Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
IPS Motorsports

Have had the worst customer service ever in my life with them.

I ordered their 2010 Camaro Twin Turbo Kit in December of 2010 and did not receive it until around the end of May beginning of June of 2011. I was hoping to get it before CFII but that came and went. They did not send the installation instructions so I had to get it from another forum member(CyberPredator). There is no itemized parts list so there is no way of knowing if all the parts are in the kit. I was missing the oil supply package, a silicone coupler and the oil return lines. Plus, the transmission lines and fittings were for a Manual(6-Speed) instead of for the Automatic(6-Speed) which is what was ordered. I had to have a machine shop fabricate some parts for the transmission.

I had ordered a cam from them but when the shop went in to install it they told me a should get an adjustable timing set in order to degree the cam properly per the instructions on the cam card. I gave IPS another shot by ordering the timing set from them. Well it took 2-3 weeks to get it and the shop was tired of getting the car off the lift and pushing the car in and out of their shop so they installed it straight up. The timing set showed up after so I called IPS and they said send i back for a refund. It has been over a month I have yet to receive the credit back to my card.

I have called Brandon and Jeff at IPS for the missing oil return lines, credit for the timing set and the missing stuff for the transmission to no avail. They never return my calls. I called Jeff about two days ago and he said he would call me back in a minute or two and NADA. I don't call everyday because I don't want to seam like I am bugging them so I will give them days, weeks or even months(initial turbo kit) and still no call, e-mail, PM, text etc. which is unacceptable.

The turbo mid-pipes hit the stock transmission lines on the driver and passenger side. I had to remove the stock lines and had them cut off the metal lines from the mounting block and weld some AN fittings on them. I also had to buy some fitting to attach to the radiator for the tranny lines that have AN fittings so I can run new lines from the transmission to the radiator.

Here is where the lines would hit the turbo pipe.

Here is the part I had the machine shop make in order to mount the turbo.

Here is where I had to have the machine shop tap the supplied oil feed adapter because one port did not have any threads.

I also had to grind an ear off the transmission on the drivers side because the turbo compressor cover way hitting it.

After talking to them they said they had only done one Auto tranny kit and that mine was the first besides the one they did in house. I am sure they made adjustments to their kit in order to bolt in on but never mentioned having to modify it to me.

Hoping to have the new oil return lines made today so I can finally finish the install I started two weeks ago.

I am out time and money and think that is BS.

I would like to thank CyberPredator for his help in getting me the install instructions. They had some helpful notes written on them from whoever installed your turbo kit. Thanks to all other members here that gave advise and help with the install too since they have the same kit.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
damn, looks really bad....lots of people here recommend IPS.
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
SRT10KLLR

The turbos they use are great and their welds on the mid-pipe and down pipe are pretty good but their customer service is definitely lacking.

The local machine shop was going to make me some new lines for the return and tranny but they use crimped rubber hoses like the A/C has and I wanted to continue with the braided black lines to match the ones IPS sent.

Here is what they were going to be like.

Instead I went to another place an hour away that uses the same type of hose but with Black AN fittings. These are not the crimp-on style so if I have to make them smaller I can cut the hose and reuse the same fittings. I will take some pics tomorrow and post them up.

The lines were about $230 and I still have not been charged by the local place for the tranny block modifications he did.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
From the service-side of things I just want to sincerely apologize. I can explain things from "Our" side of things but in the end none of that matters.

I called you this morning (Left VM) so shoot me a call back so we can get things resolved and get you taken care of for the delay and issues you have had to deal with.

We will make it right for you 100%
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
SRT10KLLR

Here are the adapters I bought that go on the radiator and have a -6 AN fitting on the other end. The stock setup has some weird c clip deal.

Here is what the stock stuff looks like.

Here is a pic of the IPS(bottom two) lines and some new ones I had made.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #6
SRT10KLLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
From the service-side of things I just want to sincerely apologize. I can explain things from "Our" side of things but in the end none of that matters.

I called you this morning (Left VM) so shoot me a call back so we can get things resolved and get you taken care of for the delay and issues you have had to deal with.

Jeff
I missed your call as it was 6AM here in California and I was not quite up yet.

I will give you a call right now..
Old 12-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #7
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
I missed your call as it was 6AM here in California and I was not quite up yet.

I will give you a call right now..
Yikes -- sorry for the time difference

Make sure to call the shop (740-657-3278) and not my cell
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post

Jeff
Jeff-
I like the attitude of making it 100%!

I think it does make a difference if you explain your side of things provided it does not turn into a pissing contest between the OP, you and other posters to this topic.

From what I have read you guys have a pretty good reputation so to come across this is surprising to for my own curiosity I would be curious to hear both sides of the story. That is provided it can be done with out turning crappy, if not I am glad you guys stepped in and are helping the OP out.

I hope all works out well.
Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #10
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
How is this turning out. That kit looks pretty rough and SRT is having to do a LOT of fab work and running around that he shouldn't have to but the only one who can judge if he is happy is him I guess.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
tsears

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - L99 - CGM
Did you get those parts that you were missing?

Old 12-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #12
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #13
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
How is this turning out. That kit looks pretty rough and SRT is having to do a LOT of fab work and running around that he shouldn't have to but the only one who can judge if he is happy is him I guess.

Agreed.

Stuff like this will spread quickly and kill any reputation fast. IPS needs to make it right. If it is touted as a complete kit, it truly needs to be. If it was not done on an automatic before, then the kit price should reflect the extra work the end user would need to perform both in terms of parts AND labor.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #14
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Agreed.

Stuff like this will spread quickly and kill any reputation fast. IPS needs to make it right. If it is touted as a complete kit, it truly needs to be. If it was not done on an automatic before, then the kit price should reflect the extra work the end user would need to perform both in terms of parts AND labor.

IPS seem like good guys so i expect they made it right but this is exactly the reason i decided to shy away from a kit. I am doing a 4l80e and didnt want to be a guinea pig. Hopefuly SRT is pleased.....too much time and money not to end up smiling.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote