Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Dynatech or AHR, what would you do?

Dynatech would be about $500 cheaper. This is a show/street car. I have no intention of racing or smoke shows.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
RogerBzSS

Drives: 11 IBM n White 2SS/RS M6
Dynatech's Ceramic Coated IMPO Good Quality Good Performance Great Price!!
Black CIA -Powder Coated Red Air Scoop - Vmax Ported Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Dynatek Headers - High Flow Cats out thru factory Cat Back - JRE rough idle cam package - Trunion Upgrade - Valve Springs - Hardened Push rods - 3 bolt timing gear - SLP Under drive pully- Washer bottle relo kit - Hurst Short Throw Shifter with updated pin bushing from C5 member NH-SS - IdealG's improved Master Cylinder - GTO Clutch reservoir - L99 Brake Reservoir - Stainless Braided clutch line - wrapped up with a JRE Tune My SS layed down 462 hp on JRE's Superflow Dyno
RogerBzSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

I just got off the phone with Jannetty, they linked me your vid as to what my car would most sound like.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 08-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Stainless Works or Stainless Power. I'm biased though, but really good quality an competitive pricing on either.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
RogerBzSS

I think the difference in TONE / DB between headers is negligible, if all else is equal..

same car same motor specs NA just different headers tone and db would be similar
hp may differ slightly between Header MFG but IMPO nothing you'd see / feel to say shit seat of the pants feel is that much difference. that said IMPO a 10% hp increase difference between LT headers of teh same primary sizes

unless there is a difference in primary size 2" or 1 7/8 primaries and motor specs..

NA = 1 7/8's = good

FI 2" is needed to move the extra air..
Black CIA -Powder Coated Red Air Scoop - Vmax Ported Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Dynatek Headers - High Flow Cats out thru factory Cat Back - JRE rough idle cam package - Trunion Upgrade - Valve Springs - Hardened Push rods - 3 bolt timing gear - SLP Under drive pully- Washer bottle relo kit - Hurst Short Throw Shifter with updated pin bushing from C5 member NH-SS - IdealG's improved Master Cylinder - GTO Clutch reservoir - L99 Brake Reservoir - Stainless Braided clutch line - wrapped up with a JRE Tune My SS layed down 462 hp on JRE's Superflow Dyno

Last edited by RogerBzSS; 08-06-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I would go with any of the major brands and make sure to get them ceramic coated.

Don't forget to price out Maryland Speed on his KOOKS that are ceramic coated. He was running a special a while back and it made them very competitively priced.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Louis @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 2009 CG Z06
Im pretty sure Blu808 is running some specials on the LG Pro longtubes for the camaros.
Louis @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks guys. I am scheduled to have Jannetty install the JRE 470 Cam Package and headers, just trying to decide on which pair. They also suggested upgrading to the 1,000 rwhp axel. I was told that the stock could snap under abuse. I don't plan on smoking the tires, but think it may be a good idea to do that too just to be on the safe side. If I did snap an axel it would be a logistical hassle to have to flat bed it to Jannetty.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 08-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #9
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
Thanks guys. I am scheduled to have Jannetty install the JRE 470 Cam Package and headers, just trying to decide on which pair. They also suggested upgrading to the 1,000 rwhp axel. I was told that the stock could snap under abuse. I don't plan on smoking the tires, but think it may be a good idea to do that too just to be on the safe side. If I did snap an axel it would be a logistical hassle to have to flat bed it to Jannetty.
I'm guessing M6?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Ya sorry, I have a M6 LS3 with a CAI cold air and Corsa.

I have no intention of ever racing this or doing smoke shows. I just drive it around town mostly, some high ways and shows.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 08-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
Jim Burke

Drives: 45th 2SS Coupe
I bought a set of Dynatech LT headers for my Sierra. Assuming the same build quality goes into all of their products, they are awesome headers. Excellent fit and finish and a decent price.

I have no experience with ARH so I can't offer up an opinion.

Either way you go it will perform, sound and look awesome.
Jim Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Ya sorry, I have a M6 LS3 with a CAI cold air and Corsa.

I have no intention of ever racing this or doing smoke shows. I just drive it around town mostly, some high ways and shows.
I don't see how you're gonna break an axle if you don't drive around dumping the clutch. Which it seems you don't. It would be great peace of mind to have them in though.

I'd have Dynatech's on my car if they made a 2" header.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks, that was what I was thinking, the piece of mind. Just in case my foot accidently slips of the clutch. I have the blessing of the bride~

I remember reading that AHR headers are made out of a grade of SS that will never rust. I can't seem to find that number know.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 08-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #14
RogerBzSS

Quote:
Yeah the 1000 hp axles is something I should have done while it was there
I have rotated the the tires hard a few times on a closed private street but rare occasion, but It does see significant hard accelerations up the on ramps to get to cruise speeds with some good spin thru 2nd gear!!!

However the axles gears "3:91 or 3:73's" trail arms toe rods and some suspension work is on the next list to accomplish before I break an axle and or something in the rearend

but if you're not gona stick ya foot in it hard n at launch or 1st / 2nd gear hard pulls you'll be fine!!