Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #29
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
go lakers!!! 2-1 YAY
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #30
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 View Post
go lakers!!! 2-1 YAY
another bs ejection stern is turning the nba to the softest sport ever/
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:40 AM   #31
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
i agree with u on everything except the age argument....i go by seasons ...lebron chose to come to the league straight from highschool...jordan played in unc....look at the things jordan did in his dirst 4 seasons...its rediculous he was the best overall player defensively and offensively...and that is what wade has become and hopefully bron will get there too defensively...btw i hope you agree with me that wade completely got snubbed getting all nba defensive second team instead of first...funny thing the second team defensively is better than the first team. that is why i dont pay attention to awards in the nba anymore it's all bias. you are right wade is a great athlete but bron is a monster....a power foward who is comfortable at any position and has a weight and height advantage over wade. for me wade is more clutch bron is a slightly better shooter.
all in all the nba is fun to watch right now....

I think you have to give Lebron some slack regarding his first seasons, i agree if it took him 10 comparable seasons to do what jordan did it'd be significant... but he Averaged MORE points per game his rookie year in the NBA than he did as a Senior in HS.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:54 AM   #32
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
I hate Kobe and I really hate the Lakers. They are so stuck up. I cant wait till LeBron and the Cavs kick their ass in the Championship. I am a Knicks fan (and always have been) and i like the Cavs because there is a possibility that Lebron will go to the knicks!!!! Please God!!!!
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #33
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
I hate Kobe and I really hate the Lakers. They are so stuck up. I cant wait till LeBron and the Cavs kick their ass in the Championship. I am a Knicks fan (and always have been) and i like the Cavs because there is a possibility that Lebron will go to the knicks!!!! Please God!!!!
ehhhhhhhhh looks like Lebron is building his dynasty and legacy in cleveland.... But it could happen
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 05-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #34
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Kobe is the epitome of "bitchassness" good player but still a bitch. Gotta love Lebron on and off the court, he is a young guy making wise decisions and not being selfish...whomever he is surrounding himself with personally and professionally are some good people. D. Wade is great, I just feel bad for him operating in a mediocre environment..That being said GO HAWKS!!! yeah I knew they were going to get it handed to them in the second round but hey we are steadily improving now year by year..lol

However... wade in a mediocre environment?? Miami??
Old 05-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #35
GatorBlue371

Quote:
lol okay, I like all of FLorida except for anything in that Gainesville area...well I like it when the NHRA GatorNationals are held there..lmao
Ha Go Gators.

The ONLY bad thing about Gainesville....

Them Gators get hungry when they arent eating Indians and Dawgs....
Old 05-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #36
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
What is the crowd chanting after Fisher gets that guy? It sounds like they are saying "Bullshit"
Old 05-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #37
GatorBlue371

Kevin,

How about THIS for a Jordan like performance....

And keep in mind (if you watched the game like I did) the Cav's were loosing early on after Lebron got taken out.... everytime they took him out the hawks surged, and everytime he came back in the Cav's surged.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...ge=dime-090510

I think of Lebron as more of a Tim Tebow like player. He has the physical ability to "will" or "push" his team to a victory, and make everyone around him play better as a result of the extreme amount of energy they bring to the game. Michael Jordan is more like Joe Montana.... more reserved, but always comes through when it counts. And just as importantly, the other team knows they always come through, which gives them a mental adv.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #38
GatorBlue371

Quote:
EFF Tebow

Hey just be glad he plays in the SEC, he makes all our teams look good.

Fav part of the article-

"We're used to seeing James beat a team by himself, but rarely this literally. Between his shots and passes, James accounted for 66 points -- while the Hawks scored only 65 with him on the floor."
Old 05-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #39
GatorBlue371

Quote:
HOuston just put the smack down on the Lakers without Yao Ming
Embarrassing for sure...

Lakers arent playing all that good right now...

Ill bet the Nuggets beat whomever makes it out of this series anyways .

Finals: Cavs Vs. Nuggets

Winner: Cavs 4 - Nuggets 2

My prediction.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #40
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Kevin,

How about THIS for a Jordan like performance....

And keep in mind (if you watched the game like I did) the Cav's were loosing early on after Lebron got taken out.... everytime they took him out the hawks surged, and everytime he came back in the Cav's surged.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...ge=dime-090510

I think of Lebron as more of a Tim Tebow like player. He has the physical ability to "will" or "push" his team to a victory, and make everyone around him play better as a result of the extreme amount of energy they bring to the game. Michael Jordan is more like Joe Montana.... more reserved, but always comes through when it counts. And just as importantly, the other team knows they always come through, which gives them a mental adv.
there's a difference IMO everyone knew jordan was going to score whenever he wanted to and win ....problem is they couldnt do anything about it...dort of how wade and bron do there thing now except jordan did it even better. also wade has the same subbing pattern as bron except bron comes back and his team steps up and hits shits along with bron doing his thang....wade does his thing and the rest of the team sits and stares and then bricks every shot while not rebounding.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote