Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #141
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindingillusion View Post
I don't give a damn if some one drives and Auto or a Manual. I was just simply pointing out the fact that you can not compare a dragster's automatic to an everyday automatic.
Agreed,

I was simply trying to connect the dots for some people as to why autos are percieved to be faster. That's why I concluded my post with "the car isn't good for anything else" as in daily driver.

Didn't mean to fire you up.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:41 AM   #142
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
someone started off on the right track above; something about "winning a category"...the moment you start categorizing this stuff - It just becomes unfair. Because, honestly - much like colors, what one person likes for his/her own reasons, may not be the same thing another person likes. I'm not biased either way....yet.

There is no "winner" in the Auto v/ Manual argument.

However, at the risk of sounding somewhat "rainbowy" The very fact that this thread has existed thus far without a firefight is a very strong statement about the people here...You're all winners in my book. Thank you.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:02 AM   #143
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!! I'M FASTER IN MY M6 THAN ANY AUTO OUT THERE!!!

OK, I'm kidding...sheeesh...

I say we settle this on the track when we all get out cars...do a meet...go to the track and stock for stock...auto vs manual. I'd be happy to drive the manual. I'm not saying who's going to win... . But, it'd sure be a helluva night!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #144
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
I'm Game!!!!!
neo2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #145
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
someone started off on the right track above; something about "winning a category"...the moment you start categorizing this stuff - It just becomes unfair. Because, honestly - much like colors, what one person likes for his/her own reasons, may not be the same thing another person likes. I'm not biased either way....yet.

There is no "winner" in the Auto v/ Manual argument.

However, at the risk of sounding somewhat "rainbowy" The very fact that this thread has existed thus far without a firefight is a very strong statement about the people here...You're all winners in my book. Thank you.
Sounds alot like the SS vs Z28 debate. Or even older, apples vs oranges. The better one depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I like Z28's and apples (though not specifically at the same time). they better because they are good for more than one thing. But just like you can't quite compare apples to oranges, you can't quite compare automatics and manuals in a general sense.

Anyhoo . . . 2009 CAMARO (WHITE) NO CAMO - showing underbody and lights closeups
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #146
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Not to continue straying from the original topic, but I can't remember if I already commented regarding this, but stock for stock, I think a manual will be an auto'. I don't recall many magazine articles that have had better performance numbers with autos' but there is just a lot more left to driver error with a manual. I'll be the first to admit driving a manual is more fun, and racing is more still, however, if you put a stalled converter in an auto, it'll whup-up on a manual pretty good. That's not the point, so I digress.

So how about that white Proto'?...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:47 AM   #147
Briancamaro

Drives: 84 camaro
Anyone see that the lower front grill is not set back as much as the Concept?
Briancamaro is offline   Reply With Quote