Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
InsanelyyBored

Drives: 2012 2LT RS Inferno Orange Camaro
2LT RS Camaro vs STOCK MUSTANG, come on!

Help me out, guys. This kid at my school is trying to argue that his STOCK 2012 MUSTANG is cooler than my 2012 2LT RS Camaro. I drafted up a list of vitals and spec comparisons. Did I cover all the bases? PDF attached.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Camaro vs Mustang.pdf (123.8 KB, 491 views)
InsanelyyBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Camaro looks cooler and is the better car IMO, but the mustang is faster. (stock vs stock of course.) Nice PDF, you left out the Camaros drawbacks though, like weight, 1/4 time, price, etc. The Mustangs stats are more detailed, as if taken directly from fords website, while the Camaros specs look like you typed them yourself. He might not believe your write up because of this. (unless he looks on his smart phone lol)
Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Question, you quote 0-60 in 6.0 for the Camaro and 5.9 for the msuatng, but you state the Camaro beats the mustang?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
jlawrence613

Drives: 2011 V6 Premium Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanelyyBored View Post
Help me out, guys. This kid at my school is trying to argue that his STOCK 2012 MUSTANG is cooler than my 2012 2LT RS Camaro. I drafted up a list of vitals and spec comparisons. Did I cover all the bases? PDF attached.
How does one even begin to compile an arguement to prove coolness?

Is it cool your car is:
200lbs heavier,
likely slower (in stock form),
more expensive

or is his car less cool
because it has M6 transmission issues
wasnt featured in 3 totally rad, wicked awesome, amazo movies?

How do you measure cool these days? Would James Dean drive either of these cars?
Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, Airaid CAI, Boss 302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 2010 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555, BBK Longtube Headers O/R X-pipe Up next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Mustang GT 2.75" Overaxle pipe.
2011 Ford Mustang V6: 13.258 @ 107.45 MPH Uncorrected
jlawrence613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence613 View Post
How does one even begin to compile an arguement to prove coolness?

Is it cool your car is:
200lbs heavier,
likely slower (in stock form),
more expensive

or is his car less cool
because it has M6 transmission issues
wasnt featured in 3 totally rad, wicked awesome, amazo movies?

How do you measure cool these days? Would James Dean drive either of these cars?
Easy now, don't hate on the camaro on a camaro forum you mustang owner

Oh and OP, expect major biased posts from a camaro forum. I like both cars, the mustang is wayyy faster in stock forum, and both are good looking cars.
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
SinisterEcho

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10RsCamaro View Post
Easy now, don't hate on the camaro on a camaro forum you mustang owner

Oh and OP, expect major biased posts from a camaro forum. I like both cars, the mustang is wayyy faster in stock forum, and both are good looking cars.
I like them both.. equally.... I have a camaro because the deal was too good to pass up. I would be happy with either car... I even hope to have a mustang some time.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
The only cool car on the planet is the Volt, or maybe a Tesla, but nothing that burns gobs of gas making more carbon than 1000 Chinese coal fired powerplants.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #8
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Hmmm, this is like a cat & mouse game. Your debate with the kid in school may never end. My Mustang Boss 302 definitely oozes coolness... it's all stock. My Camaro SS 45th is cool and nice as well... has some minor mods. The cool factor is subjective. Most Camaro owners will be biased just like most Mustang owners will be biased. Park your cars side by side, and do a poll at your school. Post info placards if you two wish with head to head details. Unless there's a dead tie in the tally, one of you will be voted with the 'cooler' car over the other.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I recommend just growing up a bit and realizing the whole argument is pointless.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Camaro looks cooler and is the better car IMO, but the mustang is faster.
The Mustang is cheaper, easier to see out of, larger trunk, better fuel economy, faster, brakes better, and handles better. I can totally see how the Camaro is the better car

By the way, even with all of its drawbacks, the only thing that stopped me from buying a Camaro 2 years ago was the oversized shifter, goofy steering wheel, and the fact I wasn't able to fit in the car comfortably with my helmet on. Both are great cars. I'm glad the Camaro is back.

EDIT: Oh, and my pet peeve...when the Mustang guys that complain about the Camaro's visibility block out their rear 1/4 windows.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #11
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
The Mustang is cheaper, easier to see out of, larger trunk, better fuel economy, faster, brakes better, and handles better. I can totally see how the Camaro is the better car

By the way, even with all of its drawbacks, the only thing that stopped me from buying a Camaro 2 years ago was the oversized shifter, goofy steering wheel, and the fact I wasn't able to fit in the car comfortably with my helmet on. Both are great cars. I'm glad the Camaro is back.

EDIT: Oh, and my pet peeve...when the Mustang guys that complain about the Camaro's visibility block out their rear 1/4 windows.
Only people with tunnel vision complain about the vis in the camaro. I have no blind spots in mine because I know how to turn my head and adjust my mirrors. And I've got enough room to fit a couple bodies in the Camaro's trunk.
The mustang is cheaper, more nimble, and faster. But the comfort was not there. The weird seat position, the harsh gear changes (I test drove an auto), the noise inside (louder ride), and the cheep feel of the interior did not leave me satisfied with the base mustang. Plus, I loved the way the Camaro looked compared to the other pony cars. As I said, the Camaro is the better car IMO, my opinion, not fact. AGAIN, my opinion. Just in case you didn't catch it the first few times.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Only people with tunnel vision complain about the vis in the camaro. I have no blind spots in mine because I know how to turn my head and adjust my mirrors. And I've got enough room to fit a couple bodies in the Camaro's trunk.
The mustang is cheaper, more nimble, and faster. But the comfort was not there. The weird seat position, the harsh gear changes (I test drove an auto), the noise inside (louder ride), and the cheep feel of the interior did not leave me satisfied with the base mustang. Plus, I loved the way the Camaro looked compared to the other pony cars. As I said, the Camaro is the better car IMO, my opinion, not fact. AGAIN, my opinion. Just in case you didn't catch it the first few times.
Got it. I do agree with comfort. Much smoother ride in the Camaro even with the bigger wheels on it from the factory. That's the first thing I noticed as well. They took care of the two things that bugged me for 2012, which were the wheel and the shifter, however, for track days, the helmet clearance was still an issue for me.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #13
PhillyLS1
Not Married to a Badge

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The Mustang's interior is light years ahead of the Camaro. The Microsoft Sync is alot of fun. The LED screen on the 13 & 14's is neat. The Mustangs come with a wideband from the factory. The "My Color" is fun.

Camaro does have a smoother ride. It should, it has an IRS. But that's where alot of the weight of the car comes from.

Looks, "cool" etc is subjective. Performance is not. I'd take a 1LE over a Boss, but that's the only category I think the 5th gen wins.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #14
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Prius is far cooler than the two combined.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote