Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Arrow 1LE build and Journal - SUKXOST [COTW 12/31/12]

HEEERE, WEEE, GO. BTW..."SUKXOST" = (suck exhaust) :P

What's up, my name is Brandon. I'm a SSG in the US Army; currently in VA. Loved the Camaro since it came out but not until extensive reading on the 1LE did I pull the trigger. Trading up from a white turbocharged Cobalt SS(315WHP/339WTQ).

Many other mods throughout thread but below are some of the highlights:
See post #37 on page 2 for first pics/vids of my car on day of delivery

See post #105 on page 5 for start of actual build pics and baseline dyno graph @ 378WHP/377WTQ

See post #151 on page 7 for finished dyno sheet and youtube of dyno @ 577/578(since retuned)

See post #362 on page 15 for a new tune dyno @ 577/585 and a few new cosmetic mods

See post #407 AND 420 on page 17 for a cam/spring set/rods install and video...tuned to 645WHP/597WTQ

See post # 477 on page 20 for possibly the first ever 3D vinyl mod

See post #518 on page 21 for a time lapse vinyl removal video

Summit White 2013 1LE with the following:
2SS
RS Package
7" Touch screen navigation
ZL1 dual mode(NPP) exhaust
Interior pedals/cup holder illumination

One of the first pics and vid of my car

Stock drive-bys:

My build is scheduled to be complete early to mid Dec as I'm tasked in WA D.C for the Presidential Inauguration and will be for a few months so I have to work in how to pick up my 1LE; and get time off to get to NC for the build...stay tuned.....PICS below

Even before it is built, I've ordered the following:(build scheduled before Xmas):
TVS2300 with rear cog 1:1 drive system:

Supporting mods for TVS:
FIC 850 injectors for possible future upgrades(cam/rockers and springs/tune):

Active Interchiller (competition version):

Stainless Works L/T headers:

Pfadt drop springs:

RotoFab intake with oil filter:

ADM intake scoop:

RX catch can in Summit White w/ breather

A Pillar:

PROSPORT Wideband:

PROSPORT Boost gauge:

.....and the Heritage Grill in Satin black to match OEM lower grill:

Picked up some lightly used all season performance Continental 315s for winter driving

NOT part of the build but.....
GoPro HERO3 - Black Edition pre-ordered:

Shout outs so far go to:

Jessika & Brian @ http://www.superchargerconnection.com/
I CANNOT begin to express enough thanks to Brian and especially Jessika. Her specific knowledge and great reputation still doesn't give her enough respect. She answered emails, phone calls and PM's well after hours(knowing I'm eager to get my build done ASAP and needed info/parts ASAP). She is truly there for her customers and for her willingness to help.....I ordered EVERY SINGLE PART I listed above(minus the Pfadts) through her and Brian as they kept in touch with each other and helped me beyond what service I've ever got through a "vendor".
http://www.superchargerconnection.com

Jeff at Carolina Auto Masters:
http://www.carolinaautomasters.com/index.php
Jeff has been AWESOME and very informative. Offered to let me have all parts delivered direct to his shop as I'm 120ish miles away and no way I could fit everything in my car. He gave me a great quote and very knowledgeable. Stated that knowing his customers and their cars is more important to him than just pushing out tons of cars. He's very familiar with Gen5's and has built MANY of them. He recommended parts and tuning specifics for my build goals and the nicest guy you can imagine! Thanks again Jeff and I'll see you in a few weeks with my 1LE :P

Chase @ Apex:
Great deal on 2 sets of drop springs(a buddy and I)shipped. Great guy and very helpful, Thanks man!
http://www.apex-speed.com/pfadt-race...s-1410126.html

Dave @ http://www.activeinterchiller.com/
contact him @ dspurlo1@tampabay.rr.com
He gave me a great deal(through Jessika)and gave me some great intel vs the RX version and the decision was clear to me that his product and service is superior. I'm so excited to get it installed on my 1LE :P Thanks again Dave!

Last edited by SUKXOST; 12-18-2013 at 05:03 PM.
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Can't wait to see it all come together. Thanks for your business and I look forward to working with you in the future.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Bad Ass.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Subscribed.

So what is the chiller for, not familiar with how it works and what it does? Also, is the need for the catch can because of the supercharger?

Looking forward to this upcoming week man, hopefully with our cars built.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Subscribed.

So what is the chiller for, not familiar with how it wirks and what it does? Also, is the need for the catch can because of the supercharger?

Looking forward to this upcoming week man, hopefully with our cars built.
The chiller works with your AC unit and significantly decreases your intake temps to help eliminate heat soak and help with maintaining HP :P

Yes, boosted cars are seemingly more and more in need of a catch can as I've seen many threads of evidence and people swearing by them.

Yep, just days now instead of WEEKS :P
Old 10-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Brandon, thank you for the kind words. You definitely brought a smile to my face this morning. I pride myself on my customer service & attention to detail. It is customers like you that make my job fun & exciting. Too many people hunt for the absolute lowest price, buy something & are never heard from again. I hate that! Your enthusiasm and drive truly makes it all worth it.

I look forward to watching your build and helping in any way I can! We are glad that CAM is working out for you!!! I know he's built some badass rides!

Thank you again for your support!
Thank you again for your service to our country! (Inauguration?! How cool is THAT)
Thank you for everything!

-Jess

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargerConnection View Post
Brandon, thank you for the kind words. You definitely brought a smile to my face this morning. I pride myself on my customer service & attention to detail. It is customers like you that make my job fun & exciting. Too many people hunt for the absolute lowest price, buy something & are never heard from again. I hate that! Your enthusiasm and drive truly makes it all worth it.

I look forward to watching your build and helping in any way I can! We are glad that CAM is working out for you!!! I know he's built some badass rides!

Thank you again for your support!
Thank you again for your service to our country! (Inauguration?! How cool is THAT)
Thank you for everything!

-Jess

You're very welcome. Keep me in mind as I'll need rockers/springs next yr sometime but we already have some identified that you can get me possibly. This build is gonna be great. I just hope that this detail will allow me to get away and be as much as a part of the build as I can.

I wanna learn about the car as it's built and take pics and vids and post results/dyno sheets. Give feedback and be able to answer questions that people will undoubtedly have for me. Jeff said it will take a full two days and possibly into a 3rd so I'm going to try to get some leave approved and schedule the build about mid Dec. That way I can get a bunch of heat cycles through the car and some break in miles.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #8
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Hey brother! Thank you for your service. Have fun with your build and stay safe.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #9
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Hey brother! Thank you for your service. Have fun with your build and stay safe.
Thanks man! It's an honor to serve. Military is great but I'm DONE @ 20yrs :P 7 1/2 more years to go :P

I can't wait to feel this car pull! Gonna be fun pullin up to some 505hp vettes and KNOWING they don't stand a chance :P
Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Selling off the TC Cobalt for this upgrade...she will be missed:
(I had the 1LE concept on my Cobalt first) LOL JK

Can ya tell I like white and black?

That to this =
Old 10-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
You're very welcome. Keep me in mind as I'll need rockers/springs next yr sometime but we already have some identified that you can get me possibly. This build is gonna be great. I just hope that this detail will allow me to get away and be as much as a part of the build as I can.

I wanna learn about the car as it's built and take pics and vids and post results/dyno sheets. Give feedback and be able to answer questions that people will undoubtedly have for me. Jeff said it will take a full two days and possibly into a 3rd so I'm going to try to get some leave approved and schedule the build about mid Dec. That way I can get a bunch of heat cycles through the car and some break in miles.
I'm here for you. You know that whatever you need

Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #12
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Subscribed.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #13
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Subscribed.

Can't wait to see this develop
Old 10-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #14
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Congrats on your upcoming build and definitely subscribed I'm looking forward to hearing your progress and future input with that white lightning rod your car will be.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote