Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #155
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by edz10ss View Post
I guarentee the zl1 will be faster than the gt500 shelby. They will not release it til they know its better in just about every category. They have been testing it against the Ford. I was gonna put a supercharger in my ss this summer.(pro charger or paxton novi 1500) Dont know if I should just do a bunch of upgrades in my current car or buy the zl1. Don't know if I can wait another year for it to come out.
That's about what it comes down to.

There's a self-gratification that comes with modifying your own car. Absolutely. And it's YOUR car....

The ZL1 is going to be a world apart, though...it just really depends on if you value what they've put into it (that we know of so far)...and if you can wait that long.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #156
cosmobudman

Drives: Company Car.....
I really hope the suede interior is optional........just not feeling it, and might help reduce the base price as an optional item. Magnetic ride control would be VERY nice but I think the stance of the car might look better a little lower (which apparently is not possible with MRC).....so maybe that could be optional too! While we are at it how about optional jetstream blue.....and optional camaro logo to cover the bowtie on the steering wheel. Thats about it for now.
cosmobudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #157
Fleet1
Pres. H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Corvette & Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
Isn't a z06 with the z07 magnetic suspension close to $100,000?

The Z06 package is mid 90's
Fleet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #158
TXGooch21

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Can't wait to see one in person!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #159
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmobudman View Post
I really hope the suede interior is optional........just not feeling it, and might help reduce the base price as an optional item. Magnetic ride control would be VERY nice but I think the stance of the car might look better a little lower (which apparently is not possible with MRC).....so maybe that could be optional too! While we are at it how about optional jetstream blue.....and optional camaro logo to cover the bowtie on the steering wheel. Thats about it for now.

R O I G T!
Old 03-22-2011, 01:21 AM   #160
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
Hello friends! Sorry I haven't been posting much, I have been busy. I have however been reading all I can about the new ZL1 as time permits. I knew when GM failed to debut the Z28 things were going down hill, at least from my perspective. From all I have seen this will be a 50K+ car especially if loaded with all options. I believe closer to 60K+ after dealer delivery, taxes and small mods like tinted windows, breather, wheels or pulley etc etc. This is approaching TWICE what a base line 1SS goes for. Almost twice the price for an ugly front fascia, OK hood, terrible name, supercharger and factory warranty? Really? It's all been a big let down for me personally, quite likely and possibly a frame off resto of a 68 or 69 may be headed my way. I will keep you updated. I know I can have a SUPER NICE 68 or 69 with new everything including blown crate motor with lots more smiles to the dollar than the fail ZL1. Sorry as I mean no offense, and actually until I drive one I can not completely rule the ZL1 out, though it's not looking good for the ZL1 in my future.
Quick question.
I'm just courious,
Would you have liked this car better if they would have named it Z/28?

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:11 AM   #161
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I can't believe we're still talking about this...the suede is optional. From what I've read, MRC is standard.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #162
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
I can't believe we're still talking about this...the suede is optional. From what I've read, MRC is standard.
You are correct sir . There may not be as much info available on the ZL1 as we'd like, but all things considered, there is a fairly good amount out there. A lot of the arguing/wondering/debate on a lot of different issues could probably be done away with if people were to simply read the ZL1 info in the stickies or on the Chevy ZL1 site.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #163
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
the corvettes have had this for years, RPO F55, it is not standard, except on the ZR1, but u can order it on any vette,(sometimes requires an equipment upgrade, it is magna-ride, ) in the vette options, F55 magene called it magna-stic selective ride control, becky or any corvette worthy salesman, can answer this. the shocks are quite pricey if u have to replace them, but it is a very popular add-on for most vette owners, esp the ones that want the touring mode. this looks like system right out of the CTS-V. being 50k this would be a good choice for someone who was considering a base level vette. When these resell, and the prices start to drop in a year or 2, this would be a nice steal in the high or mid 30s. i think they did a nice job mechanically, and it is what a large majority of owners do already, add a supercharger, lower the car, etc. the GM benefit is its under warranty, and the magnetic select ride control would add a lot of fun to it...
just be glad they built it!!! only GM has the stones, to give us the choices they do...remember when toyota had a sports car? anyone...supra, celica GT? we are very lucky, they are even building these cars...
my 3 cents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
No, they are based on the new to Camaro suspension, that comes in the CTS-V and the Corvette. It is actually linked to the suspension pieces. Controls fluid flow/valving, etc...
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #164
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
As said before, that information is posted in a Sticky; but it was stated it would be an option. From what I've gathered from a fellow Member, who owns CTS-V - he's lowered the car with springs and it's compansated with longer (I believe that was right) struts for the wheel position sensors, so it would seem getting around the MR computer, in terms of changing ride hight, will be possible. However - GM has said this generation shock is newer than current generation MR shocks found on ZR1 and CTS-V, so who knows?... I believe it's been stated MR is STANDARD on ZL1, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron66Vette&10SS View Post
You are correct sir . There may not be as much info available on the ZL1 as we'd like, but all things considered, there is a fairly good amount out there. A lot of the arguing/wondering/debate on a lot of different issues could probably be done away with if people were to simply read the ZL1 info in the stickies or on the Chevy ZL1 site.
It's as current with all the information from GM at this point. There are only points taken either from GM published media or straight from GM officials themselves. There are a few points that I'm a little foggy on, but I can't get anymore information than what's there. At this point - it's as good as gold. When new developments reveil themselves, I'll revise the Sticky

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #165
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SG_SS View Post
the corvettes have had this for years, RPO F55, it is not standard, except on the ZR1, but u can order it on any vette,(sometimes requires an equipment upgrade, it is magna-ride, ) in the vette options, F55 magene called it magna-stic selective ride control, becky or any corvette worthy salesman, can answer this. the shocks are quite pricey if u have to replace them, but it is a very popular add-on for most vette owners, esp the ones that want the touring mode. this looks like system right out of the CTS-V. being 50k this would be a good choice for someone who was considering a base level vette. When these resell, and the prices start to drop in a year or 2, this would be a nice steal in the high or mid 30s. i think they did a nice job mechanically, and it is what a large majority of owners do already, add a supercharger, lower the car, etc. the GM benefit is its under warranty, and the magnetic select ride control would add a lot of fun to it...
just be glad they built it!!! only GM has the stones, to give us the choices they do...remember when toyota had a sports car? anyone...supra, celica GT? we are very lucky, they are even building these cars...
my 3 cents...
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I've seen replacement prices on an MR shock somewhere (I don't recall for which model though) and they were comparable to a quality coilover. Are ZR1 and CTS-V MR shocks the same as the optional F55 shocks I can recall on as far back as earlier C5s? I though these were a later generation?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #166
ZL-1

Drives: 2010 ZL-1 Camaro Concept
Nice but I think you'll see the first batch roll through at least 5k over list. I still think IMO that chevy failed on this one. You don't take the Holy Grail of Camaro's and make it a beer mug!
ZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #167
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL-1 View Post
Nice but I think you'll see the first batch roll through at least 5k over list. I still think IMO that chevy failed on this one. You don't take the Holy Grail of Camaro's and make it a beer mug!
How's that? How is it a judgment passed even before specs' and figures are even released? ZL-1 was considered the pinnacle of CAMARO technology and ZL1 is just that, and more. The competition doesn't use carbon fiber, have equal brakes, active suspension, aerodynamic tuning, and a likely host of other technology that GM hasn't released. People quick to jump the gun on something they don't know about frustrates me at times, lol. Oh well. I think there's enough interest that ZL1 is going to do quite well and represent GM and Chevrolet in a great light.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 03-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #168
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
As said before, that information is posted in a Sticky; When new developments reveil themselves, I'll revise the Sticky
Radz, I did not tell you sooner, but you did a great job not only detailing all of the technical advancements and equipment of the ZL1 but also putting together a great group of videos on the car. Thanks from all of us on a job well done !!