Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #99
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
You covered your own butt with the pics....otherwise you or the world may have ever known the truth....I bet they don't let anyone else in the service area with a means of taking photos
hunter1660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #100
pmandeep

Drives: 2013 VR 2LT/RS
Good Luck with it man.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #101
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Apparently I was dealing with the shop foreman yesterday that told me the damage was only cosmetic.

The actual service manager called me a couple hours ago and said he is going to attempt to get me a new motor instead of repairing this one.

I'm hopeful they will do the right thing and replace the entire motor.

Hopefully the transmission is okay as well

Hey finally stopped gragging their feet! I hope you get the new motor! If not just buy my 5.0!
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #102
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Apparently I was dealing with the shop foreman yesterday that told me the damage was only cosmetic.

The actual service manager called me a couple hours ago and said he is going to attempt to get me a new motor instead of repairing this one.

Good Luck Brother,

Sorry you have to go through this....

Lets hope the service manager is up to the task.... of a new motor...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #103
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:

Did you know he was the "shop foreman"? Did he tell you he was the shop foreman?

Always deal with the Service Manager when you're unhappy! lesson for everyone in this! Hold the boss accountable! They're the boss for a reason!

I hate to hear stories like this! I can't imagine why a business would act this way. It sure seems by your story that they would have B.S.'d you straight out the door with a (possible) junk motor! Why?!

I hope you get what you need to be happy, and then some icing, after all this!
Old 06-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #104
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
You covered your own butt with the pics....otherwise you or the world may have ever known the truth....I bet they don't let anyone else in the service area with a means of taking photos
Again, no reason it should have ever come to that. Ridiculous!

They better have cops there if they don't allow me to see MY car, no matter where it is. No way.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #105
WE485

Drives: 2010 SS
Chuck Nash is a reputable dealer. I'm sure they will take care of you. unfortunately things happen in this business.

1996 Z28
04 GTO
2010 SS
2011 Avalanche
WE485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #106
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Did you know he was the "shop foreman"? Did he tell you he was the shop foreman?

Always deal with the Service Manager when you're unhappy! lesson for everyone in this! Hold the boss accountable! They're the boss for a reason!

I hate to hear stories like this! I can't imagine why a business would act this way. It sure seems by your story that they would have B.S.'d you straight out the door with a (possible) junk motor! Why?!

I hope you get what you need to be happy, and then some icing, after all this!
He didn't misrepresent himself but I thought he was the boss as I had been dealing with the Asst. Service Manager and I assumed he was the higher up. I was sent to him when I was unhappy so I thought...

And I can assure everyone here that my story is 100% accurate. Many folks on here know me and know I'm a straight-shootin' no BS kind of guy.

I really was STUNNED when the foreman told me the pistons wouldn't be replaced while we were standing there looking at the damage.

Oh and by the way. While I was there in the shop. My parts that I spent GOOD money on and/or had painted Synergy Green:

1LE oil separator
RX Catch can
Vmax Throttle body
CAI Intake

Were LYING on the shop floor with other parts laying on top of them and oil/coolant on and around them. So I'm sure I'll have to have those repainted.

Those parts should have been taken better care of.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #107
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
I think people in this thread need to cool off for a minute, the motor is fine, there's no real reason for a new block, rods, crank etc. If the car wasn't under warranty would you replace the block? Didn't think so.

If they won't buy you new pistons, that's something that's largely debatable, it really isn't structural damage, but I would replace them. If they won't buy the part, at least get them to install pistons of your choice that you purchase. No reason to get out of the car, it is perfectly repairable and it won't hurt the car at all to have it rebuilt.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #108
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
I think people in this thread need to cool off for a minute, the motor is fine, there's no real reason for a new block, rods, crank etc. If the car wasn't under warranty would you replace the block? Didn't think so.

If they won't buy you new pistons, that's something that's largely debatable, it really isn't structural damage, but I would replace them. If they won't buy the part, at least get them to install pistons of your choice that you purchase. No reason to get out of the car, it is perfectly repairable and it won't hurt the car at all to have it rebuilt.
I'm sorry but I don't want to be driving around knowing the damaged pistons are in there. That might be cool in your car, not for me. I brought the car to them with pistons that weren't damaged, I expect the car back in the same condition.

Do you KNOW for sure there is nothing else hurt in the bottom end of the motor? Can you personally guarantee that?

If they didn't install the cam/lifters correctly, do you REALLY think replacing pistons and rebuilding the heads is a good idea? Didn't think so.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #109
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
It's not just the pistons, it's the fact that pistons HIT something suddenly and that may have caused damage related to that impact other than direct damage to the piston tops. Can't tell unless you tear it all down! At that point, why put the customer through this?

Makes my struggles with GM in getting my clunky front end fixed seem minor, and I wish you the best.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #110
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't want to be driving around knowing the damaged pistons are in there. That might be cool in your car, not for me. I brought the car to them with pistons that weren't damaged, I expect the car back in the same condition.

Do you KNOW for sure there is nothing else hurt in the bottom end of the motor? Can you personally guarantee that?

If they didn't install the cam/lifters correctly, do you REALLY think replacing pistons and rebuilding the heads is a good idea? Didn't think so.
If I had ptv clearance issues in my LSX, no way I would replace the motor I'd redo what needed to be and move on. Those valves are gonna give before a rod, the bottom end is fine, at most you need pistons.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #111
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
This totally blows man, hope you get it al worked out
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #112
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
unbelievable! they mess up your motor and then want to walk away from it and only replace the valves? Good luck man. stories like this are what keep me from buying domestic. with the exception of my camaro
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuck nash sucks