Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Those with the Rear Cog Drive… can I hear your opinion?

Here’s the scoop, I bought the SLP TVS2300, but have yet to install it. I have never actually heard one up close, but from feedback on here it sounds like it is a quiet as a church mouse. I was really hoping that it would have a little whine to it. The obvious option for me is to install the 1:1 Rear Cog Drive. I have listened to it on YouTube and some sound good… others sound downright annoying. I know audio does not always covey the real life sound… I found that out when trying to pick my exhaust. My question to those that have went this route… any regrets? Is it annoying and to loud? or is it just awesome and you would not have it any other way?

Thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
Here’s the scoop, I bought the SLP TVS2300, but have yet to install it. I have never actually heard one up close, but from feedback on here it sounds like it is a quiet as a church mouse. I was really hoping that it would have a little whine to it. The obvious option for me is to install the 1:1 Rear Cog Drive. I have listened to it on YouTube and some sound good… others sound downright annoying. I know audio does not always covey the real life sound… I found that out when trying to pick my exhaust. My question to those that have went this route… any regrets? Is it annoying and to loud? or is it just awesome and you would not have it any other way?

Thanks
I'd rate the noise level pretty low when you're not wot. Just cruising around you can hear it but to me it's no where near annoying. At 7k rpm I guess you can hear it from the outside but at that point I'm to busy trying not to hit the wall to listen for it.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Brolik10
BLOWN!!!

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS

Between the radio, road noise, and the exhaust I actually have to listen close to hear mine. Nowhere near annoying.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
fourmz
Fourmz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1968 Firebird 1994 Z28
Love the way mine sounds. Its almost like a fair warning to other would be challengers.
Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
fourmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
If you've ever had a stereo in your car with a bad ground that picked up the alternator, where it would whine as you gave it gas. That's what the cog sounds like inside the car. I can here a slight whine inside the car at idle and cruising but nothing you cant get use to. But WOT it screams. Hard to capture it on a camera as the camera make it sound louder then it is. Here's what it sounds like under a load. This video was taking inside a building so it's louder..

Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:23 AM   #6
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
The sound is not very noticeable. Normal driving, you have to actively listen for the whine.

Just don't have the hood up and rev it with your wife/girlfriend standing next to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 AM   #7
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
OK, I appreciate your guys input. I think I will probably do it before I do my install. What is the lifespan on these belts? Is it much different that a serpentine belt? I had also heard that you have constantly adjust the tension... is that true?
Old 12-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #8
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
OK, I appreciate your guys input. I think I will probably do it before I do my install. What is the lifespan on these belts? Is it much different that a serpentine belt? I had also heard that you have constantly adjust the tension... is that true?
There is no adjusting that will need to be done. Once it's set up you're good to go. As for longevity, it will prob last you forever. I've trashed two cog belts in about 2.5 years or however long I've had them. The first one was something freaky and the last one happened on the track at 143 mph. But I have over 300 9/low 10 second passes so my blower is spinning at 18k rpms all the time. You won't have that problem.

Sorry, I'll correct the pic when I get on the computer. Damn iPhone is retarded!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Supercharged SS; 12-22-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
wowza
Old 12-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #10
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
wowza
It was the worst sound that I've heard to date with this car. It's never good when you're breaking at the back half of the track and thinking about what new engine Ill be getting!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #11
LS7 427
10.11 @ 136.32

Drives: Black & Yellow 2SS/RS LPE LS7 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
It was the worst sound that I've heard to date with this car. It's never good when you're breaking at the back half of the track and thinking about what new engine Ill be getting!
Thats probably the same feeling as when a DSS axle breaks when Teds tranny hits 3rd gear at the speed of light...lol.

Built, Tuned and Maintained By........
LS7 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
Khmero215

Drives: Victory Red 2SS
I have the same set up. I love the whine!!!! its very noticable but not annoying, IMO.
Khmero215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #13
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Mine is not very loud unless you are pushing it hard. Here is a iphone video of it at the track. In a closed in room with the hood up mine is not as loud as the video above and even under WOT it is not all that loud on my car. Here is a video of a pass with the car coming at the camera.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #14
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdmax View Post
Mine is not very loud unless you are pushing it hard. Here is a iphone video of it at the track. In a closed in room with the hood up mine is not as loud as the video above and even under WOT it is not all that loud on my car. Here is a video of a pass with the car coming at the camera.
Did you get your cog from Jessica?
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote