Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #57
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Here ya go, this is the pic-

EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #58
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
I'm not sure if you are kidding...
I'm pretty sure he was.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #59
Kenz Camaro

Drives: 1994 Impala SS
I agree, you can use different size rims and ultimately get the same overall diameter (height) with tire size.
I think I read something about this here before but, I always appreciated the fact that the factory 17" wheels on my 1994 Impala SS were the same offset rims and same tires all the way around in order to easily rotate tires. It bugged me that my friend's Camaro had the same tires all around but different offset rims so you had to have them all broken down and re-mounted to rotate. The concepts both look fantastic as they are but I wouldn't mind if the could use the same set-up on all four corners.
Just me?
Ken
Kenz Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #60
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post

OH, HOT DAMN, WHO TOOK THIS PICTURE... I LOVE IT!

And I was joking, hence the smilies (you'll know if I'm not joking trust me: asshole attitude with no smilies, rare but possible) I was just referring to the wheel size terms, I learned long ago what they meant, but have long since forgotten.

And back to the topic of this thread, I think this pic proves it, the Concept sits quite high enough.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:54 AM   #61
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
The 4th Gen appears to be taller that the 5th Gen in overall height. Yes, the hood seems to be lower on teh 4th Gen, though....hmmmm....not that big of a difference to my eyes.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #62
Mr. Wyndham

no, not at all...cool!
Old 05-24-2007, 03:06 PM   #63
Bait8
Balance

Drives: A torque-less wonder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post

Looks excellent! what the hell are they complaining about? They are used to these days driving these econo boxes, man, these cares are supposed to be wide, large, and freaking scary....AWESOME PICTURE!

I can't wait for this car anymore people, I want it bad. I have been saving money since 05 telling other car owners that it is coming when they kept insisting that a new Camaro will never happen :(

The front end looks so aggressive on these! I get chills looking at it. I hope the SS version gets an even meaner looking front.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

Last edited by Bait8; 05-24-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Bait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:37 PM   #64
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
I agree Bait8, I think it looks awesome and I don't want to wait either. I don't know if I can read all this stuff about the new Camaro for the next 18 months before it is available. I have become ADDICTED to this website, I check it 3..4...5..6 times a day for new info. Am I CRAZY
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:11 PM   #65
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcannan354 View Post
I agree Bait8, I think it looks awesome and I don't want to wait either. I don't know if I can read all this stuff about the new Camaro for the next 18 months before it is available. I have become ADDICTED to this website, I check it 3..4...5..6 times a day for new info. Am I CRAZY
I check this site as well as CamaroZ28.com at least once or twice daily...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:35 AM   #66
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Wheel Well size with smaller rims

Obviously, this 5th gen car won't come stock with 21 and 22 inch rims. They'll probably be 18 or 19 inch. But how will they fit smaller wheels in this car with the existing fenders and fender wells without it looking funny? If they go with 275 or 285\45 or 40\18 or 19 tires, they'll have to drop the fenders lower and shrink the wheel wells quite a bit. I've seen the concept in person, and the existing wheel wells are made for the huge rims.

I sure hope they maintain the low, wide tire, mean driving stance look of the 4th gens.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:30 AM   #67
Mungo

Drives: trans am
They won't. They'll make the wheel opening a tad smaller. The base Corvette has F 245/40 R18's R 285/35 19's and the Z06 has F 275/35 R18's and 325/30 R19's and they look great.
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #68
Bait8
Balance

Drives: A torque-less wonder.
I have been coming here often as of late as well, I don't know but I think this waiting is going to drag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
Obviously, this 5th gen car won't come stock with 21 and 22 inch rims. They'll probably be 18 or 19 inch. But how will they fit smaller wheels in this car with the existing fenders and fender wells without it looking funny? If they go with 275 or 285\45 or 40\18 or 19 tires, they'll have to drop the fenders lower and shrink the wheel wells quite a bit. I've seen the concept in person, and the existing wheel wells are made for the huge rims.

I sure hope they maintain the low, wide tire, mean driving stance look of the 4th gens.
Hey man, I noticed under you car it says that you have an 06 RSX TYPE S, that is the same car I have right now to drive around. I have the NBP color. Same year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcannan354 View Post
Am I CRAZY
No, cause if you are then so am I. I fell in love with the way the concept looks and have been seeing ghostly images of it on my drive way lol.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean
Bait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:46 PM   #69
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait8 View Post
I
No, cause if you are then so am I. I fell in love with the way the concept looks and have been seeing ghostly images of it on my drive way lol.
You, too? At least I'm not alone - except mine has no color, that's the only piece I'm missing....
Old 07-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #70
Stig

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Dude, use the SEARCH BUTTON.

Either that, or consolidate ALL of your one sentence questions onto one big thread, and we will try and answer all of them.

But keep in mind, nobody really knows anything much. NO info has been released except for an on-sale date, and some other small tidbits.

But currently there has been NO major information released about any of the following
Engines
Transmissions
Wheels
Paint
Interior
Options
Packages

NOTHING. Im not trying to be mean here, but seriously, most of us are in the dark just like everyone else.

However, to SORT OF give you some kind of answer, the only thing we know about the wheels and tires is that on the Zeta platform which the camaro was built on, they moved the front suspension forward 50mm to accomodate 20 inch wheels....SO presumably, there will be a 20 inch wheel option. But thats all we know. Other than that, it will probably have 17, 18 and 20 inch variants depending on trim levels and options.
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote