Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #127
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
I can think of one way furd can "re-fire that nostalgic feeling" [just for 4 coolman]

An interior change with the key in the dash.
[I really really really really miss that.]

Why not; Lexus is pusing cars just for having a push button on the dash.
But fail to show ya still need keys.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #128
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
If you read the article while they were laid off from the Mustang plant, Ford has opened 1200 Jobs at the Explorer Plant and will be opening 1000 at a battery plant and all these laid off workers get first crack at them. It may be a little longer commute, but these people are not out of work.
This. The production is still up but they do not need the number of workers there. So these displace employee's will get first crack at the other plants. Ford stock even increase which is great for us stockholders. So I would not say its all doom and gloom.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #129
Memaat
Proud Dad of 3 Kids

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM w/Red Stripes, Opt Fangs
Mustangs go on regardless

There are only two types of people period. Your either mustang or camaro. There is no switching back and forth. To insinuate mustang buyers are being converted to camaro buyers is a huge stretch of the imagination. Nobody lost a job either as they will just shuffle workers around the local area to other plants or assembly lines. I pushed my Chevy mini-van past the mustang dealer for over two years waiting for a camaro. I never glanced over at the mustangs once...not once.

Living Life
Old 02-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #130
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memaat View Post
There are only two types of people period. Your either mustang or camaro. There is no switching back and forth. To insinuate mustang buyers are being converted to camaro buyers is a huge stretch of the imagination. Nobody lost a job either as they will just shuffle workers around the local area to other plants or assembly lines. I pushed my Chevy mini-van past the mustang dealer for over two years waiting for a camaro. I never glanced over at the mustangs once...not once.
Believe it or not, there are many here who can appreciate both. Myself included.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #131
Memaat
Proud Dad of 3 Kids

I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Believe it or not, there are many here who can appreciate both. Myself included.
I do appreciate both. My point is you are either left or right handed........camaro or mustang.

Living Life
Old 02-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #132
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
You under-estimate people's desire to get the "latest n' greatest" at all costs, I believe.

And there are some that just love seeing the Chally, Stang, and Maro on the roads again (or for the first time, depending on age), as they are all American!

You say you never glanced over, but I bet somewhere down inside... you have for 'the competition'! Game ON!!

Edit: And lets hope it never get there, but if your choice was only between a Mustang and some Ricer or Euro-trash, your choice?
Old 02-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #133
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
I do appreciate both. My point is you are either left or right handed........camaro or mustang.
I still disagree with it as a general statement.

In my case, GM and Ford are just as good as one another in terms of being domestic and putting out good cars.
I simply have reasons for picking GM as my favorite manufacturer, blind loyalty is not one of them.

Were there no Camaro...I'd probably be saving up for a Mustang right now.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #134
thejoker1232

Drives: furture 1LT synergy green camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to thejoker1232
now those 900 ford workers should come to chevy and help put out the z28 and get a little piece of what they have been missing.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #135
REAPER SS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO BLK 2SS/L99
Hey, no offense but Chevy shut down plants permanently, so 900 laid off could be alot worse.

On another note the 2011 Mustang GT vs 2010-2011 Camaro SS will make for a nasty grudge match. I see them being neck to neck as far as performance wise
Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 PM   #136
Memaat
Proud Dad of 3 Kids

Blind Loyalty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I still disagree with it as a general statement.

In my case, GM and Ford are just as good as one another in terms of being domestic and putting out good cars.
I simply have reasons for picking GM as my favorite manufacturer, blind loyalty is not one of them.

Were there no Camaro...I'd probably be saving up for a Mustang right now.
So for me its not picking GM as my favorite manufacturer as well, but rather Blind Loyalty? You like to argue lol.

Living Life
Old 02-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #137
dannkimmel

Drives: 1lt,rjt,m6 &2004 harley
my intrest in the camaro goes back to 1967 when my father bought one.
i have wanted one ever since and untill the gen 5 came out i had not thought about it much.the kids are grown now and i think i really will enjoy this car now.
however i was looking at mustangs a couple years ago i like em i like the challanger also.(came close to picking up a used stang.)
im retired from a now closed delco plant so as soon as i saw this car i new what i was gonna finally do.
the mustang is always going to be good competition its 7up to chevy now to be sure the camaro stays out front...it wouldnt be any fun with out the compitition........order date 1-7 10....1lt

Last edited by dannkimmel; 02-17-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: wrong date i ment 7-1 10...still saveing!!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #138
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
You under-estimate people's desire to get the "latest n' greatest" at all costs, I believe.

And there are some that just love seeing the Chally, Stang, and Maro on the roads again (or for the first time, depending on age), as they are all American!

You say you never glanced over, but I bet somewhere down inside... you have for 'the competition'! Game ON!!

Edit: And lets hope it never get there, but if your choice was only between a Mustang and some Ricer or Euro-trash, your choice?
i agree. im not tht old, but i love seeing these cars duke it out! i may not LIKE the stang, but i sure do respect those who do.

and yes, i would rather have a mustang than a ricer. but id rather walk than drive a mustang. its a confusing, chevy/GM world i live in lol
Old 02-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #139
tommygun6644

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Cobalt LT
So 900 American workers get laid off because of competition made by Canadians?

I do kinda feel like a douche when I think about it like that, but no way was I buying a Mustang.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #140
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun6644 View Post
So 900 American workers get laid off because of competition made by Canadians?
No. The Camaro was a Part of the reason...but a very small part.
It sounds like these layoffs were already in the works at that plant.