...I'm just your average veteran/citizen with a clean record. You're the guys with the guns and any silly PC laws you need to do anything you want to do.

mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:35 AM   #93
PonyKiller74

I fully understand about the bashing of enforcement, the Border Patrol is very misunderstood and not liked by a lot of people who are not aware of our overall purpose and what we do everyday. Especially now with all this stuff goin on in Arizona. Every Agency and Department especially the Military are all under paid, over worked and under appreciated.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #94
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
And cops wonder why 80% of us think they are douche bags. I usually treat them like a grown up hall monitor.

Funny thing is, everytime I am talking to one they all say "I'm not like that." Guess what....you are.

Friday evening I leave work early and get home at 4 pm and just hangg out with my 8 yr old twins girls. Swim in the pool, ride bikes, cook burgers, etc. At 7 pm Mr. Softy drives up the block and we all get ice cream cones. Best way to end the week. Me and my girls. So we are sitting in my driveway eating the cones and not one but two cop cars pull up in front of my house. So of course, I'm thinking, what do these clowns want.

They walk up the driveway to me and my kids and tell me to lower the music. I'm like "what?" I'm not playing any "wtf!"

They say they just heard it from the next block over and know it was me and that there have been numerous complaints about me. I am actually quite shocked cause I live on a quiet residential culdesac street, I dont play loud music and I actually never noticed any of my neighbors playing any either.

I say officer, I have been home since 4 and have not played any music nor have had I heard any. They both get all pissy and say "listen guy, we know it was you, we just heard it, knock it off or we will write you up."

I respond, "officers, are you sure your on the right street. I have really been out side for 3 hours and have not heard anyone playing any music."

Cop says to me in front of my kids that he hates scum bags who dont admit when they are wrong. That if I apologized instead of acting like I didn't know what he was talking about he wouldn't have to write me up for a public nusance.

Now I am getting pissed and stand up all fast out of my chair and both a**holes put their hands on their holsters and my kids start running for the front door. I ask, "OFFICER, WHAT ADDRESS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?"

Cop says "7 Front street."

I point to the big numbers on my garage behind me. I say, "THIS IS ONE SIXTY SEVEN!!!! CAN'T YOU READ. 7 IS A QUARTER MILE THAT WAY."

They both look at me dumb founded like morons. "OH. uh nice car" and start walking away.

F/n jerks come onto my property and lie about hearing music, threaten to write me tickets in a poor attempt to try to get me to admit it was me, in front of my family and they cant read house numbers immediately over my head.

My daughters came out when they left and asked me why the police came to our house and lied. They thought the cops were good.

Ruined a good day.
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #95
PonyKiller74

Quote:
Originally Posted by attymf View Post
And cops wonder why 80% of us think they are douche bags. I usually treat them like a grown up hall monitor.

Funny thing is, everytime I am talking to one they all say "I'm not like that." Guess what....you are.

Friday evening I leave work early and get home at 4 pm and just hangg out with my 8 yr old twins girls. Swim in the pool, ride bikes, cook burgers, etc. At 7 pm Mr. Softy drives up the block and we all get ice cream cones. Best way to end the week. Me and my girls. So we are sitting in my driveway eating the cones and not one but two cop cars pull up in front of my house. So of course, I'm thinking, what do these clowns want.

They walk up the driveway to me and my kids and tell me to lower the music. I'm like "what?" I'm not playing any "wtf!"

They say they just heard it from the next block over and know it was me and that there have been numerous complaints about me. I am actually quite shocked cause I live on a quiet residential culdesac street, I dont play loud music and I actually never noticed any of my neighbors playing any either.

I say officer, I have been home since 4 and have not played any music nor have had I heard any. They both get all pissy and say "listen guy, we know it was you, we just heard it, knock it off or we will write you up."

I respond, "officers, are you sure your on the right street. I have really been out side for 3 hours and have not heard anyone playing any music."

Cop says to me in front of my kids that he hates scum bags who dont admit when they are wrong. That if I apologized instead of acting like I didn't know what he was talking about he wouldn't have to write me up for a public nusance.

Now I am getting pissed and stand up all fast out of my chair and both a**holes put their hands on their holsters and my kids start running for the front door. I ask, "OFFICER, WHAT ADDRESS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?"

I point to the big numbers on my garage behind me. I say, "THIS IS ONE SIXTY SEVEN!!!! CAN'T YOU READ. 7 IS A QUARTER MILE THAT WAY."

They both look at me dumb founded like morons. "OH. uh nice car" and start walking away.

F/n jerks come onto my property and lie about hearing music, threaten to write me tickets in a poor attempt to try to get me to admit it was me, in front of my family and they cant read house numbers immediately over my head.

My daughters came out when they left and asked me why the police came to our house and lied. They thought the cops were good.

Ruined a good day.

I and most that would read this know that just like any job out there including Law Enforcement that there are some "bad apples" per say and ones that may not know what they are doing. There's no excuse for them not to know their location. Some people however make mistakes. Its everywhere in life unfortunately. I can't apologize for all but Not All are like that.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #96
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
Yet another reason I'm glad I live in Texas. You get 20 miles North of the Border of Mexico and road blocks simply go away. I've always felt like check points were an unconstitutional invasion of my right to privacy, my right to travel freely and my right to protection against illegal searches. But what do I know...I'm just your average veteran/citizen with a clean record. You're the guys with the guns and any silly PC laws you need to do anything you want to do.

Politicans write the statutes we enforce and use, we don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attymf View Post

Ruined a good day.

One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch.

Again, not saying there aren't bad ones out there. Yet, in the OP's case, whether you like it or not, the officer was justified by Florida statute to make the stop. Again, that officer did nothing wrong.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #97
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
i doubt attymf's story is 100% accurate. he bashes law enforcement openly yet he addressed them as "officer" BS... im not saying that the officers didnt act that way but i doubt he acted polite.

im police and ive written about four 2010 camaro drivers for speeding. 1 didnt have insurance. 2 had fake temporary tags in the window which they admited that they couldnt afford the sales tax yet. 1 was driving careless and imprudent. it's idiots like them that jack our insurance rates up.

Last edited by camaro guy; 06-22-2010 at 09:55 AM.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:47 AM   #98
dmiller66
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: '13 2SS/RS, Blue Ray Metallic, Auto
Well, you know how when you watch the news and there is nothing going on, they tend to put stupid things on just to fill the time space.......cop must have been bored.
dmiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote