Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
JRAlexander72

Drives: 2013 2LS, ready for upgrades.
Newbie with some questions

Hey all,

Going through some of the build threads here and I must say they are pretty damn awesome! I do have some questions:

1. This is my 1st car I've bought and made monthly payments on. Do some of y'all still make mods on them while making payments?

2. My car is certified pre-owned. I know IF (and it's a big if) I were to mod my exhaust and went with axel back, it wouldn't void the warranties. I should still be good with random pieces like cold air?

3. How long does an average build take? I'm not trying to do too much to it as I'll want to eventually trade it in for a 2SS or LT/RS...

Thanks in advance people!
JRAlexander72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Well I picked up mine on May 31st. So everything I've done has been since then and on Tuesday full Kooks exhaust system going on(long tube headers, high flow cats, x-pipe, mufflers) and then Dyno tuning at that shop. First thing I would do is get a catch can installed. I got mine from Apex and it is amazing how much crap it prevents from going into your intake. After that I would go with a cold air then an exhaust system.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
heavenSSoldier

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I agree with ntmad8tr start with taking care of your engine, second give it more power. You can always do body work in between. As long as you're not leasing and plan to stay with the car for awhile..go for it!! A build doesn't take long if you have money in the bank. The less the longer...but it's really up to you on how long it takes. Good luck!!
heavenSSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote