Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-30-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I was on the radio talking hybrids

One of the talk radio shows in the DC area is these two guys that area hilarious, and I love listening to them because they are around my age so I can relate to them alot...one's a console-gamer/MMA cagefighting fan and the other is a bit of a pretty boy, so they get good points-of-view arguments. They are called "Big O and Dukes".

Annnywaaaaay they were talking about gas prices and stuff yesterday and brought up an article that BMW has an X5 with a solar panel now and getting pissy that the big-3 were doing nothing for technology for us....PSHAW!

SO anyway I called in and here's the podcast:
http://www.wjfk.com/pages/1475942.php

5-29-08 Segments 07 and 08 are the ones with gas talk in them...it starts near the end of 07 if you want to hear all the talk on it, some of it is very good and again they are a good show so I don't mind plugging them.

My call was the third (next to last) on Segment 08 so if you just wanna hear me plug GM/Chevy fast forward to about the 75% mark (I'm after the redneck towtruck driver).

They murder my name, as most do (Merrill), so it's easy to tell when I'm on...hehe.

And don't murder me because they called the VOlt a sports car and I didn't debate it...I was nervous! :seesaw:
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Nice Job, very well done!!
They are right, in a sense, GM and Ford, etc needs to get out there and say "Look at what we've got! Yup, it's better than the imports."

But for next time.
The Volt: It's due out in late 2010. It's a Plug in Hybrid/range-extended electric vehicle, 40-50 mile range on JUST electricity; then the gas/ethanol/deisel generator kicks in, and extends the range to upwards of 600 miles on a tank, at more than 55mpg. More than 70% of Americans daily milage is no more than 40miles -- so under those conditions and a simple plug in every night, they'd NEVER use a drop of fuel. It's family sedan (but it looks like a sports car), and it should be priced around $35,000 - $40,000. NOT 70k...dang, where'd they get that from?

We've got a show very similar to that in our city. The station is 96.9, 97Rock; and the show's called Norton in the Morning. There's a standup comedian who talks "seriously" about things, and normal, everyday guy who's the 'star' of the show. They were doing this exact thing, hating on the Big 3. They couldn't seem to wrap their heads around the reason they're not throwing Hyrdrogen vehicles at us. "Because it's so easy to do!"

I didn't have the guts to call in at the time...next time, though

Great Job, MerF -- Awesome!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Nice!!! I can imagine that would be nerve racking.

But, I need to correct one thing. The Volt has a gas/ethanol powered engine that will run the electric motors when the batteries die. So even if you don't charge it you can still drive across the country at like 60mpg, I think.

Way to stick up for GM!!! Cool!! Nice interview.

EDIT: Damnit! Dragon beat me to it. I had answer the phone in the middle of writing my post.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Unfortunately if they actually bring out the Volt at $40k it wont matter what kind of tax incentives they give, it will be out of reach of the majority of people.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote