Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Silver too plain?

Currently I am feeling the Silver Ice Metallic color, but it seems a decent amount of people (both on this forum and pple I know) think its way too plain of a color, and that it just will not go well with a car like a Camaro. I really like the black, but it gets so hot down in Texas that practicality takes precedent over coolness factor in this case, as I personally don't think the black looks that much better than the Silver. I suppose what it comes down to is a matter of personal preference, and I really shouldn't care if someone else thinks it is too plain as long as I like it. (I guess I kind of just answered my own question but any additional input would be greatly appreciated, as I like all the colors avaliable initially, but I can't wait till summer for this car!!).
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
65bus

Drives: 92 Z28, 72 Chevy truck, 65 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to 65bus
I like Silver its also a color im considering
65bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm considering the silver with grey stripes down the hood. It's a great color. Maybe you just got too used to seeing it since it was also the concept color.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
I'd get it but my truck is already silver...

Don't let anyone else tell you what you should and shouldn't like, anyway

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #5
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
I'm planning on getting a silver Camaro. Down here in Florida heat is always a major factor in a car. My last Mustang was black, and it was not a good choice at all. My current Mustang is silver, and it's much better. Silver also hides dirt and dust extremely well, so I don't have to get my car washed every week for it to look nice. Silver all the way!
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I think the other thing I was not sure about was it looking too much like the concept, but I loved that car (which is probably why I want this color lol). Silver it is then!
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #7
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Just remember...LOTS OF ACCESSORIES to dress it up with!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3425
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #8
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
While I think the Camaro looks fantastic in Silver, and even better in the Cyber Gray, I won't be getting either of them. There are just too many silvers, grays, shades of grays, shades of silvers, shades of beige and other suttle color on cars around here that I just can't buy a camaro with something that's even similar to an ordinary color. I want to stand out with this car. So yellow with black stripes it is for me, even better Bumblebee package if its means you get the Sunrise paintjob on the Camaro.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #9
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchsride09 View Post
I'd get it but my truck is already silver...

Don't let anyone else tell you what you should and shouldn't like, anyway
Same here. My truck I've been driving for 10 years is silver so that color isn't even an option for me when I get my Camaro. I'm tired of blending in with everyone else.

Last week, from my office on the 18th floor, I looked down at the traffic waiting at a stoplight below. There were probably 15-20 cars waiting to go in each direction. All but 3 were either white, silver, or black. The other 3 were different shades of red. Look around and you'll start to notice that most new cars are either white, black, or some shade of silver/gray. No more blending in for me - Red Jewel Tint Coat is what I'm going with. I'm hoping that doesn't ruin my never-been-pulled-over-in-15-years record.

Although, silver is kind of like white and beige...it can go longer between washes without looking dirty. I spend way less to wash my truck than I do to wash my wife's black Expedition.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #10
65bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
So yellow with black stripes it is for me, even better Bumblebee package if its means you get the Sunrise paintjob on the Camaro.
Any truth to that cause if so ive never ordered a car but if you can do that ill be oredering one
Old 08-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #11
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
^There's been mentions of a Bumblebee package, that's all. No details, but me and I know a lot of other people are hoping it means that it's the Valspar Sunrise paint or something very similar, hopefully even with painted on black stripes. If not, I'll just do it aftermarket.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #12
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
blasphemy! silver all the way!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #13
65bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
^There's been mentions of a Bumblebee package, that's all. No details, but me and I know a lot of other people are hoping it means that it's the Valspar Sunrise paint or something very similar, hopefully even with painted on black stripes. If not, I'll just do it aftermarket.
Dont know if this means anything but there might only be three made and givin away Est.MSRP $40,000 boy they really over estimate everything dont they .
I really hope this is a package and not just 3

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...&ct=image&cd=1
Old 08-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Sliver Ice is one of my three choices...nothing plain about it to me!