Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Will you able to Lease a New Camaro ?

I was wondering, I was planning on buying a new SS but I was wondering, do you think it will be possible to Lease a Camaro ? Does anyone have plans on leasing a new Camaro if it is possible to do so ? Thanks for your help
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
I don't see why not. But it's going to be hard to get a lease...

"The subsidized car leases from the Big Three that gave buyers stunningly low payments for two or three years won't be out there anymore," says Jack Nerad, executive editorial director and executive market analyst with Kelley Blue Book's online arm, kbb.com. "You can still qualify for a lease if you want to lease and have good credit by going through a bank or credit union, but the deals that were previously available with such low monthly payments are gone."

For most consumers, this means that buying just got more attractive than leasing, especially if you're looking for a low monthly payment and have excellent credit. Low rate and zero percent financing offers for 60- to 84-month loans are available and serve the Big Three's aim of transferring the potential risk of falling residual values to consumers.

The scoop
It's no secret that the Big Three are in trouble -- a combination of factors, including high gas prices and falling home values, have led to the bottom dropping out of the SUV and truck markets, which these automakers relied upon for much of their profits. To stem their losses, Detroit is taking action.

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Checkout this thread,

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=lease

There's some talk about leasing in there.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
massng

Drives: 83 Impala
Hello, Currently GM is out of the leasing business. However you maybr able to find a third party leasing company to lease it for you. Try Goggling it.
Good Luck!
massng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Wow, by the way that thread is going, its going to be pretty tough. I may just wait a little longer to buy an SS
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by massng View Post
Hello, Currently GM is out of the leasing business. However you maybr able to find a third party leasing company to lease it for you. Try Goggling it.
Good Luck!
I tried to "Goggle" once but it hurt my spleen..

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Anytime I ever looked at leasing it was only about $50-60/mo more to just buy it outright. So I personally won't bother with leasing and will be getting a conventional loan.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
I don't suggest leasing at all. I tried my first lease with my Tacoma, and I definitely regret it. Getting a loan is much easier IMO.
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #9
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
I will be leasing.
Anyone know when GMAC will start leasing again? If not by this spring, then....
Can you use your GM Card earnings even if you finance through a 3rd party bank? Have the card knock $1000 off the price, then have the 3rd party bank finance (or lease out) the remainder?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
I will be leasing.
Anyone know when GMAC will start leasing again? If not by this spring, then....
Can you use your GM Card earnings even if you finance through a 3rd party bank? Have the card knock $1000 off the price, then have the 3rd party bank finance (or lease out) the remainder?
I don't know about leasing, but they've expanded their loan coverage, so that's a bit of good news regarding GMAC general financing.

I've never understood the point of leasing unless you like getting a new car every ~3 years. (which I don't)
I'll be buying via loans.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
l008com

In short, the point of a lease is to not tie up all your money in an object that is guaranteed to lose a significant amount of it's value. Put as little money as you can into things that are going to lose value, and put as much money as you can into things that are going to increase in value.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #12
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
In short, the point of a lease is to not tie up all your money in an object that is guaranteed to lose a significant amount of it's value. Put as little money as you can into things that are going to lose value, and put as much money as you can into things that are going to increase in value.
Unfortunately this is no longer the case with leasing though GM. GM has raised the costs for leasing so high that the cost of leasing is almost the same as the cost of buying the car. As already mentioned, GM's cost of leasing now is about $50 less a month then the cost to buy the car outright and at the end of the lease you turn the car in so you have to get another car. If you paid the extra $50 a month, atleast the car would be yours and you wouldn't have to make another car payment unless you decided to get another one.

Leasing a car is like renting a house, while it may seem like a good idea in the short term, in the long run you end up paying a lot more and have nothing to show for it.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
l008com

Leasing a car is nothing like renting a house. House ALWAYS go up in value. aside from very temporary economic downturns, your house is guaranteed to gain long term value. Your car is the exact opposite, it's guaranteed to lose value. Renting a house is a bad idea because its good to pile all your money into owning a house, a house is an investment. A car is not an investment, it's an expense.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
l008com

Also you mentioned GM's lease rates being super high, but others say GM isn't doing any leases at all... soooo which is it? Do they have poor leases or no leases?