Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #5629
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
SGMP would be great or even better might be ZMax in Charlotte. 4 Lanes wide drag racing. That could rock.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #5630
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
SGMP would be great or even better might be ZMax in Charlotte. 4 Lanes wide drag racing. That could rock.
M-

It would be awesome to have it at ZMax but I know when the C5 Mods were trying to negotiate with Brunton Smith & Co. they wanted a huge amount of money. SGMP loves C5 and gives us a great price. Plus as you know it is one of the few all concrete tracks.

Sorry you couldn't make it to C5Fest3. We are both kind of in the same boat this year. Looking forward to future events.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #5631
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
I'd bet C5Fest4 will be someplace like TX or maybe St. Louis. If not one of those, then Valdosta would be my vote. They are incredibly hospitable and SGMP is a great track. You definitely need to go...
valdosta was great, but since we had the first one there, i'd guess it'll be a little while longer before they go there again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Texas would great, even better (for me) would be at the new track down here, NOLA Motorsports park, its a 3mile road course now, and will be nearly 6 miles when the next phase is done, huge! And the drag strip leads on to the track so you can do a lap if you want after the 1/4.

Its also got the biggest karting track in the world, which I think would be amazing for C5Fest. Plus its 20 mins from the french quarter/bourbon street.
so NOLA's open now? i wanted to go there when i was in p'cola, but it was behind schedule and still being built when i had time to race & then i PCSd to TX. :(

how's the track?

Quote:
M-

It would be awesome to have it at ZMax but I know when the C5 Mods were trying to negotiate with Brunton Smith & Co. they wanted a huge amount of money. SGMP loves C5 and gives us a great price. Plus as you know it is one of the few all concrete tracks.
yeah, so long as some arab racing team don't try to buy the weekend out from under us again
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #5632
SRT5939
Srt 5939

Drives: 2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange
Quote:
M-

Sorry you couldn't make it to C5Fest3. We are both kind of in the same boat this year. Looking forward to future events.
your not there?
I thought the car was ready, I saw some vids of it driving around the street.
I'm still down since Feb.
Wish I was in Indy right now.
Mike took the ZL1 but he is having trans issues with his brand new trans, something with the TCM.
SGMP is a great track to violate the rules. LOL
PWR 393
F1D Pro Charger
250 DP N2O
Builder Bill Nag1
GForce 9" 390
Tunned By Brent at DTP
Home of the Fastest Hemi's in the World
SRT5939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #5633
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
I have heard a lot of good things about the NOLA track. A lot of where C5Fest is depends on the deal the track managers are willing to make. To get a NHRA track for $5k is a lot better than one for $25k for the event.
Definitely, If there is a deal to be made, I would do my best. Ive known the owner for years, I detailed all of his cars while I was in college, and my mother-in-law is the CFO/Manager. Hes a family friend.

I gave a heads up to the mods about the track, hopefully it gets considered.

Is 5k really all Lucas Oil charged for the fest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
valdosta was great, but since we had the first one there, i'd guess it'll be a little while longer before they go there again.

so NOLA's open now? i wanted to go there when i was in p'cola, but it was behind schedule and still being built when i had time to race & then i PCSd to TX. :(

how's the track?

yeah, so long as some arab racing team don't try to buy the weekend out from under us again
It was behind scedule for all of the beginning stuff, cutting trees down, soil stabilization, foundation, but once that got done, you could blink and not recognize it. Went up fast.

Ive only had my car for a little while, so Ive only been on a ride along on the track. Its amazing, alot fo big companies are now using it solely for testing and unveiling. That new subaru wbr or w/e was unveiled there. Ducati uses it for all their bike stuff.

The first drag event was a week ago to see how it went and they got a big crowd, so they are putting more money into that.

The owner spared no expense when he was doing, and had all kinds of physicists and crap and him personally designing the track material. One of the top track designers in the world, Alan Wilson if i remember, designed the track as well.

They have a dyno and shop on site, and real restaurants, and the karting track is a lot of fun.

I think it wouldnt be a big deal money wise, but I am concerned about parking for that many cars. As it started as more of a country club/corporate event place than a spectator eventing place. But it has tons of room, I may be underestimating the parking.

http://www.nolamotor.com/
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #5634
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

True...

how's the track?

I know it opened. Don't know how good the surface is.

No $#!t... Al Anabi... But to be fair they practically subsidized C5 with the money they probably spent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT5939 View Post
your not there?
I thought the car was ready, I saw some vids of it driving around the street. It is home. I haven't been until today. Have to mod the Lower Control Arms to put on the MT 345's and then will start tuning suspension, etc. at track.
I'm still down since Feb. Bummer Jon... What are you doing with your Chally now ? It ran like a rocket.
Wish I was in Indy right now. I hear ya there.
Mike took the ZL1 but he is having trans issues with his brand new trans, something with the TCM. Whoa, that sucks.
SGMP is a great track to violate the rules. Yeah, two little dogs for the ride along. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Definitely, If there is a deal to be made, I would do my best. Ive known the owner for years, I detailed all of his cars while I was in college, and my mother-in-law is the CFO/Manager. Hes a family friend. Very cool...

I gave a heads up to the mods about the track, hopefully it gets considered. Make sure you ping them again after this fest and get a true number that would be charged for the track.

Is 5k really all Lucas Oil charged for the fest? Don't know. I was talking SGMP.

It was behind scedule for all of the beginning stuff, cutting trees down, soil stabilization, foundation, but once that got done, you could blink and not recognize it. Went up fast.

Ive only had my car for a little while, so Ive only been on a ride along on the track. Its amazing, alot fo big companies are now using it solely for testing and unveiling. That new subaru wbr or w/e was unveiled there. Ducati uses it for all their bike stuff.

The first drag event was a week ago to see how it went and they got a big crowd, so they are putting more money into that.

The owner spared no expense when he was doing, and had all kinds of physicists and crap and him personally designing the track material. One of the top track designers in the world, Alan Wilson if i remember, designed the track as well.

They have a dyno and shop on site, and real restaurants, and the karting track is a lot of fun.

I think it wouldnt be a big deal money wise, but I am concerned about parking for that many cars. As it started as more of a country club/corporate event place than a spectator eventing place. But it has tons of room, I may be underestimating the parking. If it has pits for racing, it will have enough parking. How close are major hotels?

http://www.nolamotor.com/
Thanks for the info V.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #5635
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
When can i c the BEAST?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #5636
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I heard you were back from Brazil...

DE found some pretty cool arms, are you looking at the same arms, or similar?
Old 08-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #5637
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Hey Bruce, I was working yesterday and will be again today on mounting the radiator under the rad support like yours. I've pretty much massaged, cut and shaped the surrounding areas to allow the radiator to sit further forward. I got stomped on the AC condenser and how I'm going to run the hard lines. Rest assure that I've been studying the pics on your journal. So thanks you for taking your time to post them.

Question for you, do you have any pics of how the AC lines run from the condenser to the compressor and firewall.

Thanks again for your advice via PM, I truly appreciate your input!

Nathan

Here a pic of the radiator tucked in.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  101.5 KB
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #5638
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Just watched your NRE Video...the 27 minute one.

Hands down...sickness.
Ivan

BTW-Love Tom's "Bitchin Gatorade eatin Sandwhich" narrative....lol
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #5639
SRT5939
Srt 5939

Drives: 2008 SRT8 Challenger Hemi Orange
Wow man that sucks I thought for sure you would be there and be top dog this year.
My car is pretty much all new agian. The rear is a new 8.8 with 3.23, the trans got rebuilt stronger with all the bilet stuff.
I lifeted the head gasket on my mad dash from Ft. Myers to Philly back in April, so I decided to send the engine back to Tony for a complete refresh.
I bought Jim Wrobble's 3.6 Kenne Bell and have Cam doing some one off custom mods to it. Trying to drop the IAT's and get the car into the 8's.
I want an 8 second full interior street car.
Should be ready for the shootout at VMP late sept.

Can't wait to see you hit the track bud, sorry I missed the CF% deal this year. I'm going to back of and only make certian events next year, so hope to get to the next CF5
PWR 393
F1D Pro Charger
250 DP N2O
Builder Bill Nag1
GForce 9" 390
Tunned By Brent at DTP
Home of the Fastest Hemi's in the World
SRT5939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #5640
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
When can i c the BEAST?
I am going to take it to Five Guys Palm Bay next Thursday...
Can you come up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I heard you were back from Brazil...

DE found some pretty cool arms, are you looking at the same arms, or similar?
Nice. Yeah, been 'out of touch' for quite some time. Yes. Nice, small LCRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Hey Bruce, I was working yesterday and will be again today on mounting the radiator under the rad support like yours. I've pretty much massaged, cut and shaped the surrounding areas to allow the radiator to sit further forward. I got stomped on the AC condenser and how I'm going to run the hard lines. Rest assure that I've been studying the pics on your journal. So thanks you for taking your time to post them.

Question for you, do you have any pics of how the AC lines run from the condenser to the compressor and firewall.

Thanks again for your advice via PM, I truly appreciate your input!

Nathan

Here a pic of the radiator tucked in.
I will dig around the photos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Just watched your NRE Video...the 27 minute one.

Hands down...sickness.
Ivan

BTW-Love Tom's "Bitchin Gatorade eatin Sandwhich" narrative....lol
Thanks Ivan. Yes, the "Bitchin Gatorade eatin Sandwhich" comment was hilarious. He knows all the crap we get for the Sammich machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT5939 View Post
Wow man that sucks I thought for sure you would be there and be top dog this year.
My car is pretty much all new agian. The rear is a new 8.8 with 3.23, the trans got rebuilt stronger with all the bilet stuff.
I lifeted the head gasket on my mad dash from Ft. Myers to Philly back in April, so I decided to send the engine back to Tony for a complete refresh.
I bought Jim Wrobble's 3.6 Kenne Bell and have Cam doing some one off custom mods to it. Trying to drop the IAT's and get the car into the 8's.
I want an 8 second full interior street car.
Should be ready for the shootout at VMP late sept.

Can't wait to see you hit the track bud, sorry I missed the CF% deal this year. I'm going to back of and only make certian events next year, so hope to get to the next CF5
Awesome Jon. Looking forward to hanging with you again. You're a fun dude...
Old 08-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #5641
Vette TPI

Drives: 1987 Corvette TPI
Hey B how are things going still? Also curious what kind of shifter you have?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #5642
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Just noticed the last line in your sig.....

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo