Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
legenscary

Drives: 323i
2013 1LS or 2011 SS 20k miles! Advice please!

Hello all,

First post here so please bear with me! I'm a 20 year old just graduated with a degree and landed a decent, full-time career job starting at 37k a year. I've been working for a couple of months and been saving up for a possible down payment for a Camaro. I still live at home without paying bills(family is pretty well off), and don't plan on moving out until maybe 22 or 23 since I like taking care of my younger siblings. I'm pretty set on really getting a camaro though, but if it truly seems that this car is out of my range then I could reconsider. Although I drive a really crappy car now, and I don't want to regret not being able to drive something I love at a young age. I'm not all of a heavy spender, occasionally go out to eat and hang out, but nothing too crazy since I'm still under 21. It's pretty easy for me to save at least 1600 a month if I don't buy anything crazy. If I do decide to get a camaro, should I buy the brand new 1LS or an older SS? The SS I am looking at currently is about 20k miles and priced at 27k. I'm not completely sure if the jump from 1LS to SS is worth it?

Thanks and regards,

Legenscary
legenscary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Go with the SS for sure.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
Get the SS because if you don't you will end up wishing you would of. There are several people on here that have traded up to a SS. $27,000 for a 2011 SS with 25,000 miles seems pretty good. Of course try to talk them down a little.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
legenscary

Drives: 323i
Thanks, guys! I was leaning towards the SS, too. I was wondering if I could get any financial advice on actually buying the car? If I can actually afford a 27k car at my salary? How much a down payment should be? Reasonable monthly payments? I have 0 credit history so not sure if that plays a big factor. Sorry for all the questions, this is actually going to be my first ever big purchase(next closest thing was a flat screen TV).
legenscary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #5
RoadieWingZ

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
Drive them both, then decide. Lots of reasons in favor of each if you consider all the options, features and costs. You'll get as many opinions as there are owners on this forum. Any Camaro is a good choice, so just make sure it works for you and your current/future situation. Own the car; don't let it own you...

2013 Camaro LS
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Rule in thumb for SS....if you can afford it, get it.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by legenscary View Post
Hello all,

First post here so please bear with me! I'm a 20 year old just graduated with a degree and landed a decent, full-time career job starting at 37k a year. I've been working for a couple of months and been saving up for a possible down payment for a Camaro. I still live at home without paying bills(family is pretty well off), and don't plan on moving out until maybe 22 or 23 since I like taking care of my younger siblings. I'm pretty set on really getting a camaro though, but if it truly seems that this car is out of my range then I could reconsider. Although I drive a really crappy car now, and I don't want to regret not being able to drive something I love at a young age. I'm not all of a heavy spender, occasionally go out to eat and hang out, but nothing too crazy since I'm still under 21. It's pretty easy for me to save at least 1600 a month if I don't buy anything crazy. If I do decide to get a camaro, should I buy the brand new 1LS or an older SS? The SS I am looking at currently is about 20k miles and priced at 27k. I'm not completely sure if the jump from 1LS to SS is worth it?

Thanks and regards,

Legenscary
Both are awesome vehicles! Let us know which one you ultimately decide to go with.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
I have a 2SS and may add a 1LS, don't discount the LS it is a nice car just lacking all the bells and whistles.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Get the SS.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by legenscary View Post
Thanks, guys! I was leaning towards the SS, too. I was wondering if I could get any financial advice on actually buying the car? If I can actually afford a 27k car at my salary? How much a down payment should be? Reasonable monthly payments? I have 0 credit history so not sure if that plays a big factor. Sorry for all the questions, this is actually going to be my first ever big purchase(next closest thing was a flat screen TV).
5k minimum down. IMO
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
KSX

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey, I was in the same position 22 finished college landed a great job, had a LS before my 2SSRS and from personal experience the SS is a hundred times better, you don't want to kick yourself later for not getting it, just be prepared for the awful gas mileage that adds up. Put as much possible down, and for the love of GOD don't say yes to just any offer the dealership gives you.. there are thousands of Camaro's and if you feel you're not getting the best deal you can get just walk away, trust me.. Been there before just be patient.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #12
Vader2011v6

Drives: 2014 custom blue ZL1
If its attainable I would go for the SS.I currently have the V6 and I find myself questioning getting the V8 all the time.I put too much work into my v6 and decided its better for me since ive put quite a lot of miles on my car to stick with the v6 and supercharge.Nothing beats the sound of a v8
Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
KSX

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader2011v6 View Post
If its attainable I would go for the SS.I currently have the V6 and I find myself questioning getting the V8 all the time.I put too much work into my v6 and decided its better for me since ive put quite a lot of miles on my car to stick with the v6 and supercharge.Nothing beats the sound of a v8
That too! The sound of the v8 = sexyyyyyyy
Old 01-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #14
CamaroRBT
Who's Laughing Now?

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS RS LS3 Summit White
If its not a v8 its not a camaro. Sorry v6 guys just how i feel. Same with challenger or mustang. Gotta have a v8.
Vararam CAI, Vmax Ported TB, Stainless Power LT Headers, High Flow Cats, Flowmaster AT Catback, Diablosport Predator, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JRE Custom Tune, 3.91 gears, BMR 1" Drop Springs, BMR Trailing Arms, Michelin PSS 255/285, SLP Splitter, JL audio system, JL W3 12" Sub, Oracle Fog Lights.
JL Audio Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269949
CamaroRBT is offline   Reply With Quote