Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #29
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Nice
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #30
Transformers2010

Drives: 2010 yellow Camaro
transformer 2010 camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/smilies/chevy.gif my 2010 transformer camaro will be built about oct 17 and shiped in novhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/smilies/readthethread.gif to al in mansfield texas this is tom in arlington texas home of the best full size suv in texas.http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/smilies/w00t.gif
Transformers2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #31
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
Reading that thread gave me a headache. Thank god people don't troll as hard here.
we keep our trolls in line
Old 10-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #32
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Dodge Challenger sales, September 2009

1,778 units sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Guy Z28 View Post
You got me by one damn minute!

1,778 Challengers September

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...01/479929.html
As I posted in the older thread....

Even though Dodge has produced less Challengers I've seen almost double on the road--6 Challengers to 3 Camaros. Boggles my mind. I know they are around, a friend of mine who lives out by Hopewell Township sees them all the time. I even ran into my second GTR today. WTF. Can't I get some Camaro love? I'd be happier than a pig in S*** if while I was standing there a CGM SS would just roll by so I can just randomly enjoy it.

On another note, I was up at Clarion University picking up my cousin. Stopped everyone dead in the parking lot. Well okay, not me, but the car did.

If this car was a dude, he would be racking up Wilt Chamberlain-like numbers.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #33
PistonsFan

Drives: 08 CTS
A little write-up I posted on GMI.

Camaro Sales and Production Analysis
by PistonsFan

We now have enough Camaro sales data to really start digging into the trends. After six full-months of 2010 Camaro production, we are starting to see some very interesting Camaro sales trends with respect to the competition.

First, here is a figure showing 2010 Camaro production numbers:

The drop in production in July was due to the annual (mandatory) GM summer production shutdown.

Now here is a chart comparing the sales of Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger.

Most interesting is the downward negative trend in Mustang sells ever since the Camaro hit the market. How low will mustang sales go? At this rate, one has to consider whether the Mustang will ever return to being the sales leader.

Camaro sales are still directly constrained by production. Take note of the dip in July sales that correlates with the drop in July production. There is some discrepancy in sales numbers and production numbers. This is not due to weakening demand. These numbers are for North American sales only. So part of this discrepancy is due to global sales not being counted.

Finally, here is a chart showing the percentage difference in the sales of Camaro vs. Mustang:

Aside from the reduced sales in July (due to the shutdown), the Camaro is showing quite the trend in sales performance relative to the competition.

Disclaimer: Numbers gathered from multiple sources. Consistency between numbers cannot be guaranteed.
PistonsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #34
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
As far as the mustang, i wasn't sure at first if the new look was an improvement, but the longer i have seen it (pictures mostly) i think it is an improvement.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #35
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan View Post

by PistonsFan

We now have enough Camaro sales data to really start digging into the trends. After six full-months of 2010 Camaro production, we are starting to see some very interesting Camaro sales trends with respect to the competition.

The drop in production in July was due to the annual (mandatory) GM summer production shutdown.

Most interesting is the downward negative trend in Mustang sells ever since the Camaro hit the market. How low will mustang sales go? At this rate, one has to consider whether the Mustang will ever return to being the sales leader.

Camaro sales are still directly constrained by production. Take note of the dip in July sales that correlates with the drop in July production. There is some discrepancy in sales numbers and production numbers. This is not due to weakening demand. These numbers are for North American sales only. So part of this discrepancy is due to global sales not being counted.

Finally, here is a chart showing the percentage difference in the sales of Camaro vs. Mustang:

Aside from the reduced sales in July (due to the shutdown), the Camaro is showing quite the trend in sales performance relative to the competition.

Disclaimer: Numbers gathered from multiple sources. Consistency between numbers cannot be guaranteed.
I'm very interested in seeing the update of those charts in one year.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #36
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
we keep our trolls in line
Straight to the ban-house.

This is great news!!
Personally, I expect things to stabilize, and the Mustang and Camaro will be neck-and-neck (with the Camaro usually ahead by a few) for a long time to come. But that's just what my foggy Crystal ball here says...anything can happen.

What most interests (but doesn't surprise) me is Challenger sales. I know they said they only expected something like 20-30k units a year...but really? Such a sorry car -- it could have been so much more. :(
Old 10-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #37
AlexL

Drives: ABM 1LT RS A6
This is an interesting thread. There appears to be a direct correlation between the downward trend of Mustang sales and the upward trend of Camaro sales. Maybe the pony car market is pretty much stagnant - the Camaro is stealing sales from Mustang by and large? It would be interesting to find out how many import intenders ended up with a Gen5.
AlexL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #38
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
I am curious as to why they say that it's hard to find a new Camaro but yet I can go to my local dealer and find five on the lot that have been there for about a month now, and then just for the heck of it I searched autotrader and with in a hundred mile radius there are one hundred vehicle's for sale of 46721 and 26 from 04096 and 34 from 92071. I'm not trying to be a troll it just seem's like there's more just sitting on lot's not being sold then what many realize.

Dont know if this was posted anywhere else so I did'nt want to make a thread.

Automakers September Sales

General Motors: 156,673 Down 43%
Toyota: 126,015 units sold, down 16.1%
Ford Motor Company: 114,655 units sold, down 6%
Honda: 77,229, down 23.3%
Chrysler: 62,197, down 42%
Nissan: 55,393, down 7%

Last edited by meanmike; 10-01-2009 at 11:01 PM.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #39
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

by PistonsFan

Hey PistonsFan. Nice to have you here.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #40
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Again, I'll say it...as a Ford guy, I think a lot of us are hating the 2010 Mustang redesign. So, not only is the new Camaro affecting the sales of the Mustang, so is the ugly ass exterior redesign of the 2010 Mustang!

I had a Ford dealership offer me a new Mustang 2010 GT at $500 over invoice pricing. In Texas alone, there were $2000 in incentives for the Mustang GT as of last week. They know they have a battle on their hands with the new Camaro and they're fighting hard to sell units.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #41
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
GMI is getting to be one depressing website!
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #42
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427