Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #211
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
I sure wish that it would turn out that this was a fake car.... but honestly.. why would it be?

If there were going to leave BB the same as before... why waste money to build a dummy car??

Now if this is a dummy car... then that would imply that the new BB is going to be a whole hell of a lot different than the first 2, or the one we see here..

As if to imply the exterior of the Z28 has been re-designed again, the launch of the Z28 is going to coincide with this movie, and this yet to be seen car will be the final version Z28
I honestly want to know where you guys are coming to the conclusion that Bumblebee is the design for the Z28........
Old 05-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #212
WildWes

Drives: 1SS Rally Yellow/black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
why in the hell do they keep changing BB? You dont see Opt. Prime changing every damn movie.
EXACTLY!! The first version (Camaro Concept) was great, T2 was still nice..... but enough is enough!

The stripes look like crap, especially on the roof...I don't like the spoiler or the changes to the front end. Even the rims were changed...and again, not for the better.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What are they going to do to "B" next?? Make him into a Mustang?
WildWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #213
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I honestly want to know where you guys are coming to the conclusion that Bumblebee is the design for the Z28........
Scott said this one was a production camaro.. Put two and two together and having this be the Z28 look (grill, hood, gfx,) makes sense if they want to market the Z28 with the movie.. I personally wish GM had shown us a few camaro's they had planned as Z28's and let us vote onthem.. We would have picked something different than this.. Jinx's design is 100 times better..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS22 View Post
I like this front end better then the stock SS front , but I still like the V6 front the best and always will. The V6 front is straight off the concept that I fell in love with back in 06'.

Seeing the concept in person so many times, the front end of the V6 production camaro looks nice, but the rest of the car looks too fat in comparison to the concept bumper in my opinion. To me the V8 front fascia having a little more beef to it and being slightly lower at the nose makes up the difference. If you notice, this Transformers 3 Camaro we are seeing has a very thin gfx package that is an off color to make the car proportionately similar in height to the concept when looking at it from a distance. The Dodge Challenger uses the same trick to hide its height. That makes the thinner side mirrors look more normal in the picture.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #214
spi

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Send a message via MSN to spi Send a message via Yahoo to spi
fail

VIN# 2G1FK1EJ0A9106637
spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #215
BEARS-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I like the hood, the vents at the front edge.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #216
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I did not say it was.... Just that this could be a possibility.

If you go back and watch the interviews prior to TF2 release, many of the crew and some GM people were saying that the BB was supposed to be the Z28.

We all know that the Z28 was planned and got put on the shelf when the Bankruptcy happenings started... We all saw that the Z28 came back to life, and at that time GM officials said that the exterior was finalized, and they were working the kinks to match power output to the rest of the suspension/drive-train or whatever.... My guess long ago was that they were trying to play stupid about the Z28 because they knew MANY of you would not have bought a Camaro if you thought the Z was jsut around the corner.
The original plan would have been for it to launch with the movie, to allo the movie to boost sales.... after the bankruptcy they couldnt risk losing sales to people that wanted to wait for the Z.
Then the creative genius that is GM Marketing realized that Camaro in 2009, Convertible in 2011, and Z28 in late 2011 as a 2012 model kept the releases spaced out just enough to keep a major sales boost each year. The "oh my God its brand new" sales boost is going to die down this year... then next year we get the convertible to put a new boost in sales.. then at the end of next year you get the Z28.. with another major boos.... then 2013 brings a minor spruce up to the design, to hold 2 years until the 6th Gen comes out.

Call me crazy... but it all makes sense to me.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #217
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Only comment I'd like to say is that bumblebee gets damaged in each movie. He also has Sam using him as his car.

It only makes sense a college kid would modify the car a bit when he fixes him. So seeing the slight different variants makes sense. How many modified camaros have I seen just from this site alone?

He actually has the halos, the autobot emblems, and the 21" wheel option now. I wonder if some of these "Jay Leno" sema options we see on him might be available next year as accessories?
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #218
Greatness
Greatness

Drives: Camaro
i actually like the grill

2G1FB1EV9A9153166 WWOOO!!!!
Greatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #219
FalconFXR

Drives: 2010 Silver 2SS 6M
I think the door handles (or whatever they are calling them) look really sharp! its like they are almost completely shaved. That would be a nice mod.
FalconFXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #220
10CamaroIOM
Loves All Muscle Cars

Drives: 1997 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWes View Post
What are they going to do to "B" next?? Make him into a Mustang?
That would be cool too. I hope they put a Mustang back into this one at least.

I like the small mirrors...IDK why, it's just that they came from the concept i guess.

I don't think this is the Z28 design, I think the Z28 will resemble theTF2 BB more.

My theory for the dummy car: They might actually be using the Z28 for the next Bee, they know that their info always ends up leaking out onto the Internet and they don't want to ruin the surprise of what the Z28 is actually going to look like. I mean, think about it. If the Z28 release would be around the same time as the movie release....why not use the new Z28 as Bee in the new movie? These guys may know a lot more about it than we do.
10CamaroIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #221
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
@ many comments in here. Fbodfather hit it on the head:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

.......reminds me of:

>OMG -- it has a B-Pillar! The world is coming to an end!

>OMG-- those side splits on the SS front fascia look like #%$@ - I'm suing and moving to Iceland!!!

>OMG - DUAL HEADLIGHTS!!!! looks NOTHING like the concept car - that's it -- I'm holding a protest on the whitehouse lawn.......

>OMG - that black and white car has a HORRIBLE INTERIOR - (and who the hell is 'Shunt?') - that's it - I'm getting a sex-change operation.......
Old 05-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #222
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
I dont like!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #223
camtang

Drives: 2011 Nissan Juke SV
it sort of reminds me of the new z28 concpt
camtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:43 AM   #224
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
The Z28 is around. We just don't know where. Maybe. It could very well be a conglomeration of TF2 and TF3 cars? It may have been hidden in plain view all this time? Only GM knows for sure (and the lucky souls that have the inside scoop).

It's coming...in a couple of years, this Z28 speculation will seem even sillier than it does now. In the meantime...I'll cruise in my 5th gen and be happy.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote