The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 07-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
Help me decide!

Hi guys!

I'm from Colombia and I currently own a 2LT/RS Camaro, and i'm in love with the C7 but it costs 120k usd here which is A LOT, there is a white C7 2LT without Z51 package at a lower price and altough white is not my favorite color, I love how the vette looks in white with crystal red stripes.

My doubt is the Z51 packages, I know it includes oil and diff cooling, bigger brakes and the MRC, i'm not someone who is planning to track it so besides the MRC (which I would want) would I need/miss it?

thanks!

(you cant deny that I love it and want it!)

and...aint it a beauty?
juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
JoshuaKM1

Drives: BMW 535i
Ha - the heart wants what the heart wants. If you love it then get it. If you're not going to track the car then the Z51 isn't necessary. That said I'm going to get the Z51 package so I can get magnetic ride control. I'm sure your peeps in Colombia will be able to see your smile from a mile away (unless you tint the windows).
JoshuaKM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
The MRC is great!

Had it on my ZL1 and now my C7.

I wouldn't be without it.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
JoshuaKM1

Drives: BMW 535i
Z51Stingray (and anyone who has it on their car) how do you like your clear/tinted roof? My dealer here in Charleston told me not to get the clear roof because the sun can be hot/bright as heck ... but I assume you can have all of that taken care of with proper tinting? Does the glass add significant weight to roof or reduce aerodynamics vs. the carbon fiber top? I thought it would look pretty cool on a night race blue ....
JoshuaKM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
10 Spot

Drives: Velocity Yellow Z51-3LT
The "clear" top is not clear. It looks blue looking up through it and almost black looking down on it. I have the body color & "clear" top and only run the "clear". It does add temp to the cockpit on bright sunny days. However, it is the only top I use & I love the way it looks. I have seen insert shades available to block the sun, on the fence about those.
Velocity Yellow Z51-3LT, Yellow Calipers, GPI Tuned, Kooks Headers & X-Pipe (no cats), Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust w/Speedway Tips Jet-Coated Black, Tinted Windows, De-Badged, Lowered, Marker Lights Tinted, Black Lugnuts.
10 Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
MRC is NOT automatically included with the Z51 package. It's actually optional. Look at your window sticker to make sure it has it.

The "clear" top is definitely warm in the sun. The A/C has to work overtime to cool off the interior of the car.

My advice is to buy an aftermarket shade for it or keep a white sheet in the car to throw over the seats so they're not so dog gone hot.

It's pretty cool at night looking up and seeing the stars and does dress up the car a little bit.

I hate it otherwise. The only reason I go it was to keep the wife happy cuz she wanted it.

BTW, why buy one in Columbia for $120K? It would be cheaper for you to fly to America, buy the car, and ship it back to Columbia. I wouldn't recommend driving it back, too many remote roadways and bad guys running around along the way who would love nothing more than to have your car.

Or... I can sell you mine for $85k and you can ship it to Columbia.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:38 PM   #7
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51Stingray View Post
MRC is NOT automatically included with the Z51 package. It's actually optional. Look at your window sticker to make sure it has it.

The "clear" top is definitely warm in the sun. The A/C has to work overtime to cool off the interior of the car.

My advice is to buy an aftermarket shade for it or keep a white sheet in the car to throw over the seats so they're not so dog gone hot.

It's pretty cool at night looking up and seeing the stars and does dress up the car a little bit.

I hate it otherwise. The only reason I go it was to keep the wife happy cuz she wanted it.

BTW, why buy one in Columbia for $120K? It would be cheaper for you to fly to America, buy the car, and ship it back to Columbia. I wouldn't recommend driving it back, too many remote roadways and bad guys running around along the way who would love nothing more than to have your car.

Or... I can sell you mine for $85k and you can ship it to Columbia.
hahaha would love to but to import a used car you need a diplomatic license plate(it does not matter if you buy it there and has 0 miles), there are certain dedicated dealers that import them, btw none of them is a chevy dealer,

and about the roof, you can see it in my first picture, just right of my head, it has a blue tint
juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #8
regguy1

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
I had my entire car done in the Crystal Red Stripe
Attached Images

regguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote