Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #1009
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Z/28 addiction is a popular model to explain automotive lust — uncontrollable urges, behaviors, or thoughts that appear extreme in frequency or feel out of one's control. Z/28 addiction, particularly with an LS7 is typically associated with lowered inhibitions, premium fuel and tire smoke and like some drugs can affect a person's social and purchasing decisions.

#2.99 exploited your lust. I had nothing to do with it.
Fair enough.

There's no arguing with that logic...hmmm...
Old 09-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #1010
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I'm quite entertained...please continue.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #1011
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
You cannot equip the future Z28 with Magnetic Ride Control, MRC shock absorbers are banned in every major road racing organizations. This will be the one thing Chevrolet cannot use from the ZL1, SCCA even made Caddy change their shocks for the World Challenge. Caddy eventually went with Pratt & Miller for a bespoke rear suspension but it could be a great opportunity for a suspension company.

Anyway, don't put the MRC idea in Chevrolet's head please, people will be upset when they find out they are not eligible for stock classes and need to go up to touring, prepped or modified.. thinking they bought a track ready car while changing the shocks...

The LS7 would be perfect for the Z28 and it only weighs about 30lbs more than the LS3. If the curb weight is kept below 4000lbs (I estimate 3940lbs) then the power to weight ratio would be a healthy 7.80. You could make some of that weight back if they would ditch the 20 inch wheels, 19 inch wheels would be big enough... 18s would be better.

Last edited by thePill; 09-14-2011 at 11:12 AM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #1012
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Pill...chill. NOT ONE of the "usual suspects", here, who express genuine buyer interest in an LS7-engined "enhanced" FE4 is demanding/seeking MR. In fact, we absolutely do NOT want it. Cost/complexity/weight reasons/implications are clearly understood, here.

As to a "track-ready" car, there's a mammoth difference between participating in an HPDE occasionally, and mixing it up with my friend Leh Keen every weekend... NO ONE is suggesting/demanding the Z/28 be a Racing Series champion "off the showroom floor"...just as Penske didn't, back in the day...

Dragoneye...repeat this mantra:

"LS7...LS7...LS7...LS7...LS7...LS7...LS7...LS7 ..."

Gawd...I'm...getting...sleepy...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.../28...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #1013
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Pill, How's the back?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #1014
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
Pill, How's the back?
Still broke, the ruptured disc and the vertebrae have intermittent contact/crushing the L5 nerve root. It was hard for them to find due to the MRI being conducted while I was lying down, contact occurs within a range of motion under 30% in either direction. Still getting injections, now with X-ray guidance and exploring future options. I do plan on running the 2012 Gumball 3000 so hopefully I can be at least 80% by then.

I had an EMG done 2 weeks ago, I have permanent nerve damage below the right knee (calf, outside ankle, top of the foot and big toe). I can still walk and drive and I will eventually start the elliptical and swimming as soon as I am cleared. I will never regain the feeling in my foot but the calf is possible. Surgery is still a last option...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Pill...chill. NOT ONE of the "usual suspects", here, who express genuine buyer interest in an LS7-engined "enhanced" FE4 is demanding/seeking MR. In fact, we absolutely do NOT want it. Cost/complexity/weight reasons/implications are clearly understood, here.

As to a "track-ready" car, there's a mammoth difference between participating in an HPDE occasionally, and mixing it up with my friend Leh Keen every weekend... NO ONE is suggesting/demanding the Z/28 be a Racing Series champion "off the showroom floor"...just as Penske didn't, back in the day...
I know, but I started reading the "MRC is good" post on the second page and that individual knows that MRC is highly illegal. I'm not asking for it to be a champion, I am just asking for it to be eligible to compete. The ZL1 can be track ready all it wants, the Z28 will be competition ready like the Boss 302, Boss 302LS, Boss 302S and Boss 302R.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #1015
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Still broke, the ruptured disc and the vertebrae intermittent contact/crushing the L5 nerve root. It was hard for them to find due to the MRI being conducted while I was lying down, contact occurs within a range of motion under 30% in either direction. Still getting injections, now with X-ray guidance and exploring future options. I do plan on running the 2012 Gumball 3000 so hopefully I can be at least 80% by then.

I had an EMG done 2 weeks ago, I have permanent nerve damage below the right knee (calf, outside ankle, top of the foot and big toe). I can still walk and drive and I will eventually start the elliptical and swimming as soon as I am cleared. I will never regain the feeling in my foot but the calf is possible. Surgery is still a last option...

I know, but I started reading the "MRC is good" post on the second page and that individual knows that MRC is highly illegal. I'm not asking for it to be a champion, I am just asking for it to be eligible to compete.
That doesn't sound good. We keep you in our prayers.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #1016
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
I know, but I started reading the "MRC is good" post on the second page and that individual knows that MRC is highly illegal. I'm not asking for it to be a champion, I am just asking for it to be eligible to compete. The ZL1 can be track ready all it wants, the Z28 will be competition ready like the Boss 302, Boss 302LS, Boss 302S and Boss 302R.
Actually, MR IS "good"...really good. It's simply (?!) a complex expensive weighty electronic assist (some would say band-aid) that us "old school" Keep It Simple Stupid folks would prefer to see unattached to our vision of a weight- and cost-sensitive Z/28...

Here's hopin' you feel better soon...
Old 09-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #1017
thePill
Account Suspended

Quote:
That doesn't sound good. We keep you in our prayers.
If I do make the Gumball, throw me some decals and I can advertise for you (for free) from LA to NY. They need to be silver to match the Gumball decals. Evertime I get pulled over I make Youtube Don't worry about me, I have always made it through whatever comes my way...
Quote:
Actually, MR IS "good"...really good. It's simply (?!) a complex expensive weighty electronic assist (some would say band-aid) that us "old school" Keep It Simple Stupid folks would prefer to see unattached to our vision of a weight- and cost-sensitive Z/28...

Here's hopin' you feel better soon...
I know it is good, just as good as ABS vs. no ABS however, it needs to be competitive and able to compete. ZL1 owners will be disappointed if they indeed intend to race, no need to spread that disappointment to the Z28. They are gonna be really let down when they see the SCCA's take on superchargers.

Last edited by thePill; 09-14-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #1018
Mr. Wyndham

If memory serves....the Camaro is doing quite well competing in sanctioned/recognized racing events...and there's no ZL1 OR Z28 model...I'd tend to believe both of these are tailored to the recreational racer...versus the professional one.

With regards to MR, since it was brought up - On a hypothetical Z28, I'd like to see it as an available option. Much like the GS Corvette offers.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #1019
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

MR, as an option, will allow the Base Z/28 the opportunity to maintain/achieve a more realistic starting price-point. For those who might truly use it as a DD, it might be a worthy consideration. Since the ZL1 features it, adding the option to a ZEE would not be an onerous task.

But a "competent" enhanced FE4 is mandatory...for a starting point.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #1020
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
MR, as an option, will allow the Base Z/28 the opportunity to maintain/achieve a more realistic starting price-point. For those who might truly use it as a DD, it might be a worthy consideration. Since the ZL1 features it, adding the option to a ZEE would not be an onerous task.

But a "competent" enhanced FE4 is mandatory...for a starting point.
Well...yeaa-ahh...otherwise we could just buy a '12 SS...
Old 09-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #1021
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

...competent enhanced FE4...and that-there EL ESS SEBEN en-gine, 'n some HD tidbits to whoa/corner with...
Old 09-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #1022
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
What are your thoughts?

I'd buy one factory built now!
I would definitely trade in my SS if it had an LS7

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro