Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-19-2008, 06:15 AM   #253
TC

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS-RS
First time posting here, I've been following since concept was releashed. Great site with great info. Only about a hour from dealership where Camaro spoted. Went in yesterday morning, all I can say is wow! Sat in car and talked to the salesman for awhile. First I need to say the interoir is not production. GM rep told salesman it was close but not full production. 2 tone color combo will not be avaliable. Seats - layout - veiws all felt great. Telescoping wheel & adjustable seat will really provide a good fit for a wide range of people. Had a race car feel when slipping inside. Sill plates are slightly higher than average, giving you a real cockpit feel. Not thats it real important to me but rear seating is real tight. I'm 6' and with seat adjusted for a good fit rear leg room is almost none exsistent. Gauges look great, center gauges are easily seen. Shifter and pedals had good layout and feel. Car was automatic but there seemed to be plenty of room for the clutch pedal. Car really looks great in person. Wish it had been a SS but was still great just to get see on up close.
TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:15 AM   #254
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt16spSS View Post
We were told by the GM camaro marketing manager ( John Fitzpatrick )that on the RS that the halo LED's are the DRL's. When you put the car in drive the halo's came on and the fog lamp were off. if you have the standard lights then the foglamps are the DRL's. John was here for 2 hours going over the car with us.
that does not explain why the side markers and Halos are on but the headlights or parking lights are NOT on....

I think all these we have been seeing do not have the final version of the DRL's Halos ect. they have still been experimenting with what works best, all it is is a simple reprogram of the computer to tell which lights to be on when the car is running and in gear....

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-19-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #255
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Love the two tone interior. This color has a really good potential of being my pick!

The "Z": BBK Intake, 85 MM Power TB, Smooth Bellow, SLP Lid, K&N, SLP Panhard, Strut Tower Brace, Spec Stage 2+ Racing Clutch, MSD Wires, Performance Exhaust
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #256
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Cyndi, the photos you shot on the flickr.com link are truly some the best pictures I've seen yet of these new Camaros! Woman, if you ever find yourself in Fresno,CA., dinner is on me!!!
Deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy View Post
Umm....Cyndi, Thanks for the photos. But could you go back and take more pictures of you with the car. I know we all wanna see the car but..... LOL
I can't wait to post the video of me actually picking up my car!!! I'm going to cry when it starts- I just might cry all the way home.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:25 AM   #257
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
Did anyone else noticed that the windshield washer nozzles are located under the hood at the power dome and not on top of the hood or on the wipers.
Trust me when I say there is no subject that we haven't beaten to deathThis one has its own thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...dshield+wipers
Old 12-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #258
bruins004
Banned

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC View Post
First time posting here, I've been following since concept was releashed. Great site with great info. Only about a hour from dealership where Camaro spoted. Went in yesterday morning, all I can say is wow! Sat in car and talked to the salesman for awhile. First I need to say the interoir is not production. GM rep told salesman it was close but not full production. 2 tone color combo will not be avaliable. Seats - layout - veiws all felt great. Telescoping wheel & adjustable seat will really provide a good fit for a wide range of people. Had a race car feel when slipping inside. Sill plates are slightly higher than average, giving you a real cockpit feel. Not thats it real important to me but rear seating is real tight. I'm 6' and with seat adjusted for a good fit rear leg room is almost none exsistent. Gauges look great, center gauges are easily seen. Shifter and pedals had good layout and feel. Car was automatic but there seemed to be plenty of room for the clutch pedal. Car really looks great in person. Wish it had been a SS but was still great just to get see on up close.
So what your telling me is that 2 tone will not be avail?
Hmm for some reason I find that hard to believe (why bother show it to us at all then).
Hopefully this is just a rumor like the other million that are around.

All I gotta say is this with White stripes would look great.
bruins004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #259
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
^I've heard nothing of that. The two tone interior should be available.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #260
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
That's the Neutral Interior, and this, Gray, and black should be available at launch.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #261
bruins004
Banned

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
That's the Neutral Interior, and this, Gray, and black should be available at launch.
I must say that this has now gotten me excited to see what Gray looks like.
I was orignally going to get black, but now def. going for neutral(aka beige) or silver.

I must say that for a while the only thing I felt that was lacking was that there was only 1 two tone interior (the orange).
But now I am syched and this car has everything.
bruins004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #262
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
holy crap!!! thts friggen awesome!! i wish mine was tht dark blue. maybe i can paint the one im working on right now tht color-its white and i dont like tht color on a car. nice pics thnx for posting them!!!
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #263
redsap05

Drives: 2005 pontiac gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt16spSS View Post
here are some more

last 2 digits are ex ( in other words not for sale)

Oh Man this car has an EX vin which means this car will be crushed.
redsap05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #264
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsap05 View Post
Oh Man this car has an EX vin which means this car will be crushed.
I guess we should all get in line to go to the dealership and go thrash on this car then. Who cars what happens to it before the crusher
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #265
redsap05

Drives: 2005 pontiac gto
The EX at the end of the vin means "experimental". Then the numbers 25 beside means that this car is number 25 of an expeimental build. This car is one of the first non saleable cars that fbodfather was talking about, this car was probobly one of the first 30 or so pilots to come off the line and they will all be destroyed. See the build date october 2008. The care they are building now in december are saleable cars and will be sold. But whenever you see the EX at the end of the vin It means the car will be crushed. That blue zr1 we all saw at the autoshows, the same one that we saw on the auction block at barret jackson had an ex vin so by now its probobly scap metal somewhere.
redsap05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #266
jgr
ironhead

Drives: 2004 silverado diesel 2010ss
Can you get cyber gray in metallic.
jgr is offline   Reply With Quote