Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #295
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
I installed the Reflective Concepts bow tie overlays today. They aren't perfect( I think their template for '14 may be a bit off)but they will do the job until I can get Lupe at camarocustoms.com to do me up a couple. Also installed engine bay LED lighting today. Have an LED strip for the grill area but couldn't figure out exactly how to get where I wanted to put it without taking the fascia off, and didn't want to go there.

And disregard the bird poop on the spoiler, didn't notice it until I came in to post these pics and now it is too dark for a new picture....

Video of the engine bay lighting will be later. I will post it to my build thread that I have to start.
Really just wanted to show you the overlays since you had said you wanted to change up your bow ties and this is a very inexpensive way to do it.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #296
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntmad8tr View Post
I installed the Reflective Concepts bow tie overlays today. They aren't perfect( I think their template for '14 may be a bit off)but they will do the job until I can get Lupe at camarocustoms.com to do me up a couple. Also installed engine bay LED lighting today. Have an LED strip for the grill area but couldn't figure out exactly how to get where I wanted to put it without taking the fascia off, and didn't want to go there.

And disregard the bird poop on the spoiler, didn't notice it until I came in to post these pics and now it is too dark for a new picture....

Video of the engine bay lighting will be later. I will post it to my build thread that I have to start.
Really just wanted to show you the overlays since you had said you wanted to change up your bow ties and this is a very inexpensive way to do it.
Thanks for the pics! I think they look great! What color did you order? Seems like every website I look on for bowtie "covers" lists several blue colors and I'm never certain which one to order...
Old 07-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #297
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:

Agree, the 2014's are not direct fits but I made it work and you did too! LOVE IT!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #298
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Took a little stretching. Noticed in the picture for the front that it looks like it has a rip in the middle but that is just a reflection. I had to go out and look to make sure.....
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread

Last edited by ntmad8tr; 07-05-2014 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #299
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Thanks for the pics! I think they look great! What color did you order? Seems like every website I look on for bowtie "covers" lists several blue colors and I'm never certain which one to order...
I ordered the dark navy blue. It actually matches the BRM stripe fairly well.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #300
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
I ordered the dark navy blue. It actually matches the BRM stripe fairly well.
Thank you. I am also contemplating 'plain ole' white' as well...

We are about ready to proceed with some under the hood aesthetics...hydro-dipping the engine and fuse box covers and some lettering. Then a Noweeds at some point, and that will probably be it until the P-T warranty expires....then headers and cam is a possibility.

I'm leaving the back seat 'down' for now...so it's like a '2 seater'...something different and much easier to load my canopy for car shows...lol. Downside is a bit more road noise is heard and the AC has to cool the trunk space, as well as the cabin. Oh well...it's an easy fix to go back to 'normal'....haha...if you can call me normal...hehe

Hope everyone has a Pleasant Valley Sunday.....
Old 07-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #301
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Wild Thing got a bubble bath this morning, and per request, here's a few pics of my 2 Lovelies.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #302
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

I installed a powder-coated fuse relay cover from jdp motorsports.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #303
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
I installed a powder-coated fuse relay cover from jdp motorsports.
picture please!?!!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #304
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Wild Thing got a bubble bath this morning, and per request, here's a few pics of my 2 Lovelies.
TWINS!!!!! Great picture, thanks
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #305
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
TWINS!!!!! Great picture, thanks
Thanks! It's hard to keep both of them clean at the same time...lol!
I'm seriously considering a couple of indoor car covers to keep the dust off of them. The Cyber Gray Metallic rally stripes on Wild Thing, and the Blue Ray Metallic stripes on the SS sure get dusty...even in the garage!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #306
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Wow! Rain in central OOOklahoma in July is nearly unheard of; we are getting a lot of the 'unheard of' this morning...lol. We'll take it!

Time to do some house-y chores that's been ignored for a while....aacckk. But when you play...[at car shows on the week ends]...you eventually pay! har!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #307
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

I'm about ready to find someone else to do my eXpel ppf application. I've given my friend plenty of time, I feel, to get my car done. I don't want to wreck a friendship, but I need to get this done. sigh. I don't know what to do...
Old 07-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #308
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
You've been more than patient.