Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
Mrdownsouth

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Would this be loud enough

So I have a black 2012 ls2 and was thinking about getting the mrt axle back exhaust. I want something pretty loud. I have looked at videos and I think it sounds pretty good, but I can't really tell how loud it would be. I don't want to want to waste my money on something way to loud or especially way to quiet. If anyone can give me some advice that be great. Thanks in advance.
http://www.mrt-direct.com/camaro-v6-...xhaust-v2.html
Mrdownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
I have the v2 and it's plenty loud. I really like it.
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
If you have the stock exhaust and cats on ,that won't be too loud . Muffler delete's from Doug Thourly are a bit louder and very good quality and inexpensive .
Old 04-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #4
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
When considering "how loud is enough", bear in mind this little story:

back in the day, late '90s, I was at my friend's wedding reception. I was best man . I also managed to get the phone number of absolutely the hottest girl at the wedding, and no, not the bride. Smoking hot, as in guys were staring at her hot. I had a date with her the next Friday.

I drove to her condo, about a 40 minute drive in my stupid hotrod, seven and a half liter engine, huge pipes, big tube long headers, the works.

The speed I was at on the trip set up the dreaded drone. I had a splitting headache when I showed up.

Guess how that %^$ing night went when the first thing she says on getting into my cool, loud old muscle car convertible was:

"is it always this loud"? Because of the dragster-like sound it made at idle. I used to set off car alarms with it, so she had a point.

You can do the math from there!
Old 04-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #5
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I previously owned a 2010 1LT and had the MRT V1 installed on it and it was extremely loud, invest in j-pipes if you don't like drone. it will get attention no doubt!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #6
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
I recorded a video a while back comparing stock exhaust to the MRT V2. It should give you a bit of a reference.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #7
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
When considering "how loud is enough", bear in mind this little story:

back in the day, late '90s, I was at my friend's wedding reception. I was best man . I also managed to get the phone number of absolutely the hottest girl at the wedding, and no, not the bride. Smoking hot, as in guys were staring at her hot. I had a date with her the next Friday.

I drove to her condo, about a 40 minute drive in my stupid hotrod, seven and a half liter engine, huge pipes, big tube long headers, the works.

The speed I was at on the trip set up the dreaded drone. I had a splitting headache when I showed up.

Guess how that %^$ing night went when the first thing she says on getting into my cool, loud old muscle car convertible was:

"is it always this loud"? Because of the dragster-like sound it made at idle. I used to set off car alarms with it, so she had a point.

You can do the math from there!
the number of people who like or enjoy a loud car are very small. I've always and still do, fully believe most people do it simply to get attention and irritate other people. sadly, we live in the "look at me, look at me" era.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote