Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-13-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I've seen all the production colors too ;)

Well, since we have one thread with a writeup of all the colors on the Camaro, ( http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18485) I felt my take would add a different light to it. I have seen a silver and victory red Camaro along with a yellow one at various locations. I also saw aqua blue in Orlando's Test Track..

Silver Ice Metallic= I've never liked light grey however it does bring out the lines of the Camaro. I guess I've seen this color associated with the Concept for so long, the color perhaps got more boring as time went on. However I still remember the first time I saw the silver concept..This silver ice however is not as nice as the silver on the concept but from afar looks very close.

Red Jewel Tintcoat= This is a very popular color on the Corvette and with polished rims it really stands out amongst the crowd at the dealerships.. I haven't seen this one on the Camaro live however it will look gorgeous on it. The color really stands apart from other "wine red's" found on other brands. This one is well worth the premium.

Imperial Blue Metallic= At night this color does look black. In bright sunlight is when it looks its best as the blue's come out. I like this blue but wish it was Leman's Blue instead which is a cross between this one and aqua..

Black= We've all seen the black car that was pampered for hours on end and reflected everything it was around.. Black is a classic and amazing color..You can't go wrong with it if you like washing and waxing your car on a weekly basis.

Aqua Blue Metallic= I simply did not like this color that much on the Camaro even though I know many of you do. To me it just doesn't fit with the car. I got to see it at Orlando's Test track and many people were flocked around the car..I don't blame them.. Like I said above, I prefer a blue that is more dark than this but not too dark.. I have to admit though, I still would be very happy owning the car below and the color could grow on me..

Cyber Gray Metallic= I've seen this car may times on Corvette's and have seen variations of the paint on ibw ZR1..I have pictures that shows the hood of a ZR1 slightly darker than the rest of the Vette. When freshly waxed, this color stands out like no other. That is why it was chosen along with Leman's Blue to be the paint jobs for the ZR1's.. If the paint is the same high quality I have seen that it can be, we will all fall in love with this color choice when we finally get to see it on the Camaro.. Tag's is the first and we all hopefully will see it first here on this forum.

edit: This is the first picture of cyber grey posted on this forum. I need to see some better photo's perhaps to make my decision, however it looks close to what I imagined. I know the color is darker than the pic below which would make it nicer.

Victory Red= I've owned and driven a red Mustang for over 10 years and it is a beautiful color. For me though, I want a change of color so I will not be getting red although tempting. This is one HOT HOT color..

Rally Yellow= This shiny yellow is seen on all the yellow newer Vette's on the road and shine it does. You need to put on a pair of sunglasses to stair at it when it is in the sun. I for one wish it was darker like the Bumblebee color and of course pearl or metallic but it is not.. I am having trouble deciding if I want this color or the cyber grey for my camaro.. I know I will be happy with either but my only gripe about getting yellow would be the unwanted attention from the cops I would be getting.. I feel that with cyber grey it might be a lot less and better for my pocketbook .. However getting this, you have the added benefit every kid that passes by will want to take a picture with your car, at least as long as the Transformers franchise continues to do well...

Inferno Orange Metallic= On the Hummer and Solstice it looks good but not great. I am a huge orange fan and was disappointed at IOM being chosen for the main orange for the Camaro. Granted I still have not seen this on the Camaro other than in pictures however it is difficult to discern from the pictures what it will look like since it does resemble Victory Red somewhat more than orange... I love Hugger and Hemie orange and if you are expecting that color, then you shouldn't get this one as you will be disappointed. I know many many of you love this color and I have gone back and forth on it depending on what light I am seeing the color in. It looks its best in sunlight and its worst at night.. The price of it has gone up to be a premium color so if you got lucky enough to pre-order the Camaro, you saved some money and congratulations

concept is not IOM but as you can see they are very similar..

White: well, to me this would be the most boring color on the Camaro, unless it is a two tone white like Dale Jr's car, I would not get it.

Green: I think green would be amazing in either the bright Lime green shade or the darker greens.. Hopefully one is offered next year..Synergy Green below and a darker green below that

Plasma Purple: I can see purple looking real nice on the Camaro as I remember it being offered in 1998 for the re-design. This color would be popular I believe if offered in the future..
purple

color mix

Last edited by Supermans; 04-15-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I'd be all over a Deep Dark Purple if I could have ordered it.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
Supermans

First cyber grey pics..A little overexposed, however look at the Vetter cyber grey's above for comparison..

Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
First cyber grey pics..A little overexposed, however look at the Vetter cyber grey's above for comparison..
So has your take on CGM changed at all?

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
Supermans

This picture of Cyber grey is adjusted to compensate for the saturation. The original pic is left above until a better picture comes forth..

Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
you need to post a picture of a darker green.

like my sig vvv
Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
So has your take on CGM changed at all?
I still love cyber grey..It is a very beautiful and impressive color. It is going to be a tough choice between CG and IOM for me..
Old 04-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
you need to post a picture of a darker green.

like my sig vvv
Post one on here of a photoshopped green that you like and I will place it in the first post I love green and would probably have ordered it had it been an option..
Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Post one on here of a photoshopped green that you like and I will place it in the first post I love green and would probably have ordered it had it been an option..
Here's one of mine if you want to use it:

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #10
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
or mine
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #11
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
WHITE is classy and has a pop to it
Attached Images

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #12
Supermans

Thanks for all your help getting some more pictures . I think now we have all the camaro colors in here along with my humble opinions on all the colors. Suffice to say all of these colors will turn heads on the road