Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #15
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
I'm in the same place...2 months ago I never thought I'd ask "how much do I really NEED my warranty"...
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #16
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Same here. Bought a 2012 2SS/RS modded it with a CIA, ZL rockers, splitter, spoiler, catch can. Took it to the road course and instantly became hooked on it. That's when it got crazy because the Z28 was just released and I knew I couldn't afford that but the next best was the 1le, that and I love the 2014 refresh.

I kept going back and forth between modding my '12 SS to the level of a 1le or just buying a 1le and be done, thinking that It would be at a level that I wouldn't need modding. That notion ended up being a complete joke. I bought the '14 1le... yeah it's outstanding and after taking it to the track I went completely out of my mind and have ended up with a list of mods a mile long and I see no end in sight. Man I love this car!!
Old 12-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #17
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by banter View Post
I tried to build my camaro to where I wouldn't be inclined to mod it at least for a while. I have already been looking at stuff and I don't even have the car yet. My only limit will be my budget it seems...
Same Here, I thought that would curb my apatite for modifications.... It didnt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
Struggle with it daily! I've done the tint, all the Roto fab engine dress up goodies, cold air intake, badge removal etc.
My little buddy says "screw the warrantee! A cam would be awesome! Long tubes? Tune? Injectors? The list goes on and on."
I really just wish I could drive it more! 2012 #862 with 2000 miles. That's sad!
Well only you can limit you from driving a very nice car!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
I hear you haha.. My fiance aka my financial advisor and I are paying for our wedding so we are doing a little bit longer engagement......wellllll about that this is my second camaro i did the same thing traded my v6 for and 8 and man oh man did that open the flood gates. I said babe you know Im going to mod the crap out of this thing and yea yea I will wait untill the wedding is paid for. Haha if you know where my car is at today its funny because I have 6 months from saturday until I get married and i swear I didnt mod my car haha
Now its a picture of the Bride Groom and a Camaro!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
My bank account and fiancé would love for me to say those words but unfortunately more mods already on order for next show season...Poor guy
Ah well guy's like to keep the ladies happy.. So I am sure he will not say a word, or if he does it will be "Nice Car"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
I'm right there with you

Have pfadt lt's, cai, scoop, washer relocate, zl1 rockers and vinyl sitting in my office. Jre tuners in the mail and I'm about to order the pfadt trailing arms to get rid of the wheel hop.
Yea I have been reading the posts on carbon fiber vinyl wrap.. I am interested though if they come out with the hood... There goes my 1500 or at least I hope it is only that much... Yea I left out the ZL1 rockers on this story... Nice car also cant wait to see what it looks like when your done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie-Bri View Post
I started modding my car when it only had 40 miles on it. I still have a couple things I'd like to do yet then I'm done! My wife knew I was a car guy when she married me almost 30 years ago. She's been more then understanding and I thank her for that when ever I order more parts.
My wife married me when I had a 1967 Camaro and that car I worked on. Then I purchased a 1969 Chevelle and another about a year after the first purchase for a parts car. So my wife knows I love cars, she supports my habit mainly because it keeps me home or us on the road. I just well told her I would slow down... Although with an 8 cyl... It may be a little harder because there are so many vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
When you drive one of these, no modifications are needed
That is an amazing looking car, I dont have money for that. If I did it would be a C7 Z51 for the wife. Oh and it would be auto. =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by honor first View Post
i would never own a shitbox german car, but i think the only car that i see on the road that i would not modify would be the new mercedes CLS. i couldnt afford to void the warranty too haha. tint, sound system, basics like that dont count as modifying in my book, because they are absolute requirements. though knowing how much i love the sound of a v8, especially twin turbo v8, id probably put cutouts on it, but i think id stop there.

but then id see modified ones like this, and have to do wheels, etc:

I think it is the best looking car on the market right. not the most elegant or beautiful, but the best. just appeals to me so much.
Agreed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
I'm in the same place...2 months ago I never thought I'd ask "how much do I really NEED my warranty"...
Yea for now its cosmetic inexpensive stuff... Then maybe some motor improvements.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #18
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
Same here. Bought a 2012 2SS/RS modded it with a CIA, ZL rockers, splitter, spoiler, catch can. Took it to the road course and instantly became hooked on it. That's when it got crazy because the Z28 was just released and I knew I couldn't afford that but the next best was the 1le, that and I love the 2014 refresh.

I kept going back and forth between modding my '12 SS to the level of a 1le or just buying a 1le and be done, thinking that It would be at a level that I wouldn't need modding. That notion ended up being a complete joke. I bought the '14 1le... yeah it's outstanding and after taking it to the track I went completely out of my mind and have ended up with a list of mods a mile long and I see no end in sight. Man I love this car!!
Yea sounds like me, I had a car modded it loved it allot.. When the 1LE came out I was like gotta have that car. Thinking I would not mod it because it had all that I wanted in a Camaro. That was a bad assumption on my part..

I cant wait for Spring or even Summer... Just some warmth...

Cant wait to drive out your way, Need to stretch the legs..
Old 12-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #19
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Think I may be the only one on here 100% stock. Was thinking of getting a bit more aggressive exhaust, but really have to figure out what works with AFM. I heard Solo "J" pipes work fine, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Have an issue of messing with a perfectly working exhaust after all the crummy ones I had rust away over the years.
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #20
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by not View Post
Think I may be the only one on here 100% stock. Was thinking of getting a bit more aggressive exhaust, but really have to figure out what works with AFM. I heard Solo "J" pipes work fine, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Have an issue of messing with a perfectly working exhaust after all the crummy ones I had rust away over the years.
As far as L99 and AFM goes I would be in the dark. I wonder if GM's sells a kit for NPP on older camaro's. Reason I say this is the sound is really good, also does not drone at normal speed, meaning non acceleration driving ( 0 - 2000 rpm)...
Old 12-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #21
Indykid

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT Convertible
I said it but I had my fingers crossed!!!
Indykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #22
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indykid View Post
I said it but I had my fingers crossed!!!