Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask-man View Post
First up your SOUTH...I live in Northern Canada...thats north What I was tlaking about is the fact no one is driving a SS in winter or even at very cold temperatures so having heated leather seats and mirrors is kinda a waste. Of course the car starts for christ sake...no ones that stupid! It's like getting air conditioning on a car thats only being driven in far north Alaska, thats all.
Well, in that case -- I can see your point.

But plenty of people are driving this car in the snow, and even more are driving it around when it's just cold out. (Including myself...it'll be my DD)

It'd be really expensive to make options region-specific...so they just put it on all of them.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #44
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I've ridden a Harley with heated seats and grips.

On the 2SS thing, Chevy has a neat little web site.

www.chevrolet.com/camaro/features-specs/
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #45
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
First up your SOUTH...I live in Northern Canada...thats north What I was tlaking about is the fact no one is driving a SS in winter or even at very cold temperatures so having heated leather seats and mirrors is kinda a waste. Of course the car starts for christ sake...no ones that stupid! It's like getting air conditioning on a car thats only being driven in far north Alaska, thats all.
I drive mine all year, it is my DD. Granted I'm in Texas and we've only gotten snow twice this year where I live. However, it can still get cold enough to want those heated seats... Not to mention going for a cruise on a cool fall/spring day with the windows down. Either way, I make use of that option
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #46
HadMatter

Drives: Rally Yellow RS/2SS
Quote:
I have found myself using the heated leather a fair few times even here in the relatively warm winters of SC... it is very nice after dashing across a rainy parking lot in 35 degree weather. Even if not a neccessity, still very nice. Buuttt... that would be the whole luxury part. Look it up sometime

As for the mirrors being heated... believe it or not, they find use even in the summer. VERY handy for getting rid of the dewy/foggy moisture that loves to cling to every glass surface around here after a temperature change.. pretty common problem.

Also.. it may be rwd but the camaro has no problem handling in cold weather so long as you have the appropriate tires on. Thus that video of the camaro playing in the snow on the front page.

Soooo... I would have to disagree with your point of view.
HadMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #47
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
wouldn't the question best be answered by building a camaro at chevy.com..
Old 03-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #48
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
1) Steering wheel radio controls
2) Blue tooth
3) USB port
4) Leather seats
5) Gauge pack
6) Heated seats

As far as I can tell, nothing else changes.
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #49
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I'll take a shot:

1. Electrochromatic Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
2. Available Remote Start
3. OnStar 1 yr Directions and Connections
4. Boston Acoustics/Uplevel radio
5. Available factory stripes
6. Heated Driver and Passenger Exterior mirrors
7. Rear Park Assist
8. Leather
9. Heated Driver and Passenger seats
10. Blue Tooth
11. Universal Home Remote
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #50
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
if you're trying to justify the price difference you have to figure out if the options are REALLY that worth it. For me, the 1SS will do.

Sure the auto dimming rear view mirror is cool... but i've driven many years without one, I think I can continue. The 1SS has cloth seats, call me strange, I actually preferred them, and once again I've gone many years without heated seats, I'm sure I'll survive. This just continues down the list. Wasn't worth it to me. But some people do enjoy them!

The only thing I REALLY wanted in the 1SS that the 2SS had was the 4 pack gauges, and you can buy em separate.
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #51
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Everyone can debate what the difference is between the 1SS and the 2SS. All I know is I had no need or want for all the extras on the 2SS. All I am interested in is the styling and the drive train(426HP,6M). Saved $3,000.00 plus to put into painted stripes,exhaust,shifter,etc.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #52
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliwrench View Post
The only thing I REALLY wanted in the 1SS that the 2SS had was the 4 pack gauges, and you can buy em separate.
What did those price out for, if you did price em?
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #53
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
What did those price out for, if you did price em?
$395 plus shipping. They are plug and play

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40353
Old 03-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #54
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Doesnt matter to me. Im going balls to the wall.

2SS/RS
blackknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #55
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Quote:
Heated leather is pretty stupid really in a car that cant be driven when its cold anyway!
I guess that depends on your idea of what cold is. Sometimes in April and May the morning can be in the low 40's maybe even high 30's the heated leather is nice - especially on cool evenings as well when you first get in. Put if you don't want it, don't get it. MI the temps can swing 30* in the spring and fall. Maybe even summer.

It can be driven in the cold, a lot of people do it.
rico-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #56
IConnection

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
If GM does the gauges as a an option for 2011 on a 1SS then the difference is imo not a big deal....Blue Tooth or USB (WHO CARES) Leather is nice (But not needed) Heated Seats (Wont drive my Camaro in the Winter) and you can add the Boston Radio as an option in a 1SS right now...Soooooo you save ALOT of moola to mod the car at a later DATE
IConnection is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro 1ss, camaro 2ss, camaro ss, features