Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Roto-fab CAI...closer look

From start to finish, we've designed an intake system to maximize performance and sound while enhancing the appearance of your engine compartment. Most intakes look similar at first glance, so please take a moment to check out some of the details that truly set ours apart from the rest.

Air box
-Our air box makes the most of the available area by effectively shielding the engine hot compartment air from reaching the filter. By effectively sealing to the hood, you get all of the advantages of a closed air box while maximizing the area around the filter. We've done extensive testing on air box configurations and we have found that "crowding" the filter results in less power. Besides, the exposed filter looks really cool with the hood open! In the first pic, we applied a small amount of powder to the air box seal and closed the hood. You will see a less pronounced line on your hood after running our intake.

This picture shows how the lower part of the box fits your car. In adddition, you can see that our air box actually steps inward which creates more space for a bigger filter while shortening the intake tract length. A longer intake length creates a restriction resulting in less power gains.

Filter- We offer the standard oil type filter as welll as a dry filter. All of our filters are USA made and will last the lifetime of your vehicle with periodic maintenance. Our filters have a 6" mounting flange to accomodate our custom molded MAF sensor housing!

MAF sensor housing-In addition to accepting your stock MAF sensor, our housing performs several other functions. First, we mold the part nearly 1/4" thick to reduce heat transfer to the inner wall/air stream. A velocity stack type of entry is created by incorporating a large radius in the transition down from the 6" filter mounting flange to the finished diameter of the sensor housing itself. (5) 10-32 brass inserts are molded into the housing for tight, secure mounting to the air box. This unique design allows the air duct to pass through the air box wall while maintaining a barrier against radiator/engine heat.

This cross-sectional view shows the radius on the entry leading to the MAF sensor.

Inlet elbow-Like the MAF housing, our inlet elbow is molded nearly 1/4" thick. Plastic naturally transfers much less heat to the inner wall than aluminum. The additional thickness slows the heat transfer even more. We mold on a nipple and supply a straight silicone coupler for secure and clean mounting of the breather tube.

Hump hose and transition hose couplers
-With solid and sealed mounting to the air box, our system needs a dependable means of absorbing motor rock. We use top quality high gloss silicone couplers to achieve this. On the throttle body side we use a transition hose to step from the throttle body OD to our inlet elbow OD. FYI, the difference in size is what allows the inside diameter of our elbow to be the size of the OD of the throttle body. The other hose is referred to as a "hump hose" because of its shape. with movement the hump area expands or collapses to absorb movement. The hoses are secured with stainless steel non-perforated clamps which don't damage the hoses.

Our system installs using factory mounting points and requires absolutely no cutting, drilling, modifying or relocating of components. Installation instructions are very thorough and include color pictures of the steps. Your intake will arrive in custom cut foam packaging for secure tranporting. We take pride in our customer service and we have time to talk with you. If you take the time to read our customer posts you will see we work hard to address all of the areas of customer satisfaction.

If you have read this far, hopefully you have noticed a few things you don't see on other intakes. Virtually everything we do (and don't do) with our intake design is the result of extensive dyno testing. Thank you for taking the time to learn about our products.

Last edited by Roto-fab 1; 11-11-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
looks very good.nice job.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
When will this item be listed on the Roto Fab website. I went there to find out more about your product and it only lists parts for the SS's (V-8).

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
jimbobikr

Drives: Chevy
Love the Synergy Green with green filter, when will they be available?
jimbobikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
Mikk2K

Drives: '10 Camaro LTRS, '12 Pro4x Frontier
This looks like a very interesting product. I'm looking forward to see what these will sell for.
Mikk2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Good job!

Very nice thorough explanation of your product.Too bad other vendors do not go into such detail in promoting their product.One of the best that I have seen so far.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Looks good, availability and price?

How about showing us some dyno test results that show Fuel trims, IAT, Air/Fuel ratio, AV HP gain, AV Torque Gain, Peak HP gain, and Peak AVG Torque as that would be helpful in determing which CAI is best? Thanks
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy56 View Post
Very nice thorough explanation of your product.Too bad other vendors do not go into such detail in promoting their product.One of the best that I have seen so far.
Agreed. A breath of fresh air. Also liked the Synergy Green accents.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #9
a red maro

Drives: Victory Red 2lt RS V6 auto
What exactly are the prices for these CAI? I'm liking that victory red CAI.

a red maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
Great write up...

Should I go with you direct here...or with your e-bay store.

PM me if need be or is there a price we can all share here as members?
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #11
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
We will be posting information tomorrow for a group buy promotion.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #12
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
They make an excellent unit!

Great people to deal with.
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #13
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
With all respect to you guys but the JR test for V8 intakes, are not high for the Roto fab intake !

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202

and you are saying that there is no difference between the V8 and the V6 settings, so what makes it special now?
Old 08-04-2010, 01:43 AM   #14
Markal
White Lightnin

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro LS
Sorry, that rubber seal that is supposed to seal against the hood just makes my shoulders raise against my neck and say why??? Its UGLY.....A BOX with an ugly rubber seal....where heat is....does it wrinkle or get compressed? Does it really supply a solid seal against the hood??? Really??? Oh well!!! Sorry.....I don't see it happenin and I don't like it. I have an Ingen and love the appearance and performance!
Markal is offline   Reply With Quote